2020-2021 St. Louis Blues: Well, ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
If he wants a statue he needs to resign. Otherwise maybe they can build him one in Toronto or Vegas or wherever he goes.
I mean, he’s probably getting one either way, as I’d imagine they’ll get one of him lifting the cup. They may not specifically acknowledge it as HIS statue but I think they’ll do something with him since he was the first player in team history to lift it.

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012

Not entirely surprising that some guys needed something fixed. Who knows what it could have been though

I'm guessing Steen can be included in that.

I mean, he’s probably getting one either way, as I’d imagine they’ll get one of him lifting the cup. They may not specifically acknowledge it as HIS statue but I think they’ll do something with him since he was the first player in team history to lift it.
I agree, I think no matter what happens with Pietrangelo here on out, he's probably already locked up a statue being the first Blues captain to lift the Cup, and he'll definitely be in the HOF someday. He's already put himself ahead of the greats and the guys who have statues outside Enterprise, while they had spectacular careers none won a Cup with the Blues.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Still its mind boggling. Cut paid from staff and coaches. Not acceptable.
You got to remember that outside of apparel sales most, if not all, of other revenue got axed. No ticket sales, no broadcasting, everything just stopped.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
People have been getting hours cut, furloughed and laid off around the world, so it coms as no surprise to me that hockey staff are having reduced pay.

Last edited:

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Agreed, would definitely rather get paid only 80% of my salary than get laid off or furloughed.
I did the math on unemployment and 80% reduced salary is better, so long as it is a temporary measure. Time magazine just had a great article on how much money has been pulled out of workers pockets since the 70s.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I did the math on unemployment and 80% reduced salary is better, so long as it is a temporary measure. Time magazine just had a great article on how much money has been pulled out of workers pockets since the 70s.
I don't trust unemployment. Plus, due to me being in the Navy for so long I always feel like I have to be working.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Hopefully he tears it up over there and can come into training camp (whenever that may be) on a high note!
I’d hope he has a strong showing in the KHL. It’s weird just how good Jaškin looks for Dynamo, continuing it into this season as well.

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I’d hope he has a strong showing in the KHL. It’s weird just how good Jaškin looks for Dynamo, continuing it into this season as well.
Just goes to show I think how tough it is to play in the NHL, guys like Jaskin are good players but sometimes the NHL isn't where they blossom despite their talent. Although I do think sometimes he may have been a better fit on a different team in the league than the Blues or Caps.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
There is more and more covid-19 cases in KHL and finnish league too. I guess its good players can play, but they all are exposed for covid-19. They are playing 'russian rulette' in Europe now.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada

Army needs to swallow his pride and buyout Steen and use that 2.4 and try to get Petro signed.

I appreciate Steen's years as a Blue but now he is passed damaged goods.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I can’t imagine there is much appetite to pay players not to play, now more than ever.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012

Army needs to swallow his pride and buyout Steen and use that 2.4 and try to get Petro signed.

I appreciate Steen's years as a Blue but now he is passed damaged goods.

It's possible as JR mentioned he's still injured and they can't, but if he's out for a length of time he may just end things on LTIR anyway

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
It's possible as JR mentioned he's still injured and they can't, but if he's out for a length of time he may just end things on LTIR anyway
If Steen was even thinking LTIR, I don't imagine DA would be playing with fire with Petro, he'd have the $.

Even then, buying out Steen to keep one of the top defensemen in the league for the rest of his career is worth whatever locker room issue it could cause.

Reactions: Vollie27

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Blues should take a flyer on Ryan if he will sign for the vet minimum or close to it.

I don't think he'd take the minimum, but we should be able to get him on a "prove it" contract, especially if we're not paying Petro, and we could definitely use the winger depth if Tarasenko is questionable.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Blues should take a flyer on Ryan if he will sign for the vet minimum or close to it.
Even if he took League minimum, I don't think that Armstrong would go there.

If I had to guess on a forward that we target, then it would probably be Josh Leivo. Would fit how we play, just a matter of whether he can get and stay healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad