2020-2021 season. Start now pushed to February 5, 2021

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
31 Thoughts: Hockey, NHL pushing forward on multiple fronts - Sportsnet.ca

Just one sentence. But lots of room for news.

Just two more weeks for Dave Andrews to be in charge.
It will be interesting to see what they do. The ECHL has already released their schedule, with a normal start date of mid October. Typically the NHL season starts a week or two before the AHL, and the ECHL a week or two after that, so players can trickle down for camp at each level as rosters are finalized. With the NHL likely to start the next season much later it may be a reverse situation, where players start in the AHL or ECHL and "trickle up" - or both minor leagues might be much more reliant on free agents and not getting NHL contnracted players, or players signed to AHL deals by the NHL club. Or maybe they end up revising and starting later too.

soundtigersfan

Feb 28, 2007
CT
I would say the season is at very high risk of not being played. This league is so dependent on attendance in that fans in seats drive the value of the corporate sponsorships since there are such limited viewing options outside of the rinks. Unless the NHL is essentially willing to subsidize the entire league operations for prospect development purposes, I think there is a very real chance that the entire season is canceled similar to what MiLB is reportedly considering.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
But what of the dozen or so independent AHL franchise owners? Will the NHL ownerships subsidize them too?
Good opportunity for NHL owners to tighten their grip on the League's future? Set the independents adrift & let them try to lash together the lifeboats into a competing league?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Good opportunity for NHL owners to tighten their grip on the League's future? Set the independents adrift & let them try to lash together the lifeboats into a competing league?
WHAT Independents are there..... that rule failed over 25 years ago.....that's not the AHL, THAT'S THE ECHL that allows an independent option

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
But what of the dozen or so independent AHL franchise owners? Will the NHL ownerships subsidize them too?
Some independent's most likely don't need any help Providence for example produces merchandising revenue hand over fist on the bruins name alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

Nashville and Milwaukee are still tied together for another season. They keep renewing 2 year agreements. Technically, the Admirals are independent.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Nashville and Milwaukee are still tied together for another season. They keep renewing 2 year agreements. Technically, the Admirals are independent.
And NHL-AHL affiliation agreements typically contain annual off-ramps that can be exercised by one or either party. Still, my questions were hypothetical.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
And NHL-AHL affiliation agreements typically contain annual off-ramps that can be exercised by one or either party. Still, my questions were hypothetical.

The two year agreements between Milwaukee and Nashville have been running since 1998, when the Preds joined the NHL. Those are plenty of opportunities to take an off ramp. Nashville did abruptly dump the Norfolk Admirals (ECHL) a few years ago. I don't recall the specific reason or reasons. That happened during a hockey season.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
"Independent" meaning "not NHL owned".

It's as if you have no concept of context.

I absolutely agree with you 210.

The Milwaukee Admirals are a locally owned AHL franchise. I am sure that 10 or 12 other AHL teams are still that way, despite what Hutch believes.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO

If I had no concept of context, I would have started my Reply with a "But" rather than an "And." It's as if (or though) you have no concept of grammar.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Went to Henderson select-a-seat today. If any games are not played (with fans in the stands), they will credit monies toward future seasons.

Most sections have 3 or more season commitment to STH. And have built in % escalator. For example, let's say you get a 5 year term; and the % increase is 8%. You know the maximum increase per season over that period of time.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Went to Henderson select-a-seat today. ... Most sections have 3 or more season commitment to STH. And have built in % escalator. ...
Took me a re-read to realize you weren't talking about assisted access to all seating tiers in the arena. :huh:

Reactions: UncMike

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006

Or is it context of concept??? :)

If I had no concept of context, I would have started my Reply with a "But" rather than an "And." It's as if (or though) you have no concept of grammar.

I didn't quote your post...

Reading is fundamental. Comprehension and context appear to be concepts lost on the vast majority of the population.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
I absolutely agree with you 210.

The Milwaukee Admirals are a locally owned AHL franchise. I am sure that 10 or 12 other AHL teams are still that way, despite what Hutch believes.

Why do the Doobie Bros. pop in my head? Can anyone tell me why that's happening?

Reactions: HHHH

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Why do the Doobie Bros. pop in my head? Can anyone tell me why that's happening?

Because I am "Takin' It to the Streets"?

Or "What a Fool Believes"?

I am just going to go "Rockin' Down the Highway" until I find some "Black Water" or "China Grove".

You can "Listen To The Music" because it is a "Natural Thing"!

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Because I am "Takin' It to the Streets"?

Or "What a Fool Believes"?

I am just going to go "Rockin' Down the Highway" until I find some "Black Water" or "China Grove".

You can "Listen To The Music" because it is a "Natural Thing"!

Yes...I believe you figured it out...guess you're no fool....you're pretty smart...I mean even "Jesus is just Alright" according to them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad