2020-2021 Laval Rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I know they aren't as sexy as some of the others guys but I feel that both Vejdemo and Leskinen have made big strides. I wouldn't be surprised if they get the call at some point. I could see Leskinen stealing a spot from Mete or Kulak... he's really calm and composed.

Poehling is really playing with lots of jam. It's great to see. His feet are constantly moving and I think he is figuring out what he needs to do to be a pro. Obviously Ylonen is looking great too... he might get fast tracked if he keeps it up.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Personally, I don't think any team will jump in offering him an NHL deal. You rarely see it if ever it happens.

Also keep in mind, while Schueneman looks great so far for Laval, he is playing in the AHL and him going to the NHL will be a completely different animal.

I remember Philadelphia did it to us once. Signed a player that was playing on an AHLC with us. This would be late 80's to early 90s. Can't remember who the player was.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Jul 6, 2016
What's up with Liam Hawell ? is Sam Vigneault still with the org ?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I asked Marcotte the same question yesterday. But what he told me was that he wasn't 100% sure but he told me what he says in this tweet, that it's an abundance of centers and the Habs want Hillis to develop as a center.

Which begs the question, why he's only used once if he's healthy. Maybe Bouchard isn't satisfied with what he sees at practice?

Personally I think he isn't 100% healthy (probably something minor) and with so many players on the roster, they can afford to give him time to heal.

Last edited:

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I know they aren't as sexy as some of the others guys but I feel that both Vejdemo and Leskinen have made big strides. I wouldn't be surprised if they get the call at some point. I could see Leskinen stealing a spot from Mete or Kulak... he's really calm and composed.

Poehling is really playing with lots of jam. It's great to see. His feet are constantly moving and I think he is figuring out what he needs to do to be a pro. Obviously Ylonen is looking great too... he might get fast tracked if he keeps it up.
I always felt Vejdemo took a leap forward last season and could centre the Habs 4th line.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
After that:
13 games in 22 days
5 days break
5 games in 8 days
6 days break
1 back-to-back
11 days break
1 game
3 days break
7 games in 11 days

Whole schedule is crazy.

And for the first time after this week, Laval will play road games.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

After Vigneault, Lynch is released.

Hopefully, this opens up a spot for Hillis in the line-up.

With the number of players on the roster, it was inevitable to see some releases.

After Vigneault was released, he signed in Europe. So I imagine Lynch probably has a similar opportunity and decided to take it rather than stay here in a rotation. Especially if there are no playoffs (at the moment) for these guys to "fight for."

Edit: It seems it was more a decision that he wanted to return to the States.

Last edited:

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland

After Vigneault, Lynch is released.

Hopefully, this opens up a spot for Hillis in the line-up.

With the number of players on the roster, it was inevitable to see some releases.

After Vigneault was released, he signed in Europe. So I imagine Lynch probably has a similar opportunity and decided to take it rather than stay here in a rotation. Especially if there are no playoffs (at the moment) for these guys to "fight for."

Edit: It seems it was more a decision that he wanted to return to the States to be closer to family:

Lynch will be missed. He's a good player.

Reactions: Tyson

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It will open up a spot for a prospect (Hillis mainly) so that's nice. Lynch was a good soldier though, we'll definitely miss his energy on the bottom 6.

Reactions: Tyson

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
They are now down to 30 players (not counting the guys moving up/down to the NHL taxi) 27 after the 3 goalies. The defense is fine at 9, as they don't need to worry about getting Bison playing time, LeGuerrier will be leaving in a few weeks for OHL camp and Halbert can get in some games when injuries hit as the top 6 is set and doing well.

At forward we have 18 so that's still a problem. Hawel has yet to play, Hillis must start getting some games, Mysak will be leaving for camp in a few weeks so that will help. I'm not too worried about getting him games, playing one or two here and there is good enough since he's so young and lacks size/strength.

Belzile Weal Ylonen
Blandisi Poehling RHP
Veilleux Vejdemo Dauphin

those guys will get the bulk of the time in the top 9. Dauphin has not looked as good as I had hoped but it can't be easy being in and out of the lineup and different linemates. I know they said they want Hillis at center but if it means more games why not play him on wing, rotate him and RHP or him and Dauphin. Let Khisamutdinov rotate on the 4th line Baddock, Pezzetta and Teasdale could rotate. Then other games drop Hillis to 4th line center so that he's playing almost every game.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
An other name that could be interesting for replacing Burrows would be Jason Pominville

Started this year as a skills coach in Bantam AAA (and the AAA relève whatever that is) and an associate coach in Midget AA for the Lanaudière Pionniers.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Started this year as a skills coach in Bantam AAA (and the AAA relève whatever that is) and an associate coach in Midget AA for the Lanaudière Pionniers.

Lol Relève is basically ''1st year'' players being groomed for the AAA team the following season. For exemple, in Bantam 13 years old kids will mostly play on the Relève team and 14 years olds on the main AAA team. For each program there might be one or two gifted 13 yrs olds that makes the AAA team and plays 2 seasons there, but honestly Bantam AAA is usually filled with 14 years olds

Unfortunately this often means kids who did not make Relève or AAA are forgotten forever since the main coaches don't know them from the program... and this starts pretty much in Pee Wee with 12 years olds

Main QMJHL prospects will usually skip Relève in Bantam because they are too good so you can target 13 years olds kids in AAA and this is basically your 1st/2nd round players, although I remember Justin Robidas being stuck in Relève because Triolet was too strong and he was still picked 2nd overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->