2020-2021 Laval Rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Yea, they moved up a game against Belleville that was scheduled in May. They put it on the 21st.

That is a week from now. It is still curious if Habs choose to keep Caufield down regardless of the small layoff or if they will bring him with them on this upcoming road trip. Or even earlier with the games they have this week.
I still think it's too soon. I shudder to think of Lucic hammering the kid.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
* Weal has been producing at the AHL level like he should. Nice to see.

* Poehling is looking solid in his 2nd year.

* Primeau just keeps moving along like expected. AHL stats after 47 games are impressive. NHL stats after 2 games are even more impressive.

* Teasdale is off to a great start after his injury season as a first time pro last year.

Certainly nice to see our farm team creating winning culture for a change! It's been a while! Since Price was in the AHL?

bonneaug

Aug 2, 2017
I'm sad tonight's game is postponed, was looking forward it. I love watching the Rocket this year, a winning club... Them and Caufield :D

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Figures they wouldn't have playoffs the year that Laval is finally stacked. If healthy, they would have an excellent chance. And I'm not measuring that against the crappy competition they've had this year either.
I honestly dont fully understand why there's no Calder Cup playoffs. You could easily host a bubble and Im sure some NHL teams would help fund it since it gives their prospects valuable experience. It just seems shortsighted to go through the hassle amd logistics of having a season, just to not have playoffs.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

So the good news is that for Wednesday's game, Belzile, Vejdemo, Mysak, and Ylonen could all return. If not all of them, at least some of them will be back.

Fleury and Baddock have yet to practice so they're not ready to return.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

So according to Marcotte, Laval may end up playing more games this week. They were set to play on Wednesday and then again on the 30th. But word is Laval may end up finishing their series against Belleville instead of waiting. Nothing confirmed yet.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Can they get Caufield back for those games ? I'd sure rather have him with the Rocket and it's not like the Habs are playing him anyway.

I am curious to know if being flown by private jet to meet Laval in Ottawa counts as exiting the bubble. Because he doesn't go through the public airports and thus he is kept isolated throughout. Unless they consider the driver that drives him to the private jet and the pilots who fly that plane are considered outsiders and thus count as "exiting" the bubble.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I am curious to know if being flown by private jet to meet Laval in Ottawa counts as exiting the bubble. Because he doesn't go through the public airports and thus he is kept isolated throughout. Unless they consider the driver that drives him to the private jet and the pilots who fly that plane are considered outsiders and thus count as "exiting" the bubble.
How was Mete able to play so soon with Ottawa? Wouldn't Caufield be able to do the same with Laval?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How was Mete able to play so soon with Ottawa? Wouldn't Caufield be able to do the same with Laval?

Mete drove to Ottawa from Montreal by himself, not feasible for Caufield

Lindgren has been called up to join the Habs' taxi squad. The Habs confirmed that he will not require to quarantine since he's flying to Edmonton via private jet.

I think they should do it for Caufield.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Lindgren has been called up to join the Habs' taxi squad. The Habs confirmed that he will not require to quarantine since he's flying to Edmonton via private jet.

They should. But will they? I’d be surprised if they do it.

Sucks as a fan though, I much rather watch Caufield tear it up in the AHL than watch this edition of the Habs.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They should. But will they? I’d be surprised if they do it.

Sucks as a fan though, I much rather watch Caufield tear it up in the AHL than watch this edition of the Habs.

I just want to watch Caufield play. I don't care if it's in Montreal or in Laval. If they get him into the line-up tonight or in Calgary, I'm good with that.

Calling him up to have him sit because of the recall rule and cap crunch does no one any good, particularly Caufield. Yes, he gets to practice with the NHL'ers, but they need to give him more than that.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site

If they are, I dont think there's enough time for tonight.

Actually, I forgot it's in Ottawa, not Belleville. So there would be time.

ngc_5128

Sep 24, 2002

They flew Lindgren in because they had no choice. The rules stipulate that you must have a 3rd goalie on the taxi squad.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They flew Lindgren in because they had no choice. The rules stipulate that you must have a 3rd goalie on the taxi squad.

I know that. The point is that they can fly Lindgren private without requiring a quarantine. They can do that for Caufield to get some games in with Laval this week.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Nice to see Poehling leading Laval in goals now with 10.

Not something I expected to see this year, though Belzile playing only 12 games, he led the team in goals in his only full season in Laval and Veilleux has a higher goals per game as he's got 2 less goals but in 8 less games.

What's great to see is not just Poehling at the top but after the next 2 which are vets, you have Ylonen, Teasdale, RHP and Vejdemo all next up with 7 for all but Vejdemo with 6. And of course Caufield has 3 in 2 games so if he were to keep playing here it would have been interesting to see how many he could have gotten.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Hillis will draw in for Mysak.

Bouchard explained the reason Hillis hasn't played much is his injuries in the last few years combined with an adjustment to the pro game is why he hasn't used him much.

Bouchard also said that he's seen the kid's progression and feels like he's already improving.

That's fine, just wish he would have said this earlier in the season lmao

Reactions: Sagikev
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad