Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Texas Stars

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Wouldn't they miss like half the season just because of the quarantine they'll have to go through before they're allowed to re-join their Canadian OHL teams.

Not to mention what about US OHL teams ( or WHL teams for that matter ) . How in the world is that gonna work ?
Not sure I don’t think many of them will get much playing time in the ahl anyways and it would leave a lot of good players off those junior rosters which is why they have the no ahl rule for junior players . Anyone’s guess at this point though .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Not sure I don’t think many of them will get much playing time in the ahl anyways and it would leave a lot of good players off those junior rosters which is why they have the no ahl rule for junior players . Anyone’s guess at this point though .

Idk about all of that because the AHL is very much only playing because NHL teams want to have a place where prospects can play . There won't be a Calder Cup awarded this year. Very much not a year that AHL vets will enjoy especially thanks to the salary structure that was decided

Reactions: Bfantz

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Idk about all of that because the AHL is very much only playing because NHL teams want to have a place where prospects can play . There won't be a Calder Cup awarded this year. Very much not a year that AHL vets will enjoy especially thanks to the salary structure that was decided
Ya I hear you , it’s hard to say what will happen .

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Watched some of the game today, everyone looks pretty good. I think Texas has a pretty strong roster all around.

Reactions: Kcb12345

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Wasn’t planning on watching much AHL this season just because I felt Texas didn’t have a very interesting roster, but looks like these first two games have been good, might have to reconsider

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So from what the game roster for todays game it looks like Stranges and Porco will play today.

Edit : Maybe not . Guess i was wrong.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Harley with the game winner in OT . Strange goal. Not sure that was on purpose . He banked it off the goalie and in.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
How has scherbak looked? Surprised to see that name for Texas...

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Alright i guess. Not bad but didn't particularly stand out either. If he's looking for another NHL chance not sure he can archive that.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Point looked good again.

Not sure what Gleason thought would happen when he tried that pass that lead to the turnover for the tying goal by Iowa .

Reactions: Dallasman

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017

Point looked good again.

Not sure what Gleason thought would happen when he tried that pass that lead to the turnover for the tying goal by Iowa .

That was a cute goal by Harley .

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Damn Point looked good in those highlights. The Taxi Squad created for this season might be the best thing that ever happened to him. Based on some of White's quotes coming into the season though, I would guess this is also a response to a pretty frank, honest conversation about expectations and falling short with White. Good on Point for seemingly taking a challenge from the organization to get his shit together while capitalizing on the advantage of both Oettinger and Bow not being around.

He'll likely lose the net to Oettinger when Bishop is healthy since I don't think Dallas will sit Jake on the taxi squad not playing, but Point is doing a good job right now trying to earn the starter job in Texas next year.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
OHL proposed startup, will force Harley, Stranges and Porco back to Ontario.

There isn't a timeline for the OHL's return to play, so I doubt it'll happen anytime soon. The province will probably go back into lockdown in a month when cases spike back up again.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
There isn't a timeline for the OHL's return to play, so I doubt it'll happen anytime soon. The province will probably go back into lockdown in a month when cases spike back up again.

I thought it was start of April. But it appears that information is inaccurate per a Google search and it was just online rumours.

"In a statement released by OHL commissioner David Branch on Thursday morning, the details have not been finalized at this point."

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I thought it was start of April. But it appears that information is inaccurate per a Google search and it was just online rumours.

"In a statement released by OHL commissioner David Branch on Thursday morning, the details have not been finalized at this point."

April 2nd-4th seems like they are going to do a bubble in four cities so probably 5 teams per bubble. What I’m wondering about is say the bubble starts April 2nd are the players expected to fly back March 19th for their quarantine? Will be interesting to see if teams try to keep their prospects in the AHL for as long as possible

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Harley is doing so well early in the year. It'd be detrimental for him to go back to the OHL.

Stranges and Porco would definitely benefit from the OHL returning.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Not that anyone asked or cares, but Honka still sucks.

and Damiani has been the best player on the ice in every game I have seen. Harley thinks the game at a high level, seems to always make the correct play. Small sample size for these guys but I figure we could use some positivity with how the big Stars are playing.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Noticed scherbak had 2 goals and 9 shots tonight. 8 points in 8 games now. Is he looking like he may one day have an opportunity w Dallas at some point, even if not til next year?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Noticed scherbak had 2 goals and 9 shots tonight. 8 points in 8 games now. Is he looking like he may one day have an opportunity w Dallas at some point, even if not til next year?

He definitely wants another shot at the NHL . Doubt he cares if its Dallas or elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->