Prospect Info: 2021-22 Prospect Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He's going to play in the AHL, and we'll see what happens after that. Tons of speed, good skill, but I think even I might be taller than him.

I think he makes the team... with how the bottom 6 looks, he's got a real chance. With his speed and PK openings, he'll get a look.

Reactions: GoNordiquesGo

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Seeing Wingerli on the same line as MacDermid is like

spikechester.jpg

"That's the one who tired to board me, the big ugly one in the stupid knight helmet jersey"

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

Nice little behind-the-scenes look at the draft. Joe was definitely fielding calls about moving around in the first round, but it sounds like Olausson was so high on their board that it made the most sense to just stand pat. Also looked to me that Klippenstein had to kind of sell the Behrens pick to Joe because he didn't look terribly thrilled about it.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway

Nice little behind-the-scenes look at the draft. Joe was definitely fielding calls about moving around in the first round, but it sounds like Olausson was so high on their board that it made the most sense to just stand pat. Also looked to me that Klippenstein had to kind of sell the Behrens pick to Joe because he didn't look terribly thrilled about it.

I think that was more simply informing Joe what kind of player he is. Because the GM doesn't know shit about players from the 2nd round and out, unless it's someone coming up the ranks from the scouting-side, like Dorion, Kekäläinen or Armstrong.

Reactions: The Merchant

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I think that was more simply informing Joe what kind of player he is. Because the GM doesn't know shit about players from the 2nd round and out, unless it's someone coming up the ranks from the scouting-side, like Dorion, Kekäläinen or Armstrong.

Certainly could be. He just didn't look convinced imo, but I'm no body language expert

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

Looks like Klippenstein loved all the picks and got "our guy" with all the picks.

Olausson fell after they had him ranked high.

With 3 picks to go before the Behrens pick Klippenstein said there are three guys they like there so they'll definitely get one of them and that there was a big drop-off after Behrens in their ranking.

Sounded like Buyalski was also their guy and they were happy to get him.

Surprised at how positive Klippenstein was about Taylor Makar but it's encouraging that they at least think he is developing well and is more than just a throw-in.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Looks like Klippenstein loved all the picks and got "our guy" with all the picks.

Olausson fell after they had him ranked high.

With 3 picks to go before the Behrens pick Klippenstein said there are three guys they like there so they'll definitely get one of them and that there was a big drop-off after Behrens in their ranking.

Sounded like Buyalski was also their guy and they were happy to get him.

Surprised at how positive Klippenstein was about Taylor Makar but it's encouraging that they at least think he is developing well and is more than just a throw-in.

Helenius was definitely one of them, I wonder if that was the pick Joe was hoping to make, he seemed a bit annoyed like he missed out when he was being sold on Behrens. We'll never know that 3rd guy though.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Any news on Kovalenko? Dude got hyped af on this board for 2 years and now that he should be close to the NHL he isn't even mentioned anymore?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Any news on Kovalenko? Dude got hyped af on this board for 2 years and now that he should be close to the NHL he isn't even mentioned anymore?
He's signed through 22/23 in the KHL. I still hope he means to try an NHL contract when that's up, but for now he's out of reach.

I guess he's struggled to get minutes on Lokomotiv Yaroslavl, he's been traded to another KHL team so hopefully he can take advantage of a larger role over there. But either way he's not coming over for a little while.

Reactions: Balthazar

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I think he extended his contract in the KHL for another ~2 years so I guess people here just kinda put him on the backburner for a bit. He won't be coming over this offseason anyways.

Reactions: Balthazar

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
That is interesting. Wonder what the trades were they had on the table for the first round.

First draft for Klip and tbh it's gonna be a good one to quickly be able to start judging what kind of direction our drafting is going to head in IMO because it sounds like they got exactly who they wanted for each pick rather then seeing the guys they wanted taken one or two picks ahead of them each time.

Reactions: Richard88

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
So I guess I missed some stuff but we don't own Petr Kvaca's right anymore? Also, I know that Mutala signed an AHL deal with the Eagles but he's not listed on the Avs website as 'in the system'? We only drafted him 2 years ago...what's the deal with that?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
So I guess I missed some stuff but we don't own Petr Kvaca's right anymore? Also, I know that Mutala signed an AHL deal with the Eagles but he's not listed on the Avs website as 'in the system'? We only drafted him 2 years ago...what's the deal with that?

Nope. They don’t.

Mutala wasn’t given a contract when all was said and done, came back on an AHL deal. Same with Burzan apparently.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah, we didn't offer him an ELC, so he re-entered the draft this year. Obviously not picked, so he was a free agent, and the Eagles signed him to an AHL deal. I guess it gives us better odds of upgrading it to an ELC if he develops, but he's technically Eagles property now, not Avs.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Helenius was definitely one of them, I wonder if that was the pick Joe was hoping to make, he seemed a bit annoyed like he missed out when he was being sold on Behrens. We'll never know that 3rd guy though.
Yeah same here. I bet Helenius was one of the other two guys they liked.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I’d love to know if they tried to trade up for Wallstedt. I still think getting him would’ve been the best pick possible.

Reactions: Patagonia and ljb4

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Kovalenko's coach moved on, his minutes dropped and now he plays for the team coached by his old coach from Loko who asked the team to get him.

Reactions: Richard88

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Everyone is imagining things with Joe’s expression as Klip was describing Behrens to him. He’s clearly just distracted by what’s going on on the screen beside him and half listening.

Klip made it clear that the two other guys they were considering at that spot were distant 2nd and 3rd consolation prizes in their eyes. Their guy was Behrens and they got him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad