News Article: 2020 - 2021 NHL, 56 games, Jan.13th target date.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Fantasy goalie, team win projections for 2020-21

Projected G wins:

Greiss 11
Bernier 7

for prespective: Vasi 26w, (no other G above 22) Raanta 5w.
Also Subban & Dellia each w/10W's :laugh:. They'll be lucky to get 7 each.

"Goalie win projections (for 56-game season) have been quantified based on factors including but not limited to past performance in the regular season and Stanley Cup Playoffs, team goalie situations, anticipated start volume, projected goal support (or lack thereof), injury history or concern, sleeper upside, anticipated regression or bounce-back candidacy, age, contract status and overall upside for this season. The below totals are safe win estimates, do not indicate each player's ceiling or floor..."

for fantasy leagues, but wins transcend to real life for this.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
per NHL.com

Dmen pts. projections: Hronek 30pts;

Hronek not ranked in Top 50 D "just missed".

Fantasy defenseman point projections for 2020-21

"Defenseman point projections (for 56-game season) have been quantified based on factors including but not limited to past performance in the regular season and Stanley Cup Playoffs, projected defense pairs, power-play usage, injury history or concern, sleeper upside, anticipated regression or bounce-back candidacy, age, contract status and overall upside for this season. The below totals are safe point estimates, do not indicate each player's ceiling or floor..."

Forwards ranked 1-250: Mantha #89, Larkin #90

Forwards Pts. projections: Mantha -46pts, Larkin-42pts, Bert-35pts

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
upload_2021-1-2_1-0-55.png

Reactions: Winger98

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Ramblings – Thoughts on the Taxi Squad impact, the WJC, camp no-shows and more (Jan 04)

"You will also see a ton of player movement and this could cost you if you're in a daily transaction league. As teams try to maximize cap space, they will be shuffling players back and forth to and from the Taxi Squad and they can do this up until 5pm EST which is often two hours before game time. And because the Taxi Squad players are right there, teams don't need to have an extra player or two around as a precaution in case they are needed. So they will keep the roster lean and trim at 20 players. If an injury happens (or a positive COVID test), then they'll just pull a guy from the Taxi Squad who is already in the building.

Teams who keep the roster lean and trim like this could save upwards of $5 million to $6 million in salary cap space by the trade deadline (which, by the way, is April 12)."

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Ramblings – Thoughts on the Taxi Squad impact, the WJC, camp no-shows and more (Jan 04)

"You will also see a ton of player movement and this could cost you if you're in a daily transaction league. As teams try to maximize cap space, they will be shuffling players back and forth to and from the Taxi Squad and they can do this up until 5pm EST which is often two hours before game time. And because the Taxi Squad players are right there, teams don't need to have an extra player or two around as a precaution in case they are needed. So they will keep the roster lean and trim at 20 players. If an injury happens (or a positive COVID test), then they'll just pull a guy from the Taxi Squad who is already in the building.

Teams who keep the roster lean and trim like this could save upwards of $5 million to $6 million in salary cap space by the trade deadline (which, by the way, is April 12)."

That sounds right, but.... Aren't players on the taxi squad who aren't waiver-exempt treated just as if they are in the AHL? Meaning, they'd be exposed to waivers when they get called up or sent back to the taxi squad? At least every 30 days or whatever that rule is? I thought I remember reading that. If true, that kinda limits the pool of players teams can have on the taxi squad at least. But yeah, way easier to manage the cap.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
That sounds right, but.... Aren't players on the taxi squad who aren't waiver-exempt treated just as if they are in the AHL? Meaning, they'd be exposed to waivers when they get called up or sent back to the taxi squad? At least every 30 days or whatever that rule is? I thought I remember reading that. If true, that kinda limits the pool of players teams can have on the taxi squad at least. But yeah, way easier to manage the cap.

Normal waivers, so yeah, you have to deal with it.

But it helps like two minimum contracts, like 1.5M. In big picture, some teams can operate with "83.5M" cap now, because 1.5-2.0M can be pushed outside.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If Ovi just misses the all time goal mark because of this shortened season, I will be pretty ticked.

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
click on the link in my prior post, they go into further detail iirc.

Reactions: jaster

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
click on the link in my prior post, they go into further detail iirc.

Cool, yeah according to them it's just as I suspected. And like they predict, I predict too that there will be a crazy amount of players on waivers to start the season this year.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If Ovi just misses the all time goal mark because of this shortened season, I will be pretty ticked.

He is the greatest goal scorer in history already as far as I am concerned and I know there are plenty of other people that feel that way.

It would be cool to see him hit that number, but he doesn't need to for me to put him as the GOAT of goal scorers.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
I think he would already be in the ~800G area if it wasn't for the 04-05 lockout and 12-13 shorten season.

Anyway, happy to see the Wings play but also a little nervous to see the Wings play lol

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
True. Wayne would also be 900+, or ~ 920-925 based on a lockout shortened 94-95. He scored 38g the year prior.

There are always factors but for in terms of 80s/early 90s vs. 2000s/10s goal scoring rates, it is crazy to think that Ovy even has a shot at the record. I would take Ovy's 706 over Gretzkys 894 as the more impressive feat/ pure goal scoring ability. I'd be surprised if he doesn't eek out another 100 goals over the next 3 seasons or so, but He needs 5 more 40 goal seasons to get to 894, so I am doubting he does. I think he can play until age 40 if he wants, but losing so much of an earlier age season will hurt his chances. With all that said the 1963 assists thought put Gretz in another realm offensively overall.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
There are always factors but for in terms of 80s/early 90s vs. 2000s/10s goal scoring rates, it is crazy to think that Ovy even has a shot at the record. I would take Ovy's 706 over Gretzkys 894 as the more impressive feat/ pure goal scoring ability. I'd be surprised if he doesn't eek out another 100 goals over the next 3 seasons or so, but He needs 5 more 40 goal seasons to get to 894, so I am doubting he does. I think he can play until age 40 if he wants, but losing so much of an earlier age season will hurt his chances. With all that said the 1963 assists thought put Gretz in another realm offensively overall.
Yep, lots of factors. The DPE (which Mario hated & was opposed to) from 93-99, ~6-7 seasons of Gretz's last 1/3 of career too. But yeah, the free flowing, pond hockey w/o D in the 80's helped everyone's stats.

Modern players have so many other advantages: training equipment & facilities, health research & resources, personal fitness coaches, advanced stats & metrics x10, video review, algorithms, sticks are better, protective gear thicker, stronger/lighter etc., & so much more.

If I were a player, I'd wanna play in the 80's through mid/late 90's. The talent levels, to a man were better.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He is the greatest goal scorer in history already as far as I am concerned and I know there are plenty of other people that feel that way.

It would be cool to see him hit that number, but he doesn't need to for me to put him as the GOAT of goal scorers.

Same for me.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
True. Wayne would also be 900+, or ~ 920-925 based on a lockout shortened 94-95. He scored 38g the year prior.

I don't remember now but Howe's total with WHA included is in the high 900s I believe. I think you have to include Gretzky's Indianapolis season as well at that point, but I don't remember if he then trails Howe.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I don't remember now but Howe's total with WHA included is in the high 900s I believe. I think you have to include Gretzky's Indianapolis season as well at that point, but I don't remember if he then trails Howe.

Gordie
upload_2021-1-4_19-4-3.png

Wayne
upload_2021-1-4_19-4-40.png

combining WHA & NHL:

2967pts/1567gp vs. 2350 pts/2186gp

G-975 goals
W-940 goals

Gordie has the all-time Pro Goals. Jagr is very close to Gordie in pts (including ~300 KHL/Czech league gp)
Gretz most pts. Best G&P/gp

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad