Speculation: 2020-2021: Sharks Roster Discussion Part 2 - Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Carolina had an incredibly deep team. They didn't have a lot of high-end talent, but they had plenty of veterans (including a few who were on the 2002 SCF team), plus Cam Ward having one of the best goalie performances of all-time.

Carolina had a great foundation in Eric Staal and Cam Ward.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Bobby Ryan being bought out. Man I’d love to add him to our third line on the cheap. Sign him and Dadanov and our forwards look a lot better instantly.

Meier-Couture-Dadanov
Kane-Hertl-Gregor
Ryan-Thornton-Labanc
Bergmann-Handemark-Kellman
Wennberg might get bought out too. Could be another low value target

Reactions: BigDmitriy

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I’d like Ryan in a teal sweater. I believe he’d fit here.
I wonder if he had a good relationship with Karlsson. If so, he'd be a good target and probably willing to take a discount to play on a team that will give him opportunity to shine and cash in one last time

Reactions: Alaskanice

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Seems like exactly the kind of move DW should make. Take a gamble on a middle six winger on a cheap contract. If they can get him on a 2x3 or something, that would be a perfect fit.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
The only thing Wennberg has on Jumbo is speed and age. Jumbo is better in every aspect. I’d rather play Gambrell at C than sign Wennberg. Not a good player at all.
He hasn't been great the last couple years but I feel like he's a good buy low candidate

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
It's not too bad of a number, it's just too long

The Edmundson contract, however, is terrible, that guy was never good and made bank because he was the #6 D on a championship team
I can't imagine paying a #3 or 4 defenseman 6.25 million dollars for 4 years from ages 33-37. Particularly given the cap situation due to the pandemic.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
It's not too bad of a number, it's just too long

The Edmundson contract, however, is terrible, that guy was never good and made bank because he was the #6 D on a championship team
I just saw the headline "4 x 6.25 for Petry" and went, 'Thats not a bad deal for Petro'. Then I saw it was Jeff Petry and am wondering what the hell that means for the likes of Pietrangelo.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I can't imagine paying a #3 or 4 defenseman 6.25 million dollars for 4 years from ages 33-37. Particularly given the cap situation due to the pandemic.

We don't have to imagine it, we have Vlasic on the roster

Petry is a really over qualified 2nd pair D, he's like a 2.5 Dman, he can play top pair in a pinch and not look out of place, and he was the best skater for MTL in the Pittsburgh series

I just saw the headline "4 x 6.25 for Petry" and went, 'Thats not a bad deal for Petro'. Then I saw it was Jeff Petry and am wondering what the hell that means for the likes of Pietrangelo.

Pietrangelo was always gonna get super overpaid by virtue of being the best player in this UFA class, I don't think the Petry deal moves the needle on him too much

Thank goodness, a Jones or Vlasic buyout penalty would be a nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad