2020-21 College Basketball Thread

Sep 19, 2008
upload_2021-3-6_19-0-4.png

Sep 19, 2008
Seth Davis said the same thing right after the game. I really do like Howard as a coach in general, though. Great results there for him, much better homecoming than Harbaugh.
I also think OSU was mediocre losing 4 straight to end the season but they got hot late. Young out will hurt them though but they have talent there for sure.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I also think OSU was mediocre losing 4 straight to end the season but they got hot late. Young out will hurt them though but they have talent there for sure.

They can't stand to play with the lead, that's how they will lose in the tournament. Up 8 with 3 minutes to go and they will seize up.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
They can't stand to play with the lead, that's how they will lose in the tournament. Up 8 with 3 minutes to go and they will seize up.

I'm more interested in seeing if the B10 can back up the bragging and finally win another national title. Since 2000 they have been 0-7 in the title game. Louisville, of course, vacated their title over Michigan but that still doesn't count.

Illinois is the hottest team right now. But that won't mean a damn thing once the actual tournament starts. Michigan is acquiring injuries at the wrong time and needs to hope they can survive without Livers and get him back after a game or two. Anything longer than that, might want to put them on upset alert.

Have the odd feeling that Michigan State will make some noise this year as a cinderella.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When’s the last time we had:

No North Carolina
No Duke
No NC State

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
When’s the last time we had:

No North Carolina
No Duke
No NC State

Unfortunately no NC State is and has been common now :rolleyes:

Duke last missed in 1995 but K wasn't coaching then because of back injury, his last time missing while coaching was 1983, his 3rd year. UNC was going to miss last year and I remember they missed in 2010 I think. All 3? I'm not sure that's actually happened (although it could have this year but I guess UNC got in) and if it has, it was probably because probation or back when only the Tournament winner (which was usually one of the 3 anyways) got in.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I don’t think Gonzaga has been tested enough recently. They might struggle with their first quality opponent in the tournament. Going undefeated says more about the lack of competition they have in their conference than anything else. I’d much rather go into the tourney after being battle tested and dealing with adversity than after a long stretch of average opponents and easy wins. The Zags havnt even faced a ranked opponent since late December(almost 3 months)....think about that. I see just about everyone picking them to win the whole thing. IMO they might get knocked out much earlier than expected.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Brutal. One of the more high profile basketball players to come out of Boston in some time. RIP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad