Prospect Info: 2020-21 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Im not sure what to say about this team. Just no horses up front. It would have been nice to see this defense with last years forwards. Losing Kuokkanen, Boqvist, McLeod, Bastian, Merkley and Maltsev will tend to hurt..haha

Boquist will be back soon from suspension and when Zajac and Nico return that should free up a couple of more forwards for Binghamton. That defense seems to have four legit prospects on it. How great is that compared to recent seasons. Also at the end of 2 periods, Senn has stopped 27 of 28 shots. If he turns into a legit NHL back up that would be a big deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guadana

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Im not sure what to say about this team. Just no horses up front. It would have been nice to see this defense with last years forwards. Losing Kuokkanen, Boqvist, McLeod, Bastian, Merkley and Maltsev will tend to hurt..haha

A lot of those guys are going to be back. Gusev, Hischier, Zajac back by next Tuesday pushes 3 guys back down to Binghamton. Maltsev seems like a definite to play down there again. Merkley and Kuokkanen also. Or, failing that, it will knock them on to the taxi squad, and then Seney and Street will play down there in Binghamton.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Boquist will be back soon from suspension and when Zajac and Nico return that should free up a couple of more forwards for Binghamton. That defense seems to have four legit prospects on it. How great is that compared to recent seasons.
I will share my thoughts on Vukojevic after the game. He is growing on me. Clarke on the other hand looks his age.

Reactions: SYWTom and My3Sons

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
A lot of those guys are going to be back. Gusev, Hischier, Zajac back by next Tuesday pushes 3 guys back down to Binghamton. Maltsev seems like a definite to play down there again. Merkley and Kuokkanen also. Or, failing that, it will knock them on to the taxi squad, and then Seney and Street will play down there in Binghamton.
Can you realistically send Kuokkanen down after his last 5 games?

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Can you realistically send Kuokkanen down after his last 5 games?

Yes. He won't maintain this pace and if he falters at all in this sort of environment, he will be the first guy sent to the minors IMO - he's not waiver-eligible nor is he a center.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
You forgot Sharagovich and Joey Anderson if we’re talking last season. Kuokkanen only played 4 games in Bing so he was more of a tease of what Bing’s playoff march would offer since he had 3G 3A 6 points in those 4 games.

Reactions: Guadana

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Yes. He won't maintain this pace and if he falters at all in this sort of environment, he will be the first guy sent to the minors IMO - he's not waiver-eligible nor is he a center.
Kuokkanen biggest issue is he’s a playmaking winger and might not score enough goals to stick in the NHL. Playmaking is swell but teams need goals. I’m convinced at this point Kuokkanen can keep getting assists, the dude flat out makes plays, but he needs to get more pucks on net if he wants to stick.

Also while he’s an excellent back checker he doesn’t have a physical game (aka doesn’t hit much) that teams like from bottom six players. I was always braced myself for him to be a tweener, simply based on how we got him, but it does feel like he’s close to having the goods. SHOOT THE PUCK though.

I’m not disagreeing with you on him going down if everyone is healthy. Once the team starts playing this condensed schedule, everyone won’t be healthy soon enough. It’s unlikely that Nico’s leg is the only non-COVID injury the Devils have to deal with this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->