2020-2021 Laval Rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Europe could remain an option if he gets the playing time, since we dont have to sign him before June 2023.

For sure, if he goes to TR, it would be on an AHL or ECHL deal. Would keep him closer to goalie coach we trust (Burke, Marciano, Riendeau and whoever is goalie coach for TR). Not sure of the quality of goaltending coach he gets in Norway.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
First time I hear about that, can't find anything about it on the web either.

There is only 1 player in the QMJHL or WHL born in 2000 that is from the Import Draft, Vladislav Kotkov with Saint John.

maybe it's something they were looking to do but never did. Or I'm just mis-remembering. It could have been just goalies for some reason but no big deal as I don't see Dichow back in the OHL next year either way.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
So does RHP, Teasdale, Scheuneman have any NHL upside? Anything more than 4th line/bottom pair?

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Veilleux has been definitely better than Dauphin for Laval, so I would switch them up.

I kind of see Veilleux as a player who's on an extended scoring streak, while Dauphin as an established middle-6 forward, but fair enough. Veilleux has been great.

Would also be surprised if Caufield is in the AHL next year. Blandisi is a C, so maybe he gets the top6 C role next year. Also missing Belzile

I think his NHL spot is far from guaranteed, but even if he does spend the majority of his time in Montreal, this should be a playoff roster (with some depth additions). In my scenario, if Caufield graduates, the Habs' 13th forward would be assigned to Laval.

Belzile has not been really a key contributor the last two years due to injuries. I've decided not to include him in order to make room for RHP and Teasdale. The management may opt to re-sign him.

They could certainly use Blandisi as the #1C, but so far Bouchard has chosen to use other players down the middle. It would also mean breaking up the Blandisi-Poehling-Teasdale line. I also think that Weal needs to be replaced or re-signed to provide the necessary high-end skill.

Anyways, my point was to illustrate that there should be a lot of continuity next year and no significant drop in quality. Individual roster decisions will of course differ from mine.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The Rocket coverage has been very good but I find it very annoying that they give ZERO info on injuries. OK, they don't want to reveal the details to protect the players but not even give the expected return dates is excessive and disappointing.

I would have liked more information on Hillis too. Like, is the roster too deep or has he been so unimpressive in practice that Bouchard doesn't even care to dress him regularly.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
- Caufield debuts tomorrow. Bouchard didn't divulge who he will play with.

- Lindgren in nets tomorrow and Demchenko on Saturday.

- Mysak making the trip to Toronto, but not sure if he will play.

- The other injured players (Vejdemo, Ylonen, Belzile, Fleury & Baddock) stayed behind.

Last edited:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
- Caufield debuts tomorrow. Bouchard didn't divulge who he will play with.

- Lindgren in nets tomorrow and Demchenko on Saturday.

- Mysak making the trip to Toronto, but not sure if he will play.

- The other injured players (Vejdemo, Ylonen, Belzile, Fleury & Baddock) stayed behind.

People citing their division being garbage as context but not noting those injuries are pretty disingenous. Those are some pretty key parts missing.

Reactions: DAChampion

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
So does RHP, Teasdale, Scheuneman have any NHL upside? Anything more than 4th line/bottom pair?

Chances are none will be anything special... but all are interesting. Harvey Pinard is really having a great year and is the type of player you hate to play against and want on your team. He's small but may be able to become a pest type if his offense can translate. Teasedale has gotten better all year and considering he lost all of last year it's promising. Schuneman is slick out there, it's hard for me to get a read on him, but overall the D has been good and he is a big part of the success... so yeah... probably nothing special... but they are all moving in the right direction and as long as they keep progressing they are interesting...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

If Teadale gets quicker and improves his skating he'll play some games in the NHL I would think. RHP is tougher since as well as needing to get quicker and improve his skating he's also undersized and lacks strength. But he's a hard worker so a couple years in the AHL and we'll see where he's at. Schueneman will be 26 before next season starts, at this point he'll have guys like Fleury, Leskinen, Brook to beat out for NHL team as he can play both sides. His defensive game needs work, he lacks size and strength.

Reactions: WinterLion

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
RHP has the toughest road ahead of him because he's a small guy with few actual tools and he has to go 120% every game a la Gallagher to make an impact. Teasdale could be a good complementary player in the NHL if he can get a bit quicker, I see some potential in him. Scheuneman can do a bit of everything and is a solid puck mover, I can definitely see him playing in the NHL in some capacity soonish. It might not be with the Habs though, he's got a lot of players ahead of him in the depth chart.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
RHP has the toughest road ahead of him because he's a small guy with few actual tools and he has to go 120% every game a la Gallagher to make an impact. Teasdale could be a good complementary player in the NHL if he can get a bit quicker, I see some potential in him. Scheuneman can do a bit of everything and is a solid puck mover, I can definitely see him playing in the NHL in some capacity soonish. It might not be with the Habs though, he's got a lot of players ahead of him in the depth chart.

I feel like Rafael has more hockey sense, better vision, better hands and better playmaking abilities than Gallagher. Sure, Gally is very effective in his own way, and he is tough as nails of course, but Rafael has the potential to bring more to the table in the grand scheme of things than Gallagher.

Gally's strengths is going all-out all the time and scoring dirty goals around the net. Of course, this skill is very valuable in the NHL and that is why he usually plays 1st/2nd line and can score around 50 pts per year. But in terms of pure skills he is lacking in a lot of areas.

So if Harvey-Pinard can play as hard as Gallagher (or almost as hard) I see no reason why he can't be part of a 3rd line in the NHL. He has the skills and the determination to do it. If he can improve his speed and strength just a little bit, to me, he is an NHLer.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
This is my biggest hot take ever. With the arrival of Caufieldou, there'll be 1000 posts in each Rocket's GDT. HFBoards gonna break records again. Mark my wordou. I think we can dou it.
upload_2021-4-9_21-46-14.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad