8. Alexander Khovanov, C - 35.3%
9. Brennan Menell, D - 48.9%
10. Ryan O'Rourke, D - 75.5%
11. Vladislav Firstov, LW - 62.5%
12. Hunter Jones, G - 54.3%
13. Nico Sturm, C - 56.8%
14. Daemon Hunt, D - 55.9%

+ Nick Swaney, RW

Only players who are eligible for the 2021 Calder trophy. Calder eligibility is defined as:

- No older than 26 years old as of September 15th, 2020
- Has not played in more than 25 games in one season or more than 6 games in two consecutive seasons

The poll will be open for 24 hours.

Thanks everyone for their vote through this, glad to wrap it up!

P10p

May 15, 2012
Such shiny new toy syndrome. Dewar is a great prospect, still young, just had a solid pro debut and plays a pro style game.

Mason shaw has a chance to be a great playmaker. Has great vision and was a great skater prior to knee injury. If he can still skate he may be a dark horse for us. Hes been forgotten about this past year.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Such shiny new toy syndrome. Dewar is a great prospect, still young, just had a solid pro debut and plays a pro style game.

Mason shaw has a chance to be a great playmaker. Has great vision and was a great skater prior to knee injury. If he can still skate he may be a dark horse for us. Hes been forgotten about this past year.

Dewar is an ok prospect. He had a pretty comparable first pro season to Will Bitten's. Actually, looking at it now, it was a much worse rookie season, but they had comparable years last year (Bitten took a bit of a step back. Probably had a smaller role than the year before.) In any case, I think he and Bitten are pretty darned comparable as far as level of prospect. It may be that Dewar ends up the best of the bunch, but we're down to #15. Probably none of these remaining prospects will really pan out. One or two may, but the odds are against most of the remaining guys.

Shaw could have been a really good prospect, but I very seriously question his ability to overcome the lack of development he's had due to injuries. In the past 3 years he's played 94 games. Last year was COVID shortened, but it was also injury shortened already for Shaw.

I voted Hentges not because he's a better player than everyone else, for sure, but because he showed offense last season at the NCAA level, so may still have upside that other guys on the list don't. I don't expect much of any of the guys we're voting for today.

Reactions: P10p

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I lump Shaw, Lodnia, and Dewar in the same group. Upside is Mayhew, IMO. Size, strength, and health limits them. Giroux might be similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad