OT: 2020-2021 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
I heard Motzko on the radio the other day complaining about the East Coast bias in the tournament scheduling. I think there is some truth to his complaints about how the UM was scheduled.

I wonder if the UM people aren't mad they didn't bring in Sandelin instead of Motzko? Sandelin has done a lot more than Motzko ever did in SCSU. I guess maybe Sandelin was happy to be at UMD or his contract was already situated.
If Sandelin would go anywhere it would of been back to UND. He was being looked at by a few nhl teams but he said no thank you. He’s happy where he’s at. Now if he three peats the offers he receives may be to good to resist

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I heard Motzko on the radio the other day complaining about the East Coast bias in the tournament scheduling. I think there is some truth to his complaints about how the UM was scheduled.

I wonder if the UM people aren't mad they didn't bring in Sandelin instead of Motzko? Sandelin has done a lot more than Motzko ever did in SCSU. I guess maybe Sandelin was happy to be at UMD or his contract was already situated.
I think Minnesota is just fine with Motzko.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Sandelin would be crazy to leave Duluth.
Why would he leave? Even to the NHL?
I think my point still remains. It’s not like SCSU was bad under Motzko and it took till year 2 at Minnesota to be a top 5 regular season team, win a conference playoff title, and get a pretty well earned #1 seed in the tournament.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Congrats <insert MN team here> on the championship!

That sucks. March Madness only had a single game affected (cancelled) by Covid, outside of a few outlier players that had to miss a game. It was in the first round though, not the F4.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Congrats <insert MN team here> on the championship!

That sucks. March Madness only had a single game affected (cancelled) by Covid, outside of a few outlier players that had to miss a game. It was in the first round though, not the F4.
I wonder if they had different protocols. Hard to believe that a game that is played in such close quarters as hoops wouldn't have more spread.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I wonder if they had different protocols. Hard to believe that a game that is played in such close quarters as hoops wouldn't have more spread.
Each team stayed in Indianapolis for as long as they remained in the tournament, so there was practically no travel. I don't know how strict they were with the teams in hotels throughout the three-week span. At least they were probably minimally exposed to other people outside of those involved with the tourney. I doubt the hockey tourney protocols involved anything like that, but I don't know for sure.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Each team stayed in Indianapolis for as long as they remained in the tournament, so there was practically no travel. I don't know how strict they were with the teams in hotels throughout the three-week span. At least they were probably minimally exposed to other people outside of those involved with the tourney. I doubt the hockey tourney protocols involved anything like that, but I don't know for sure.
Ah, makes sense. Maybe they had something like the NHL bubble last playoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad