2020-2021 Roster Discussion II-STAY ON TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

This should work well with keeping Hall’s contract in controll.

Can’t pay Hall more than Pietro and Skinner got 9M on last summers market

8x7y for Hall
Would be a bargain for UFA market.
Tavares 11M, Panarin 11.65M, Skinner 9M Wheeler 8.25M

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

This should work well with keeping Hall’s contract in controll.

Can’t pay Hall more than Pietro and Skinner got 9M on last summers market

8x7y for Hall

No way giving Hall over 5 years

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Because we hate talent that can't play anymore being a block to prospects and a drain on cap space even worse.

“Anymore” is really throwing me off with this post. I get the concern with Hall and injuries so I do understand that point. Obviously committing to him is a cap affect so need to spend wisely. The on ice talent is worth it. The fact he has injury issues is not.

Reactions: Buck Smith

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
“Anymore” is really throwing me off with this post. I get the concern with Hall and injuries so I do understand that point. Obviously committing to him is a cap affect so need to spend wisely. The on ice talent is worth it. The fact he has injury issues is not.

I was speaking in general to guys like Backes and Nash. Hall is not going to take a one year to come to Boston :) He is going to want a contract with good term. He is 28 so in his prime, but how much will he fall off by 35?

Hall is actually an interesting idea for Boston because he gets us back to cup contending next year but by the time his contract gets long in the tooth Boston can afford it because they will be in rebuild.
However, if he has injury issues or does not gel well with the team it becomes Donny's death knell in the front office.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Because we hate talent that can't play anymore being a block to prospects and a drain on cap space even worse.

Don’t know who you are talking of

But sure let’s keep the Kase/Ritchie/Backes/Beleskey theme going and add nothing real

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Don’t know who you are talking of

But sure let’s keep the Kase/Ritchie/Backes/Beleskey theme going and add nothing real

Questioning adding a guy who has red flags(Attitude/chemistry, injuries, consistency, playing defense) for term at high cost is not hating talent. It's risk/cost assessment.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Questioning adding a guy who has red flags(Attitude/chemistry, injuries, consistency, playing defense) for term at high cost is not hating talent. It's risk/cost assessment.

That is a fair take and one I am sure the Bruins would consider if they were to look at making Hall an offer. One thing in favor of the guy aside from his massive talent, is that as of right now, the Bruins have no one in the system that is anywhere close to a Hall level in terms of skill. If you have a term that is really long, that could change if they draft a later round gem or make a trade to get a top tier prospect, but as it stands Hall, at least for the next 2-3 years if not more would not be blocking anyone.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
That is a fair take and one I am sure the Bruins would consider if they were to look at making Hall an offer. One thing in favor of the guy aside from his massive talent, is that as of right now, the Bruins have no one in the system that is anywhere close to a Hall level in terms of skill. If you have a term that is really long, that could change if they draft a later round gem or make a trade to get a top tier prospect, but as it stands Hall, at least for the next 2-3 years if not more would not be blocking anyone.

Your right, he would not be blocking anyone.

But would Hall want to sign with a team at the end of their cup window rather than someone else in the midst? I seriously see Sweeney rebuilding after the next year or two.
Would Hall want to do that?

If Sweeney wants to sign Hall he first has to add to the team enough to prove they are going for it next year seriously. Hall would be much more inclined to sign.

This is ignoring the fact that there are reasons they should not. Especially since two Bruins have played with him and can tell Don the skinny on him.
To me, that alone nixes any deal. But I've seen stranger things happen.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Your right, he would not be blocking anyone.

But would Hall want to sign with a team at the end of their cup window rather than someone else in the midst? I seriously see Sweeney rebuilding after the next year or two.
Would Hall want to do that?

If Sweeney wants to sign Hall he first has to add to the team enough to prove they are going for it next year seriously. Hall would be much more inclined to sign.

This is ignoring the fact that there are reasons they should not. Especially since two Bruins have played with him and can tell Don the skinny on him.
To me, that alone nixes any deal. But I've seen stranger things happen.

I wonder- didn't we hear that John Moore said something about Hall from his NJ days? Well, the Bruins have not been linked by any real source to the guy has he? Or are we just doing an HF thing and speculating about something that isn't even on the team's radar? Unlike you, I don't see a rebuild in the near future at all. Basically Chara is done, whatever he actually ends up doing this season, and outside of him the D corps is young and good. Forward-wise, we are really talking about 2 guys (3 if you count Brad but that guy is not slowing down or showing any sign of it yet) in Krejci and Bergeron. Rask is a separate issue but if he continues playing and the Bruins extend him, goalies have a long shelf-life. He's just 33 now.

All I see them NEEDING in the next 2 years is another center. Hall would have the scoring wing covered for a few seasons. Perhaps an upgrade on LD might be required, too, but that is pretty far from a rebuild scenario.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I wonder- didn't we hear that John Moore said something about Hall from his NJ days? Well, the Bruins have not been linked by any real source to the guy has he? Or are we just doing an HF thing and speculating about something that isn't even on the team's radar? Unlike you, I don't see a rebuild in the near future at all. Basically Chara is done, whatever he actually ends up doing this season, and outside of him the D corps is young and good. Forward-wise, we are really talking about 2 guys (3 if you count Brad but that guy is not slowing down or showing any sign of it yet) in Krejci and Bergeron. Rask is a separate issue but if he continues playing and the Bruins extend him, goalies have a long shelf-life. He's just 33 now.

All I see them NEEDING in the next 2 years is another center. Hall would have the scoring wing covered for a few seasons. Perhaps an upgrade on LD might be required, too, but that is pretty far from a rebuild scenario.

There has been zero connection from Boston to Hall that I am aware of. It's just us fans drooling over this years top UFA candy.
Moore and a former Bruin who played with Hall have both made subtle comments to the media that they had strong opinions on Hall. I can assure you that Sweeney got the whole story from both.
Sweeney probably knows better than anyone here what he would get in Hall.

I think the debate on when a rebuild happens is for another thread but I am concerned about our depth once retirements start piling up. I am not as confident as you are for life after Bergeron and Krejci.

Reactions: Dr Hook

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Forwards drive most of the play in this league. The Bruins need to get better in the middle 6 if they want to get over the hump against Tampa while Bergeron/Marchand/Krejci are still top 6 players. Go hard after trade options or perhaps Taylor Hall.

Grzelcyk should be given a chance with McAvoy on the top pair. That pairing has absolutely dominated possession whenever they've been put together. Finding a decent LD to put next to Carlo on the 2nd pairing (whether it be by trade, free agency, or someone developing internally) is a secondary concern to improving the forward core imo. They have plenty of good options for the 3rd pair, 2nd pairing LD is really the only hole right now.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The more I think about it the more I pass on OEL. My target is AP.

He and MacAvoy would be 1a and 1b

You have to give up assets to take on OEL's bad contract and he is already showing signs of decline.

Meanwhile AP costs nothing but cap hit , he is clearly a leader showing no signs of decline and could certainly fill the Spot Krug vacates.

Then you turn around and trade Carlo for either a 1st round draft pick + or a top 6 winger.

Win, win. Boom!!!

Reactions: bbfan419

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The more I think about it the more I pass on OEL. My target is AP.

He and MacAvoy would be 1a and 1b

You have to give up assets to take on OEL's bad contract and he is already showing signs of decline.

Meanwhile AP costs nothing but cap hit , he is clearly a leader showing no signs of decline and could certainly fill the Spot Krug vacates.

Then you turn around and trade Carlo for either a 1st round draft pick + or a top 6 winger.

Win, win. Boom!!!

AP would be a great signing, but unless he can put 25 goals in the net from the wing, he should not be a priority. Would Carlo net you that guy? Possibly, but Bruins would need to add I'm sure. Here would be my cynical fear: they add AP, and don't end up with the scoring winger they desperately need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->