2020-21 College Basketball Thread

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
U of I is officially back among the nations elite. Been far too long(not since 2005).

They’re absolutely stacked at all positions. Great mix of young talent and veteran leadership. Solid coaching. Defense and offense are both very impressive, so they’re incredibly balanced too. They can run and gun(just broke a school record today with 17 made 3s) or lock it down on defense. Look out for them as a favorite to win it all.

Sep 19, 2008
Illinois moved on from Weber which I didn't like, and stagnated under a pretty bad coach before finally firing him and hiring that new guy who has improved the program tremendously.

Reactions: SimpleJack

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Illinois moved on from Weber which I didn't like, and stagnated under a pretty bad coach before finally firing him and hiring that new guy who has improved the program tremendously.

Yup. Underwood has them playing like it’s already mid-season. His commitment to team defense is remarkable, all the players buy in and give maximum effort 100% of the time. He called a TO the other night when they were literally up by 62 pts and he cursed out his players for a couple turnovers in a row on back to back possessions. He’s an elite leader of men and he commands perfection. AND he recruits well. The program is in GREAT hands.

Illinois just became the first team since 1989 to win each of its first 2 games by 55+ points.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Gonzaga-Baylor just disappeared from the betting rotation...if this is cancelled...yikes.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
It is, unfortunately:

Damn. Not going to be an uncommon theme this season unfortunately.

I guess I'll have to suffice with betting my house and half my possessions on Georgia Southern today. Nothing of real note on the slate today now with NC State-UConn also getting scrapped.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Chicago State cancelled the rest of their season. They say it's due to COVID, and they did lose their head coach at the beginning of the season over health concerns as well as struggled to maintain a roster, but the skeptic in me feels that the program simply wanted to make its money in cupcake games and didn't want to get their asses whooped in the WAC, where they would be forced to travel and play back-to-back games. This is also specific when they cancel the men's program (which is their only money making program) but not the women's basketball team or any of their other programs this season.

Reactions: DaveG
Sep 19, 2008
Been very wary of Archie Miller in IU considering he's already been there several years and has had plenty of time to turn the program around (amazing that Crean was fired so long ago) but his win over Iowa last night was pretty big and sent a message. IU may not be elite but they are a force to be reckoned with when their offense is on point.

Sep 19, 2008
upload_2021-2-6_19-33-9.png

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
UNC, Duke, UCLA, Kansas, and Kentucky all unranked in the AP poll this week, and frankly that actually feels like a damn good thing for the college game.

Reactions: Teemu

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
UNC, Duke, UCLA, Kansas, and Kentucky all unranked in the AP poll this week, and frankly that actually feels like a damn good thing for the college game.

It took a while but ultimately the one and done thing was going to kill the big boys, just didn't expect it to happen to everyone at once.

Reactions: DaveG
Sep 19, 2008
@IU Hawks fan been pretty harsh on Archie as I expect results 4 years in but in a tumultuous season IU is somehow stealing wins and getting pretty lucky

Might buy Archie a few more years of grace but IU fans shouldn't be content with mediocrity especially in a tough Big 10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad