Injury Report: 2020-2021 Injury Updates

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
:help::help::help:
:help::help::help::help:

For real you can’t be serious

If it’s not price 1st concussion, he can be more sensitive than others to head hit. People with a lot of concussion like me , we can get one only by only hitting a cupboard door. A body check, without hitting the head , can also result in a concussion.
I know that. Watch the video again. And I don't believe he's had one in his nhl career at least.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
My opinion? Lol it’s facts. The team docs annonced he was out with a concussion.
If he says he's getting headaches everyday, the doctors can't prove that one way or the other. They can rule things out, but a mild concussion would be difficult to prove. They air on the side of caution and more or less take his word for how he says he feels. Just like whiplash.

Again. I fully admit that I could be wrong. However, it's very suspicious to me.

Jul 6, 2016
If he says he's getting headaches everyday, the doctors can't prove that one way or the other. They can rule things out, but a mild concussion would be difficult to prove. They air on the side of caution and more or less take his word for how he says he feels. Just like whiplash.

Again. I fully admit that I could be wrong. However, it's very suspicious to me.

Yeah. Concussions are tricky beasts. Symptoms can come and go anytime.

And Price might also have a case of "Drouin's Syndrome", fed up with the medias, the fans and the org.

Reactions: CAUFIELD

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
How can they Prove he has a concussion. All he has to say is he's still getting headaches everyday. They can't disprove that.
Oh now now...let's pump the brakes here. I, of course don't know for sure BUT seems to me that pro athletes like to play. If Price wasn't happy I am sure he would request a trade rather than stick around and plot to have management fired by faking an injury.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
I know that. Watch the video again. And I don't believe he's had one in his nhl career at least.
I don’t know his injuries history.

again, it’s impossible to juge the hit and symptoms while looking at the video lol.A minimal hit can cause a concussion. You need to understand that.

Reactions: sandviper and 1909

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Oh now now...let's pump the brakes here. I, of course don't know for sure BUT seems to me that pro athletes like to play. If Price wasn't happy I am sure he would request a trade rather than stick around and plot to have management fired by faking an injury.
True. But the time to request a trade has long passed. He's not doing that after the deadline before playoffs. Trust me. He knows management will be changing in the off-season. Like I said, I could be wrong. I say, come back soon and play well. Prove me wrong. Sit out the rest of the year and waive your no trade clause. Then I think that raises an eyebrow or 2. I honestly think he wants out and I think that'll come to light in the not too distant future.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
True. But the time to request a trade has long passed. He's not doing that after the deadline before playoffs. Trust me. He knows management will be changing in the off-season. Like I said, I could be wrong. I say, come back soon and play well. Prove me wrong. Sit out the rest of the year and waive your no trade clause. Then I think that raises an eyebrow or 2. I honestly think he wants out and I think that'll come to light in the not too distant future.
And you may be right. Team lacks real leadership in the form of actual players leading the way, excpet for maybe 1 or 2 players. Price is not a leader if you ask me. But again-I don't know squat.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
And you may be right. Team lacks real leadership in the form of actual players leading the way, excpet for maybe 1 or 2 players. Price is not a leader if you ask me. But again-I don't know squat.
Honestly. I wouldn't blame him for wanting out. He sees which way the wind is blowing. Don't be surprised if there's a massive overhaul this summer. Unfortunately, they may not get a lot for some of these guys and will probably have to eat salary. I'd be talking to Seattle about Price for sure.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Weber out tonight.

Are we intentionally resting players for the playoffs?

I think the injuries are legit, but mild enough that they would play through them in normal cases, and potentially have been for awhile now. But with the position essentially locked in, they're sitting. If the race somehow became tight again, I predict a lot would end up back in the lineup.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Weber out tonight.

Are we intentionally resting players for the playoffs?

I think the injuries are legit, but mild enough that they would play through them in normal cases, and potentially have been for awhile now. But with the position essentially locked in, they're sitting. If the race somehow became tight again, I predict a lot would end up back in the lineup.
Is it like 40M out tonight?

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-4-30_19-29-26.png

Reactions: Lolonegoal

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I don’t know his injuries history.

again, it’s impossible to juge the hit and symptoms while looking at the video lol.A minimal hit can cause a concussion. You need to understand that.

I think I’ve mentioned in the past, but I’ve suffered three hockey related concussions. I was tripped trying to beat an icing in my teens and drove head first into the boards, and in university, got slew footed and hit my head on the ice. Both of those really messed me up and of course, I am sure I came back way too soon.

3rd concussion I was coaching and was demonstrating a stick drill when I tripped on a puck during a pivot and hit the side of my head on the goal post. In all three cases, I had a helmet, but in this case, I was done for the year as I was in my 40’s and it took me 2 months to recover.

Now, what I am getting at is last couple years, I’ve been getting really nauseated from whiplash. I was on Leviathan (big coaster at Wonderland), which I’ve been on 100+ times, but two summers ago, during on particular quick turn, my head snapped sideways and that really messed me up. I was all nauseated, to the point I wanted to throw up and there was this ringing in my right ear for the rest of the day. I was legit sick for like 48 hours.

Just saying, it doesn’t take much and doesn’t surprise me at all Price may be really affected by what appears to be a nothing play.

Reactions: zeeto and BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I think I’ve mentioned in the past, but I’ve suffered three hockey related concussions. I was tripped trying to beat an icing in my teens and drove head first into the boards, and in university, got slew footed and hit my head on the ice. Both of those really messed me up and of course, I am sure I came back way too soon.

3rd concussion I was coaching and was demonstrating a stick drill when I tripped on a puck during a pivot and hit the side of my head on the goal post. In all three cases, I had a helmet, but in this case, I was done for the year as I was in my 40’s and it took me 2 months to recover.

Now, what I am getting at is last couple years, I’ve been getting really nauseated from whiplash. I was on Leviathan (big coaster at Wonderland), which I’ve been on 100+ times, but two summers ago, during on particular quick turn, my head snapped sideways and that really messed me up. I was all nauseated, to the point I wanted to throw up and there was this ringing in my right ear for the rest of the day. I was legit sick for like 48 hours.

Just saying, it doesn’t take much and doesn’t surprise me at all Price may be really affected by what appears to be a nothing play.
Injuries to the head, as you say, can appear to be no big deal, but let's think back years ago, the Crosby/Steckel collision, no way did that look bad, and that made a mess of Crosby over a two year period......2 years.
Let's hope Price can come back, Allen has been slipping big time, the more he plays.
Hoping to see Primeau today vs the Sens.

Reactions: sandviper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad