2020-21 Division I Hockey Thread

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
The University of Massachusetts-Amherst Minutemen are the 2021 NCAA Division I men’s ice hockey champions. Final score = UMass 5 – St. Cloud State 0. Five scorers, four classes, total team effort.

Congratulations to UMass on their hockey program’s first championship, and the school’s third sports title. And stick taps to SCSU for earning their spot in the Final Four & making it to the championship game. Both teams had to face & overcome this COVID-dominated hockey season - no head hanging in that historic accomplishment. :5:

Last edited:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
The closing seconds & the opening celly ...

UMass junior forward Bobby Trivigno named the Most Outstanding Player of the Tournament.

ETA: UMass junior goaltender Filip Lindberg recorded his NCAA record 4th tournament shutout.

And wrapping up with the Minutemen's turn for the iconic photo ...

Last edited:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
The final men's DI poll of this crazy season. Apparently the #1 choice was a no-brainer after Saturday night. :win:

USCHO DI Men's Poll (12 Apr 2021).JPG

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Good on UMass. Carvel has done an outstanding job with that program. I watched every game they played in the tournament this year and I thought they exhibited one of the best team efforts I've seen in any level of hockey.
We didn't even have a hockey team when I was there ('85-'90). This is awesome, and they played their best when it mattered most.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Looks like the young man made a quick adjustment to the pro game, notching three points (2G + 1 A) in his AHL debut on Friday night.

I thought Pinto was the better all-around player this year, but that doesn't always land you the Hobey.

I'm not surprised to see Caufield off to a good start. He has the best arsenal of shots I've ever seen from a college player. Hell, he looks like Ovie when he rips a wrister from the left faceoff dot. He's also great at reading the play to get into position. His hockey smarts will get him to the next level.

Reactions: JMCx4

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
You may not have had a hockey team while you were there, but you had the Pixies and Dinosaur Jr.:yo:
So...Charlie and Joey lived down the hall from my friend, Lloyd and J. Mascis and I took German together. He had a Skeletor backpack. Buffalo Tom were also there, I had mutual friends, but I didn't know them. I actually ran the concert board for a few years and ended up working in the biz for about ten years after graduating. Did some great shows there, usually around 20/year. Totally student run, professional concert production/promotion. Awesome times. I might not have graduated if we'd had hockey. I was busy enough!

Reactions: RabidBadger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad