2020-2021 Laval Rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I would think Vejdemo would be the 3rd line center with Lynch and Vigneault fighting it out for the 4th line role.

So just a question of who the top 2 centers will though, Weal if he's sent down for cap reasons should be one I would think.

I see Blandisi, Dauphin, Hillis and Vigneault.

If Weal goes down, I see Weal, Blandisi, Dauphin, Vigneault unless they put Weal on the wings to bolster the first line.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
No surprise, he didn't do enough in Finland to tell the brass he's NHL competitor.

Hillis, Poehling, Ylonen, Fleury, Juulsen will be the guys to follow in the AHL this season.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'd have to see it... a slow junior skater who misses an entire year of development + due to a knee injury.
A terrible knee injury too, both MCL and ACL. His knee basically imploded. Good luck coming back from that with 100% of the mobility he had . It's possible but these are long odds indeed.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
A terrible knee injury too, both MCL and ACL. His knee basically imploded. Good luck coming back from that with 100% of the mobility he had . It's possible but these are long odds indeed.

True. But he has had ample time to really get back to form. He was apparently ready to return in March but the AHL season was shut down. So he's actually had about a whole extra year to prep.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
definitely uphill battle for JT. Ylonen has skills but has yet to show any kind of production or any real progression. None that I heard of anyways

we'll see how he does in Laval, that's the real test. He's a goal scorer first and foremost, last year his team wasn't very good but he was 2nd on the team in goals. This year he's been mostly 3rd line as he's currently 16th on the team in TOI, but only 2 players have more goals and he's 2nd on the team in shots. It's odd as this years team is pretty good and 4th in the league in goals yet no one has more then 7 goals in 21 while many are tied with Ylonen's 5. Then you have to look at his terrible start where he had 1 pt in 9 games and since has 6 pts in the last 12 games including 3 in the last 4 despite playing only 2 of those games in the month of December.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Pretty sure they will do this with Guhle. As for Mysak, my guess is if the OHL isn't back or is delayed even more, he will remain in the Czech Republic with Litvinov.

It would be a good opportunity for the kid for sure. Only as long as they can guarantee him regular minutes though, just being around the team wouldn't be enough. An 18 year old needs to play and get actual game situation reps. As for Mysak, he's lucky enough to be with a pro team already so he's fine whatever happens.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
eliteprospects has Pascal Aquin being loaned to the Jacksonville Icemen of the ECHL (McNiven played there last year for a minute)

Makes sense. I think MB had mentioned not long ago that they were negotiating with Jacksonville and Wheeling to send players there this year.

It's also confirmed on the ECHL's transaction page:

Transactions.png

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
we hopefully should be hearing something soon on when camp will start since the season is less then 30 days away. The whole taxi squad makes things difficult when trying to build lines but with 3 players released, the lineup is starting to come into focus.

taxi - lindgren, ouellet, weal, frolik, perry, belzile

Poehling Blandisi Ylonen
Veilleux Dauphin Hillis
Lucchini Vejdemo Lynch
Teasdale Vigneault Baddock
Khisamutdinov Pezzetta Hawel

ECHL - Verbeek, RHP

Olofsson Brook
Leskinen Juulsen
Schueneman Fleury
Bisson Halbert

Primeau
McNiven/Demchenko

the 4th line Baddock likely won't play every game so you can get Khisamutdinov and Hawel some games.

Hillis I just don't know where they plan to play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad