Prospect Info: 2021-22 Prospect Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Sounds like Frankenstein felt pretty confident in the picks.

Also… it seems like Sakic has very little to do with the draft outside the first round.

Reactions: Barklez

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Sounds like Frankenstein felt pretty confident in the picks.

Also…It seems like Sakic has very little to do with the draft outside the first round i.

Yeah, that's just normal procedure for a GM. They have quite a lot of other stuff on their plate to take up their time. There are probably some exceptions to this, with GM's who came up the ranks from the amateur scouting-side, like for instance Kekäläinen, Dorion and Armstrong.

I'd argue it's not just "outside the first round" either. It's outside the first pick. Like when we had Ottawa's pick and ours at #16, Sakic didn't seem to know much about Newhook either in the short snippet we got to see from that draft video.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Will Kovalenko or Zhuravlyov ever come over?
Kovalenko might in a couple years, but he has to actually start earning a role in Russia first. If he doesn't this year, I think you can start writing him off. Zhura will at some point.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Kovalenko might in a couple years, but he has to actually start earning a role in Russia first. If he doesn't this year, I think you can start writing him off. Zhura will at some point.
I wonder about Zhuravlyov. Would he come over to play in the AHL? Sakic really doesn't seem to like trusting prospects to fill roster spots (and he shouldn't while we're in a contending window). And with Zhura's ceiling probably being a 5/6, he would be a tweener at best on our squad unless we deliberately made room for him in the NHL. Add in our depth at LD and I seriously wonder if he makes sense to come over anytime soon.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Guessing that LA are going to win that tournament in their sleep.

Yeah definitely the favorites, I wonder what sort of lineup we’ll ice:

Foudy-Newhook-Olausson
Ranta-Bowers-Kaut
Beaucage-Buyalsky-Henry
Byram-Barron
Annunen
Miner

Missing a solid couple NCAA players in likely in Ambrosia, Weiss, Helleson and Behrens.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

Foudy-Newhook-Olausson
Ranta-Bowers-Kaut
Beaucage-Buyalsky-Henry
Byram-Barron
Annunen
Miner

Missing a solid couple NCAA players in likely in Ambrosia, Weiss, Helleson and Behrens.
Buyalski is NCAA as well so he likely won't play either.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Don't think any of the Euro guys will be playing, and some of these guys might be considered stretches but this is the best I can come up with:

Newhook-Maltsev-Foudy
Ranta-Wingerli-Kaut
Henry-Bowers-Beaucage

Byram-Barron
Gilbert-Clurman
Middleton

Annunen
Miner

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Foudy-Newhook-Olausson
Ranta-Bowers-Kaut
Beaucage-Buyalsky-Henry
Byram-Barron
Annunen
Miner

Generally guys who are third year pro and have been through camp a few times are spared from rookie camp so that could take out both Kaut and Bowers. Also guys that are expected to be full time NHLers like Byram and possibly Newhook don’t join either. Now a few extra games wouldn’t kill them but there’s value in just skating with the rest of the Avs and not getting hurt by someone trying to be a hero on the other team. Not sure I’d expect Olausson, Euros generally just stay and get ready for the season which starts late Sept. Wingerli I’m sure they’d love to have him go through rookie camp.

LA’s prospect pool is overrated. Barron singlehandedly beat them out of the AHL playoffs haha.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Most of all with the prospect pool I’m hoping to hear rave reviews from Kaut at training camp. Would love to see him force his way onto the roster.

Also… just a random thought on Annunen. I’m not counting him out as a goaltending prospect. It’s not uncommon for goalies to have a bad development year and then come back with a good development year. Looking forward to seeing what he and JoJo can do with the Eagles.

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
About Annunen his team has a bad year with covid and so, look at his teammate Raty who drop to 52 in the draft and a week later in summer showcase was much better than all the first lounder from 2 years.

Reactions: Pokecheque

filip85

Feb 7, 2017

He plays for Kazan this year, which should be harder for him to earn a role than it was in Lokomotiv, as Kazan is better/deeper team, but then again, time will tell.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He plays for Kazan this year, which should be harder for him to earn a role than it was in Lokomotiv, as Kazan is better/deeper team, but then again, time will tell.

Only advantage I think he has is his coach pulled strings to get him there. To me, this is his make or break as a prospect. If he can't carve out a 3rd line role in the KHL, he'll have a really hard time sticking in the NHL... combine that with the money difference between AHL and KHL, so it is NHL or bust. Bust becomes more likely. I hope he can implant himself in the lineup and really make an impact this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad