• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
As I tell my youngest, a wannabe HS athlete, "You're fine for a normal person. A healthy, lean, muscular, 165 lbs. If you want to achieve as an athlete, though, you have to get serious and get up to 180(he is 6'1")."

He eats like a horse, but it still all disappears. New plan is for him to eat like a Rhinoceros.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
As I tell my youngest, a wannabe HS athlete, "You're fine for a normal person. A healthy, lean, muscular, 165 lbs. If you want to achieve as an athlete, though, you have to get serious and get up to 180(he is 6'1")."

He eats like a horse, but it still all disappears. New plan is for him to eat like a Rhinoceros.
Doesn't take long to lose it with that kind of metabolism either. I was never able to get above 190 at 6'5" (and carrying a little more fat than I would've liked at that weight) and then hurt my back last year and lost 25 lbs in the space of like a month just from being sedentary. Still haven't been able to put it back on.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
That's correct.

Wild have to offer, player has to decline. Which will likely not happen. Chalk it up to a wasted 1st round pick.

They just have to offer an ELC. Doesn't have to be a good one.

They can offer league minimum NHL and AHL salary, with no signing bonuses and he is likely to decline because he makes more in the SEL, and he's likely to get a better offer as a UFA.

To us, barring a drastic improvement in stock this season, the 2nd is more valuable. There are probably a number of teams willing to give him an ELC with some signing bonuses as an unsigned UFA.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
They just have to offer an ELC. Doesn't have to be a good one.

They can offer league minimum NHL and AHL salary, with no signing bonuses and he is likely to decline because he makes more in the SEL, and he's likely to get a better offer as a UFA.

To us, barring a drastic improvement in stock this season, the 2nd is more valuable. There are probably a number of teams willing to give him an ELC with some signing bonuses as an unsigned UFA.
maybe if he cares about the money, however he might have a chip on his shoulder and decide to sign because he wants to prove that he is a NHLer.

It would be peak Minnesota to offer a crummy ELC expecting him to turn it down only for him to sign it. However, I'm still cheering for the kid. I know he had a lot of pressure thrown on him since our former GM decided to reach by a few rounds. Not his fault he was drafted so early.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
maybe if he cares about the money, however he might have a chip on his shoulder and decide to sign because he wants to prove that he is a NHLer.

It would be peak Minnesota to offer a crummy ELC expecting him to turn it down only for him to sign it. However, I'm still cheering for the kid. I know he had a lot of pressure thrown on him since our former GM decided to reach by a few rounds. Not his fault he was drafted so early.
If he wants to come to Iowa and and make peanuts(relatively speaking) and try earn his way, power to him.

Any agent worth their salt is going to realize it's better to seek options as a UFA or stay in the SEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->