Debrusk-Coyle-Studnicka
Frederic-Kuraly-Wagner
Senyshyn

Hanifin-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Chara-Lauzon
Miller-Clifton

Puts us just under the cap
I like it......I'd prefer to keep Kase though. I think him, Krejci, Hoffman could be a very good line. Not sure what would need to be added to Bjork, Moore and a 1st for Hanifin if we removed Kase. I'd love to throw in Wagner, keep Ritchie and have a 4th line of Ritchie-Kuraly-Frederic/Studnicka

Reactions: bbfan419

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
I like it......I'd prefer to keep Kase though. I think him, Krejci, Hoffman could be a very good line. Not sure what would need to be added to Bjork, Moore and a 1st for Hanifin if we removed Kase. I'd love to throw in Wagner, keep Ritchie and have a 4th line of Ritchie-Kuraly-Frederic/Studnicka

keeping Kase unfortunately puts us over the cap.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
keeping Kase unfortunately puts us over the cap.
I'm not great at the cap but aren't we allowed to spend 10% over? If Marshy, Miller and Pasta are all on LTIR effective the start of the season, would we be cap compliant until they got back?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Trades:

Flames: Bjork, Kase, Moore, 1st
Bruins: Hanifin

Team: Ritchie
Bruins: 3rd

Signings:

Chara 1 year, 1mill
Hoffman 1 year, 5mill

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hoffman-Krejci-Smith
Debrusk-Coyle-Studnicka
Frederic-Kuraly-Wagner
Senyshyn

Hanifin-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Chara-Lauzon
Miller-Clifton

Puts us just under the cap
I like this, while I would prefer a year of Studnicka in Providence if you have to have him in Boston the third line with a big, puck controlling center like Coyle is a good fit, it will show him how to be an NHL center. DeBrusk also works better on the third line and this would cause match up problems for other teams.

Still not thrilled with Gryz on the second pair but the D is much better with Hanafin and Chara. You have some nasty back there in Lauzon and a hopefully healthy Miller.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
They do not have enough offense, we have needed another top 6 winger for a long time.
Grzelcyk is not a top 3 D on any contending team. Yes they need a top six winger but they are better trying to get offense out of Kase than going into the season with the current D corp. Vaak and Zboril are not NHL players. Lauzon and Clifton are good bottom pair/depth guys as is a healthy Miller.

Smith with Krejci may be able to produce more than 20 goals. They have the same holes they have had for years (second line scoring, grit and size) now they can add a porous D to it.

GM of the year my ***

Reactions: bbfan419 and duffy

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Grzelcyk is not a top 3 D on any contending team. Yes they need a top six winger but they are better trying to get offense out of Kase than going into the season with the current D corp. Vaak and Zboril are not NHL players. Lauzon and Clifton are good bottom pair/depth guys as is a healthy Miller.

Smith with Krejci may be able to produce more than 20 goals. They have the same holes they have had for years (second line scoring, grit and size) now they can add a porous D to it.

GM of the year my ***

Because they lost Krug?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Maybe I’m entirely wrong, but I really don’t think we are going to be significantly worse defensively without krug. Chara might sting a little and there may be some rookie moments for the young guys. Overall really not worried though.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I must be missing something because I'm reading that we are now all set with a better team than last year. Losing Krug and signing Craig Smith made us better? How can that be?
We’re not better.

And the team wasn’t good enough to begin with.

Just going backwards.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
And we added Kase and Smith.
God I hope the people who love Kase are right. Because he doesn’t look like a real addition to me.

0 goals, 5 assists in 17 games, gets hit a LOT and every time he does it’s like he’s catching a live grenade. There’s skill there for sure (in f***in spades) but even his decision-making with the puck was too erratic to mesh with the ever-deliberate Krejci.

Also, to call him an addition is disingenuous. He skated all five games the Bruins lasted against the Lightning and did precisely what one feared he might - nothing.

Smith is a real add and a big plus. But I don’t believe the Bruins are appreciably better up front unless he represents some filler to help round out the top six. DeBrusk - Krejci - Kase as your second line gets you one-and-done (optimistically) and that’s not even factoring in what’s required along the left side of the blueline.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
We’re not better.

And the team wasn’t good enough to begin with.

Just going backwards.
I'm with you here.

You gotta keep in mind that the core of this team isn't getting younger, either.

I'm not sure if i think this team is worse, but it's certainly not better. It's spinning tires to me.

Out:
Torey Krug
Joakim Nordstrom
Zdeno Chara (potentially)

In:

Craig Smith

I don't see how this is a better team right now.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I'm with you here.

You gotta keep in mind that the core of this team isn't getting younger, either.

I'm not sure if i think this team is worse, but it's certainly not better. It's spinning tires to me.

Out:
Torey Krug
Joakim Nordstrom

In:

Craig Smith

If you are going to factor in the attrition that comes with age, you have to also expect similar improvements from the younger players. Some of the best players on this team are <25...and haven't come close to hitting their peaks. Pastrnak, McAvoy, DeBrusk, Bjork, Lauzon, Kuhlman all just babies..even f'ing Ritchie is only 24!

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
God I hope the people who love Kase are right. Because he doesn’t look like a real addition to me.

0 goals, 5 assists in 17 games, gets hit a LOT and every time he does it’s like he’s catching a live grenade. There’s skill there for sure (in f***in spades) but even his decision-making with the puck was too erratic to mesh with the ever-deliberate Krejci.

Also, to call him an addition is disingenuous. He skated all five games the Bruins lasted against the Lightning and did precisely what one feared he might - nothing.

Smith is a real add and a big plus. But I don’t believe the Bruins are appreciably better up front unless he represents some filler to help round out the top six. DeBrusk - Krejci - Kase as your second line gets you one-and-done (optimistically) and that’s not even factoring in what’s required along the left side of the blueline.
Let's not forget how many points Coyle had in his first 21 games with us (6 pts in regular season) while looking pretty good. Kase hasn't even played 21 games with us yet we've written him off even though he's looked good, points aside.

I think as fans we really downplay how much time people take to get acclimated especially coming from the only team they have ever skated for in the NHL.

I'm not even suggesting he's the answer, but is 18 games during a pandemic really a good sample?

Last edited:
Reactions: wintersej

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Well Cam told us that he had to be "brutally honest" with this roster. I guess this is the result of his brutality. Smith and hope that our kids can fit in on defense.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I'm with you here.

Out:
Torey Krug
Joakim Nordstrom

In:

Craig Smith

They’re a whole lot better off than they were heading into last season

out
Heinen
Nordstrom
Backes

in
Kase
Smith
Ritchie

For a team in need of secondary scoring and a youth movement that’s a pretty damn good roster adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->