5. Adam Beckman, LW - 43.1%
6. Kaapo Kahkonen, G - 39%
7. Marat Khusnutdinov, C - 28%
8. Alexander Khovanov, C - 35.3%
9. Brennan Menell, D - 48.9%
10. Ryan O'Rourke, D - 75.5%
11. Vladislav Firstov, LW - 62.5%

+ Mason Shaw, C

Only players who are eligible for the 2021 Calder trophy. Calder eligibility is defined as:

- No older than 26 years old as of September 15th, 2020
- Has not played in more than 25 games in one season or more than 6 games in two consecutive seasons

The poll will be open for 24 hours.

Don't forget to nominate who goes on next!

Below are the list of eligible players:

William Bitten, C/RW
Mitchell Chaffee, RW
Brandon Duhaime, W
Damien Giroux, C
Fedor Gordeev, D
Matvei Guskov, C
Luke Johnson, C
Jack McBain, C
Dakota Mermis, D
Bryce Misley, C
Nikita Nesterenko, C
Dmitri Sokolov, W
Andrei Svetlakov, C
Nick Swaney, RW
Marshall Warren, D
Dereck Baribeau, G
Filip Lindberg, G

P10p

May 15, 2012
Gotta be Jones for me. Dewar next imo, was solid as a rookie pro and plays a nhl game. Needs some time but he is a great prospect.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Jones, then Sturm, then don’t really care unless someone has a breakout season.

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
Hunter Jones getting owned by the whole being ranked with skaters thing.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I went with Sturm. Of all the remaining prospects, he's the most likely to have an NHL career. He may not have the ceiling of some of the remaining prospects, but his floor is the highest.

Add Warren.

Reactions: grN1g and HotDish

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I went with Sturm. Of all the remaining prospects, he's the most likely to have an NHL career. He may not have the ceiling of some of the remaining prospects, but his floor is the highest.

Add Warren.
I think this is where alot of us may differ on opinion for ranks. Do you rank the low ceiling likely nhlers over a young higher potential prospect but might be more likely to bust?

Really can't go wrong at this point.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
poor FJ, just dropping like a rock.
I mean when russo is starting to speculate if we will just let him go to get a comp pick and you aren't lighting it up that'll happen.

I could see him ending up actually being a nhler though, especially if we do that to him. Just perfect situation to Wild us.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Thanks for doing this @Minnesnota . It's interesting to see the major differences from even a year ago, when players like Sokolov were still well thought of. Remember how excited we were when he had a 50 goal season in the OHL.

Reactions: grN1g

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Thanks for doing this @Minnesnota . It's interesting to see the major differences from even a year ago, when players like Sokolov were still well thought of. Remember how excited we were when he had a 50 goal season in the OHL.

But wasn't there always a question mark hanging over Sokolov regarding poor conditioning and maybe a few other things? This is what has me concerned about Khovanov as well.

Reactions: HotDish

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
There are always questions about every prospect. Rossi has size and skating questions.

Sokolov looked to be a good enough skater to me, and was able to score 50, which is a huge thing. I think he just isn't able to adapt very well when moving up in level...maybe wasn't the most coachable, or smart? Don't know, TBH. He has the size, shot, and can find the net, but there is something about his game that coaches don't like, because he doesn't get playing time.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I mean when russo is starting to speculate if we will just let him go to get a comp pick and you aren't lighting it up that'll happen.

I could see him ending up actually being a nhler though, especially if we do that to him. Just perfect situation to Wild us.
I could totally be wrong on this since I feel like I have heard mixed messages on this, but I heard the Wild can only get the comp pick if neither side can agree on an ELC contract. Pretty much the Wild need to offer one and FJ refuses to sign it.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Reactions: 57special

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
There are always questions about every prospect. Rossi has size and skating questions.

Sokolov looked to be a good enough skater to me, and was able to score 50, which is a huge thing. I think he just isn't able to adapt very well when moving up in level...maybe wasn't the most coachable, or smart? Don't know, TBH. He has the size, shot, and can find the net, but there is something about his game that coaches don't like, because he doesn't get playing time.
Sokolov issue is his fitness and commitment to defense. In Russo's talked a little bit about Sokolov in his Khovanov story about the fear of Hovy trending to being the next Sokolov since Khovanov's nickname in juniors was hamburger and needing a strict diet plan.

Reactions: MuckOG

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I could totally be wrong on this since I feel like I have heard mixed messages on this, but I heard the Wild can only get the comp pick if neither side can agree on an ELC contract. Pretty much the Wild need to offer one and FJ refuses to sign it.

I hope I'm wrong though.

That's how I interpret it too. The player has to decline.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's funny, because both my sons are athletes(HS and college), and their big challenge is putting on weight.

Reactions: HotDish

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
After looking into who might be next I'm voting for Daemon Hunt in the poll after this. He'll be a lot higher up the rankings within a year.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
It's funny, because both my sons are athletes(HS and college), and their big challenge is putting on weight.

Which is pretty typical for young athletes because they should have a fairly high metabolism combined with being physically active in their sports. This is why Khovanov and Sokolov before him should be raising red flags. If they can't control their weight now, its only going to get more difficult as they grow older and their metabolism slows even further.

I'm generalizing, of course, but it's enough to be concerning for me when it comes to these two prospects. It may be too late for Sokolov, but Khovanov can still turn it around by improving his fitness and nutrition. The clock is ticking, though.

Last edited:

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014

I'm 28 and still have that problem. Nobody ever really talks about this but it's seriously tough for some people. If only they made one weight gain pill for the 8 billion weight loss pills =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad