Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Senators Prospect Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Dude, they drafted a guy who isn't going to play on the first defensive line with the number 5 pick in a deep draft.
Not necessarily because he’s not good enough. If he was a right shot he would be pencilled in on the first pairing as soon as next year

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Dude, they drafted a guy who isn't going to play on the first defensive line with the number 5 pick in a deep draft.
Whats your point? I guess Pittsburgh shouldn’t have drafted Crosby, or traded Malkin, since they don’t play on the same line. That argument is irrelevant. Chabot and Sanderson will get similar minutes when Sanderson is in his prime

Reactions: Bileur

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
The faulty logic is “the Sens could have walked away from the draft with Raymond, Holtz and Bourque at 3, 5 and 28, but instead they will regret their draft in 5 years” (Funnily enough, all are rated lower than the guy the Sens took in their place on McKenzies rankings)

Yes, we know the dobber staffs rankings. That’s not what I’m disagreeing with (though they were among the worst from the services). I’m disagreeing with the rationale behind the evaluations and reasoning.

And the other that’s being critiqued. The Sens were rated 7th for prospect pools just before the draft, and somehow fall 7 spots to 14th. How does that make sense? A team that added the 3rd and 5th overall pick, along with another 1st rounder and 3 2nd round picks and fell 7 spots after a draft. If anyone could give a sensible reasoning or offer an explanation as to how or why, I’ll concede.
It’s about time people realize there are only a couple of good public scouting services out there. Choose your sources wisely.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
So where is Chlapik??, another game for Sparta Prague today and no sign of him.
Only prospect playing today was Alsing his team won 3-1
Sturtzle's Adler Mannheim won again today.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I mean, tons of teams draft guys in the top 5 that aren’t going to play on their top pairing or top line, and the were the right, and great picks.

If the best player in the draft was a left D would that be a wasted pick because he wouldn’t be on our top pair as well?

We are Sens fans, you’d think we’d understand us seeking to build two #1 D ok different pairs seeing we played against the best D core in the past 20 years, who never had their 2 best D on the same pair.

#1 and #2 guys anchoring a different pair and playing ~24-25 mins a night, that’s what we should be aiming for, and thankfully, we don’t need to anymore, we have those absolute necessities. Aside from a #1C, they are the 2 hardest positions to fill, by a huge amount, on a team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bileur and HzH

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It’s about time people realize there are only a couple of good public scouting services out there. Choose your sources wisely.
Pretty much read all of them lol. There’s nothing at stake for us in reading them. Nothing to choose wisely.

If they don’t like a player the sens picked and they’re wrong: amazing. And I got to read about players I don’t get to watch and they do.

If they don’t like a sens pick and they’re right. Sucks. Also got to read about these prospects.

If they love a sens pick and they’re right? Amazing. And I got to read about these prospects.

if they love a sens pick and they’re wrong. Sucks. Annndrfdd I got to read about these prospects.

Some people just need to stop taking these peoples opinions personally lmao.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Pretty much read all of them lol. There’s nothing at stake for us in reading them. Nothing to choose wisely.

If they don’t like a player the sens picked and they’re wrong: amazing. And I got to read about players I don’t get to watch and they do.

If they don’t like a sens pick and they’re right. Sucks. Also got to read about these prospects.

If they love a sens pick and they’re right? Amazing. And I got to read about these prospects.

if they love a sens pick and they’re wrong. Sucks. Annndrfdd I got to read about these prospects.

Some people just need to stop taking these peoples opinions personally lmao.
You’re applying a read everything, treat everything equal approach. Perfectly fine. Eklund made an absolute killing of the approach.

Most are suggesting, and very rightly so, that they have different values with regards to evaluation, ranking, and accuracy. It would seem obvious you would take some more serious then others, if you’re looking to get what you deem an accurate and insightful picture.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You’re applying a read everything, treat everything equal approach. Perfectly fine. Eklund made an absolute killing of the approach.

Most are suggesting, and very rightly so, that they have different values with regards to evaluation, ranking, and accuracy. It would seem obvious you would take some more serious then others, if you’re looking to get what you deem an accurate and insightful picture.
No no. Do not treat everything equal.

yeah they definitely have different values. And that shows in their rankings. I don’t know if their right or wrong. Time will tell as I always say.

but I mean. There is nothing lost here in the treating equal lol. Like. What’s the most that happens we post a review by one of these sources.

main point is any of those services is a better service than whatever I offer. As my viewing of these prospects is limited relative to theirs.

And I mean. Some teams had drafts that “internet scouts” loved. And those teams have pro scouts. Paid by pro teams..... the sens aren’t the only scouting team in the league lol. So these “Internet scouts” opinions line up with some pro scouting teams. (This is not to say internet scouts are better than pros. Or pros). But to say “oh they don’t line up the pros on sens staff”. Doesn’t mean anything lol. Because other teams had drafts these guys loved.

mand the jarventie pick. Most of them really like that pick lol. Which is hilarious since early on it’s the one that has some on this board saying “damn these internet scouts want to doubt Pierre dorion??? When they gonna learn???” No they like the jerventie pick lmao.

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
No no. Do not treat everything equal.

yeah they definitely have different values. And that shows in their rankings. I don’t know if their right or wrong. Time will tell as I always say.

but I mean. There is nothing lost here in the treating equal lol. Like. What’s the most that happens we post a review by one of these sources.

main point is any of those services is a better service than whatever I offer. As my viewing of these prospects is limited relative to theirs.

And I mean. Some teams had drafts that “internet scouts” loved. And those teams have pro scouts. Paid by pro teams..... the sens aren’t the only scouting team in the league lol. So these “Internet scouts” opinions line up with some pro scouting teams. (This is not to say internet scouts are better than pros. Or pros). But to say “oh they don’t line up the pros on sens staff”. Doesn’t mean anything lol. Because other teams had drafts these guys loved.
Yeah, this is just a circular issue you always bring up that for some reason I always try and jump in.

Have at it

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yeah, this is just a circular issue you always bring up that for some reason I always try and jump in.

Have at it
It’s simple. Do you dismiss a pro teams scouting staff because their draft reflects these so called Internet scouts list? Does it make you like their lists less? They are pros after all.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It’s simple. Do you dismiss a pro teams scouting staff because their draft reflects these so called Internet scouts list? Does it make you like their lists less? They are pros after all.
The fact it keeps getting brought back to internet scouting lists, very strange.

They have nothing to do with liking a draft, unless you’re using them as your only point of reference.

There are some very good services, some very bad services, and tons with great info. Relying on any one, or really any in general, is just strange.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If we want to talk logic. I mean there’s gotta be better logic as an argument against these services than “their list didn’t look like Trent Mann’s list”

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The fact it keeps getting brought back to internet scouting lists, very strange.
I agree man. I don’t see why people are so against these lists. If someone here watched a shit ton of these players and compiled a list. With reviews of each I would read it

also. It’s all we have to discuss since we now know who the sens took lol. We can’t judge the sens picks...against their own picks.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I agree man. I don’t see why people are so against these lists. If someone here watched a shit ton of these players and compiled a list. With reviews of each I would read it

also. It’s all we have to discuss since we now know who the sens took lol. We can’t judge the sens picks...against their own picks.
You seem to be saying that merely watching players play makes you qualified to analyze them.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
mand the jarventie pick. Most of them really like that pick lol. Which is hilarious since early on it’s the one that has some on this board saying “damn these internet scouts want to doubt Pierre dorion??? When they gonna learn???” No they like the jerventie pick lmao.
Haven’t seen much/any of this whatsoever, and have been in the Jarventie and draft threads pretty much daily, any quotes for that?

Kind of strange if so, Dorion took Jarventie higher than any online or professional ranking.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
You seem to be saying only the sens staff is qualified to analyze them lol. Cuz other teams pro scouts seemed to agree with these other services lol
I’m not saying that whatsoever. I like what Trent Mann’s team has done over the past five years but so have a bunch of other teams. You know, actual nhl scouts. I also think people get way too hyped on flashy skill guys which leads to biases and misinformation. Clearly this argument is not going anywhere, so we can just put it to bed.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I’m not saying that whatsoever. I like what Trent Mann’s team has done over the past five years but so have a bunch of other teams. You know, actual nhl scouts. I also think people get way too hyped on flashy skill guys which leads to biases and misinformation. Clearly this argument is not going anywhere, so we can just put it to bed.
I suppose we can. I will keep reading write ups on players I have seeen very little of. From people who have seen a ton of.

I also hope that the 10-11 guys we picked this year end up being the 10-11 best players in the draft

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Anyone saying that the internet scouts should listen to Dorion about the Jarventie pick?

Actually it doesn’t really matter either way, I’m sure it’s there
Mm I think there’s a misunderstanding. But it doesn’t true. Look. I like the stutzle oick. I like the Sanderson pick. We will see who was right on all these guys in the future

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Th
I suppose we can. I will keep reading write ups on players I have seeen very little of. From people who have seen a ton of.

I also hope that the 10-11 guys we picked this year end up being the 10-11 best players in the draft
There will always be better players selected after the sens picks. It’s a reality for any team, some picks will never make it and some will overachieve. The odds that all of their first and second rounders hit is low. If their picks becomes good players and help the team win, that’s all that matters

Reactions: Xspyrit

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Todd Burgess had 2 assists tonight for Minnesota State vs Bemidji State. Burgess is one of the older players in the NCAA so the most I would expect out of him is a AHL contract with Belleville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad