Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Texas Stars

serp

Jan 17, 2016

This happened to Nikitas Sherbak last night. Its pretty gruesome.

Last edited:

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Damiani is a wing at the next level, correct?

Still listed at 170 pounds; the Texas Stars camera angle sucks and makes everyone look like midgets, but he doesn't seem like he's put on any weight. Most of the energetic shifty "waterbug" types tend to be moved to wing in the NHL and he was always a bad face-off guy anyways.

He's been awesome every time I've seen him though, really excited to see what he looks like in the NHL.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Damiani is a wing at the next level, correct?

Still listed at 170 pounds; the Texas Stars camera angle sucks and makes everyone look like midgets, but he doesn't seem like he's put on any weight. Most of the energetic shifty "waterbug" types tend to be moved to wing in the NHL and he was always a bad face-off guy anyways.

He's been awesome every time I've seen him though, really excited to see what he looks like in the NHL.

If I worked for the Stars I'd want to experiment with him down the middle in the NHL to maximize his value.

I'm not sure if he can break into the league at C and stick like Tyler Johnson did but I've learned not to doubt Damiani.

Reactions: Zapp and Abilify

Zapp

Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
If I worked for the Stars I'd want to experiment with him down the middle in the NHL to maximize his value.

I'm not sure if he can break into the league at C and stick like Tyler Johnson did but I've learned not to doubt Damiani.

Damiani has all the tools to play C in the NHL. Elite skating, high-end IQ, can play PP and PK.

I wish he had better hands but that would just be a luxury.

He has a higher chance of carving out a nice NHL career as a C than say someone like Mavrik Bourque.

Bourque is a lock for wing in his professional future

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Damiani has all the tools to play C in the NHL. Elite skating, high-end IQ, can play PP and PK.

I wish he had better hands but that would just be a luxury.

He has a higher chance of carving out a nice NHL career as a C than say someone like Mavrik Bourque.

Bourque is a lock for wing in his professional future
Mavrik has all the tools you described as well (other than playing PK probably), so why ido you think Mavrik is a lock for wing but Damiani can cut it as a center? Not saying I disagree or anything, just wondering what Damiani has that Mavrik does not.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Mavrik is slightly bigger and better at face-offs*. He was also more productive at a younger age. I think Damiani is a better skater though.

I don't know if Mavrik can stick at center either, but I'm a little more confident in him doing so.

*I think face-offs are a tad over-rated, but I think it matters as to whether a coach will let them play center.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I thought Mavrik's skating was one of his best attributes? I'm talking about agility and edge-work, not top-end speed.

Mavrik's very strong on his skates and has great balance. Really tough to knock off the puck for a 5'11" guy.

I think Damiani has better speed, acceleration and agility though. Elite skating was an exaggeration by Swat, but he's really quick.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I'd rather Mascherin get first crack at NHL minutes out of the Texas Stars guys.

Gonna require waivers and it seems like now that he's turning 23 he's dropped the extra few pounds of baby fat and is closer to his physical ceiling. I'm not sure how much more he can improve whereas with Damiani and Harley, they could still fill out and get stronger. If Mascherin doesn't get a chance this fall, I'm not quite sure what the point of having him in your organization is.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I'd rather Mascherin get first crack at NHL minutes out of the Texas Stars guys.

Gonna require waivers and it seems like now that he's turning 23 he's dropped the extra few pounds of baby fat and is closer to his physical ceiling. I'm not sure how much more he can improve whereas with Damiani and Harley, they could still fill out and get stronger. If Mascherin doesn't get a chance this fall, I'm not quite sure what the point of having him in your organization is.

To play for your minor league team and score goals?

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Just because someone now require waivers doesn't mean he deserves to have a shot to make the NHL over younger players first. If the younger guys are better in training camp they make it over Mascherin. It's that simple. If Mascherin make the team cool , if he doesn't he doesn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->