Apr 20, 2017
Denver
1. Kirill Kaprizov, W - 74.6%
2. Marco Rossi, C - 100%
3. Matthew Boldy, LW - 83.1%
4. Calen Addison, D - 50.9%
5. Adam Beckman, LW - 43.1%

+ Sam Hentges, C

Only players who are eligible for the 2021 Calder trophy. Calder eligibility is defined as:

- No older than 26 years old as of September 15th, 2020
- Has not played in more than 25 games in one season or more than 6 games in two consecutive seasons

The poll will be open for 24 hours.

Don't forget to nominate who goes on next!

Below are the list of eligible players:

William Bitten, C/RW
Mitchell Chaffee, RW
Connor Dewar, C/LW
Brandon Duhaime, W
Damien Giroux, C
Fedor Gordeev, D
Matvei Guskov, C
Daemon Hunt, D
Filip Johansson, D
Simon Johansson, D
Luke Johnson, C
Jack McBain, C
Dakota Mermis, D
Bryce Misley, C
Nikita Nesterenko, C
Pavel Novak, W
Mason Shaw, C
Dmitri Sokolov, W
Andrei Svetlakov, C
Nick Swaney, RW
Marshall Warren, D
Dereck Baribeau, G
Filip Lindberg, G

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's between ROR and Khovanov, for me. The latter's start in the KHL has been worrying, but it could just be a bad fit. i thought he looked good in the WJC's against his most talented peers, and obviously had an excellent year in the Q.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Menell for me too. Dominated the AHL and now the KHL. He’s the best bet to be a Top 4 D/Top 6 F of all the guys above and I don’t think either of the goalies has done enough yet.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
There is no doubt that Menell has done everything that has been asked of him at lower levels. The question is whether he is the next Spurgeon, or the next Mayhew. He also has a lot of competition at RHD with Belpedio, who probably a better defender and more robust, and Addison, who might have higher offensive potential. He might have jumped the gun going to the KHL. If Pateryn can't play, and Dumba is traded, then he would've had a shot in the NHL, I think. Maybe he felt that he was out of favor with the team, or that they preferred Some other options at RD?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
There is no doubt that Menell has done everything that has been asked of him at lower levels. The question is whether he is the next Spurgeon, or the next Mayhew. He also has a lot of competition at RHD with Belpedio, who probably a better defender and more robust, and Addison, who might have higher offensive potential. He might have jumped the gun going to the KHL. If Pateryn can't play, and Dumba is traded, then he would've had a shot in the NHL, I think. Maybe he felt that he was out of favor with the team, or that they preferred Some other options at RD?

The AHL season, and NHL for that matter, aren't guaranteed to happen. Guy wanted to get paid to play hockey in some capacity this year.

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
I know the prospect pool in 2012 was supposed to be great but ended up just being good.

Even with that pool's potential has the Wild prospect pool ever been this deep?

AND

This next draft we are looking at at least two first rounders without a Dumba or Bones trade.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
I know the prospect pool in 2012 was supposed to be great but ended up just being good.

Even with that pool's potential has the Wild prospect pool ever been this deep?

AND

This next draft we are looking at at least two first rounders without a Dumba or Bones trade.

People are going to have pretty widely varied opinions on which pool is better, but I think we can generally get consensus that Rossi=Granlund as prospects. Beyond that, I'm not sure. Who's our equivalent to 2012 Coyle? Zucker? Brodin? Does Kaprizov even count as a prospect at his age?

I'll say Khovanov=Zack Phillips but beyond that I'm not sure of anything. Is Kahkonnen a better prospect than Kuemper? Not sure who Beckman would compare to. At that time I recall people saying Johan Larsson was a future 2C, do we think Khusnutdinov could end up having a similar impact if things don't pan out perfectly?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

The 2012 wasn't even good. It was mediocre, and was one of the biggest reasons why Minnesota was mired in mediocrity at the time.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
The 2012 wasn't even good. It was mediocre, and was one of the biggest reasons why Minnesota was mired in mediocrity at the time.
eh it lead to 6 straight playoffs which was i believe the 3rd longest active streak in the NHL at the time. Honestly some years were derailed by injuries and some years the Wild run into a hot goalie (allen) or a cup contender in Chicago.

I think there are plenty of team in the NHL that would've travelled back in time to trade prospect pools even if they got information of how the Wild preformed for the next 8 seasons. I think if the team would've gotten one top centre there is a real shot that they could've made it to the finals at least once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->