Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Only players who are eligible for the 2021 Calder trophy. Calder eligibility is defined as:

- No older than 26 years old as of September 15th, 2020
- Has not played in more than 25 games in one season or more than 6 games in two consecutive seasons

We'll do this until we've filled a top 15. I don't think it makes sense to go beyond that. Using my own judgement for the first 10.

The poll will be open for 24 hours.

Don't forget to nominate who goes on next!

Below are the list of eligible players:

William Bitten, D
Mitchell Chaffee, RW
Connor Dewar, C/LW
Brandon Duhaime, W
Vladislav Firstov, LW
Damien Giroux, C
Fedor Gordeev, D
Matvei Guskov, C
Sam Hentges, C
Daemon Hunt, D
Filip Johansson, D
Simon Johansson, D
Luke Johnson, C
Ivan Lodnia, RW
Jack McBain, C
Dakota Mermis, D
Bryce Misley, C
Nikita Nesterenko, C
Pavel Novak, W
Ryan O'Rourke, D
Mason Shaw, C
Dmitri Sokolov, W
Nico Sturm, C
Andrei Svetlakov, C
Nick Swaney, RW
Marshall Warren, D
Dereck Baribeau, G
Filip Lindberg, G

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Kap easy for #1. High ceiling, most NHL ready, high floor at this point... very unlikely to completely bust out of the league.

Add ROR

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Kaprizov gets my vote. I just think he has the highest impact on the team. I think there is a real shot of him getting 20+ goals in his first season if it was an 82 game season.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I think probably Kaprizov just based on that he's about to enter the NHL with a seemingly high floor. Feel like the ceiling could be higher for Rossi, but he's further away. Kappy it is.

Reactions: TaLoN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I guess I don't clearly understand the question. I think it's far from a sure thing that Kaprizov ends up having the best career of all our prospects. It is a sure thing that he is the prospect who will have the biggest impact next season, though.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I guess I don't clearly understand the question. I think it's far from a sure thing that Kaprizov ends up having the best career of all our prospects. It is a sure thing that he is the prospect who will have the biggest impact next season, though.
I think it is up to everyone own criteria when it comes to ranking prospects.

some people view positional need as a value while other view it in a vacuum where need isn’t as huge.

some may view NHL readiness as a huge value as other do not

some view the potential of career and others view as how good will they be next season.

pretty much no wrong answer in my eyes.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
How long have we been waiting on the best 5th rounder in Wild history ... 5 years?

I expect immediate impact. Rossi is a distant second for me in this race: boy vs. man.

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
I don't think position should matter at all. Because some teams need winger prospects more than center prospects right now.

I love the idea of Rossi. But if we didn't draft him would we really have a 10 votes for him being better than Kaprizov?

I think right now Kaprizov is our number one prospect. The main factor in my head is experience and age.

Rossi may end up being better.

Talent wise it sounds like Rossi has the higher floor while Kaprizov has the higher ceiling.

I'm happy to have both.

I think the interesting question is who is ranked third?

I'd say

Boldy 3
Addison 4
Beckman 5 (a strong 5 with potential to be number 2)
Mennell 6
Nuts 7
Khovanov 8

I really like our prospect pool and I think 3-8 is really interchangeable. Only reason I put Khovy at 8 is due to him getting kek'd in the KHL. I would have had him at 2/3 ) last season at the start.

Wild are going to be an exciting team with cap space coming up here and I still believe the team thats going to finally bring another championship home is going to be our hockey team. MAYBE the Twins if they can get out of the first round.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It's the same thing we rank every year in the offseason. How is this ranking any different than every other year we've done these rankings?

However you personally feel about them based on your own criteria, go ahead and vote.

Reactions: WILDTATE10

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think it is up to everyone own criteria when it comes to ranking prospects.

some people view positional need as a value while other view it in a vacuum where need isn’t as huge.

some may view NHL readiness as a huge value as other do not

some view the potential of career and others view as how good will they be next season.

pretty much no wrong answer in my eyes.

I try think of it as if I was forced to make a decision about trading vs. keeping, right here right now, who would I choose? I trade Boldy before I trade Kaprizov; I trade Kaprizov before I trade Rossi, etc...

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I try think of it as if I was forced to make a decision about trading vs. keeping, right here right now, who would I choose? I trade Boldy before I trade Kaprizov; I trade Kaprizov before I trade Rossi, etc...

How much of that is position bias though?

I voted Kaprizov, due to similar ceiling and at this point higher floor in my opinion.

But if using the forced to trade method, I would for sure trade Kaprizov before Rossi due to positional need.

I don't personally think that means Rossi is the better prospect.

Reactions: TaLoN

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I voted Kaprizov, due to similar ceiling and at this point higher floor in my opinion.

But if using the forced to trade method, I would for sure trade Kaprizov before Rossi due to positional need.

Some. I think it factors in. If both guys have relatively the same ceiling (let's say ~70 point top liners), then I don't think it's out of line to value the center over the wing, or the 19 year old over the 23 year old. The floor can be a part of it too; I just don't place a ton of emphasis on it. Everything factors in, but that's just my method.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Yeah, I vote based on who is the most likely to have a better career.

Rossi may have a high ceiling himself like Kap has, but at this point he has a far lower floor than Kap, which means Kap is more "likely" to have the better career due to much lower bust potential at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad