2020-2021 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
The border issue will make things hard to go any other way than a Canadian division though. Unless the players on all Canadian teams agree to play in a bubble in the US which has been refuted big time already from rumors

NSHs main guys got another year older and they didn't really add much did they? Goaltending is still iffy, they will struggle to score again and will have to rely on thay defense again

CBJ lost a fair bit of that deep defense so they banking on the 1-2 year players improving and not stalling/regressing. They missed out on a big ticket item and Domi was a decent add but still think they took a step back, not forward.

We shall see.
Bad English: I meant if Canadian teams are only playing a small segment it’s not fair for other teams to play the rest of the league

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
LeBrun is saying even if the nhl goes with 4 new realigned divisions to start the new season, that's not how it will end. Interesting. So I guess they will go half the year with realigned divisions, and half the year with divisions back to normal? Crazy. Also supposedly, in the thread on the mains, the divisions would look a lot different than other scenarios I've seen discussed. Two 9 team divisions, the Canadian division, and a 6 team pacific division. Top 5 teams from the 9 team divisions make it, top 4 from the other divisions make it. Then there would be 6 wildcard teams, don't know how they would be determined. Another 24 team playoffs. We would be in an expanded Metro division with Tampa, Columbus, Philly, NJ, Rangers, Islanders, Washington, Boston. A tough division but easier than some other scenarios I've seen. No matter how they re-align, there are going to be a lot of complaints.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002

Wooof...looks like Strome will get at least $4 mil or more. Likely comes in around $4.5 mil per.
That's a crazy ask by him at $5.7 mil

His 59 points this season was on par with Schenn ($6.5M), Nylander ($7M), and Hoffman. And he was a +21 despite being questionable defensively. Not a crazy ask at all, although few teams would bet on him being worth that much going forward.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Great season and if a one year deal, it’s fair. Both sides going extreme

If around $4 mil then sure.

His 59 points this season was on par with Schenn ($6.5M), Nylander ($7M), and Hoffman. And he was a +21 despite being questionable defensively. Not a crazy ask at all, although few teams would bet on him being worth that much going forward.

Those other guys had more consistency to their game though.
A lot of people feel he had a great year riding Panarins coat tails.

Reactions: harv33173

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
On the other hand, Panarin saw a significant bump in his own stats as well. Chicken and egg situation of sorts, if you ask Strome's agent.

Ya good point, I'd just be a little wary of giving anything more than a one year deal near $5mil per for Strome until he does that in back to back years

Reactions: Pigge

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002

Solid cap hit but this walks him straight to free agency no?

Now they gonna need at least $6 mil for Barzal if not more?

They will have to get creative. Both Boychuk and Ladd have a lot of signing bonus left on their contracts, so buying them out wouldn't save a lot of cap space. And all other players would be painful to lose. Someone will take advantage of their tough spot. Probably not the Panthers though, right?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
They will have to get creative. Both Boychuk and Ladd have a lot of signing bonus left on their contracts, so buying them out wouldn't save a lot of cap space. And all other players would be painful to lose. Someone will take advantage of their tough spot. Probably not the Panthers though, right?

Wouldn't be surprised if Boychuk suffers "headaches/concussion issues" and they LTIR and he comes back for the playoff run after trade deadline.

Maybe TB does the same with Stamkos as well?

Just saying that's an option if they can't find teams to take on their cap dumps.
Will be interesting to see.

Man oh man would Zito be a God though if he could snag Barzal with an offer sheet.

Barkov, Barzal, Lundell would be a deadly trio for years to come, assuming Barkov re-signs.

Brian Burke was saying Barzal may be wanting something similar to the Aho deal though so that's a ton of compensation but would be worth it if FLA was going all in, which they should within the next year or two.

Reactions: harv33173

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Wouldn't be surprised if Boychuk suffers "headaches/concussion issues" and they LTIR and he comes back for the playoff run after trade deadline.

Maybe TB does the same with Stamkos as well?

Just saying that's an option if they can't find teams to take on their cap dumps.
Will be interesting to see.

Man oh man would Zito be a God though if he could snag Barzal with an offer sheet.

Barkov, Barzal, Lundell would be a deadly trio for years to come, assuming Barkov re-signs.

Brian Burke was saying Barzal may be wanting something similar to the Aho deal though so that's a ton of compensation but would be worth it if FLA was going all in, which they should within the next year or two.
Barzal would be worth it.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'd have to start at least a month in advance to make it and even then I'd have to dye it lol.

Just draw one on :laugh:

20201105_181904.jpg
tag-matte-with-the-beard.jpg

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Didn't know where to put this...The Athletic had a fan survey on front office confidence. Obviously we were low on the list, that's not a surprise. What was a surprise to me was how little response there was... only 39 responses for Florida which is sad. Every other team had over 100 responses, that includes Arizona, and 22 teams with over 250 responses. It's always hard to gauge fan interest in a team, but that's a sad response rate.

Really tells you how this team needs success soon or the franchise is in big trouble.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Didn't know where to put this...The Athletic had a fan survey on front office confidence. Obviously we were low on the list, that's not a surprise. What was a surprise to me was how little response there was... only 39 responses for Florida which is sad. Every other team had over 100 responses, that includes Arizona, and 22 teams with over 250 responses. It's always hard to gauge fan interest in a team, but that's a sad response rate.

Really tells you how this team needs success soon or the franchise is in big trouble.
Was it for Athletic subscribers though? Because many cancelled after GR was let go and I don't think they have replaced him.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Was it for Athletic subscribers though? Because many cancelled after GR was let go and I don't think they have replaced him.
Yeah, they don't even pretend to cover the team, so why the hell would any Panthers fans even respond. It should have been lower than 39.

Reactions: violaswallet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->