Prospect Info: 2020-2021 In The System: AHL, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Saarela adds a secondary assist in a 6-1 win. He's had a couple multi point games now has 10 goals, 15 pts in 15 games.

Lundell 2nd in goals and Saarela tied for 3rd.

Not putting too much expectations on Lundell but if him, Saarela and Tippett can all supply at least 15 goals, that's nearly 3/4ths of what Hoff and Dads combined for the last two years. All for what, 3 mil combined?

Barkov and Huberdeau can sniff 25.
Horny can probably hit 15 as well
Vatrano with at least 15.
Connolly with 15.

A couple guys may hit 20 or more of course.
Acciari hit 20 to prove the point.
Will need the PP to add more offense as well but a better defense and Bob we can cut down at least .4-.5 goals a game.

Last edited:

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Saarela adds a secondary assist in a 6-1 win. He's had a couple multi point games now has 10 goals, 15 pts in 15 games.

Not putting too much expectations on Lundell but if him, Saarela and Tippett can all supply at least 15 goals, that's nearly 3/4ths of what Hoff and Dads combined for the last two years. All for what, 3 mil combined?

Connolly with 15.

Will need the PP to add more offense as well but a better defense and Bob we can cut down at least .4-.5 goals a game.
PP will be different but potentially interesting: Hornqvist moves Barkov from upfront which is a major win for us. Horny>Barky in that position and Barky>Dady.
Big question is who takes the right slot: Tippett, Saarela and Ek are most likely...

Reactions: Cold Cat

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
PP will be different but potentially interesting: Hornqvist moves Barkov from upfront which is a major win for us. Horny>Barky in that position and Barky>Dady.
Big question is who takes the right slot: Tippett, Saarela and Ek are most likely...
I would like to see OT there on the PP, but he plays the left side usually.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Connolly with 15.

When do the Liiga playoffs begin? Seems like IFK is a good team. Idk if Lundell will be in Panthers training camp. I think we may just let him have his offseason, continue to train, and then be ready to bring him in in 21-22.

Reactions: Ratsreign

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
When do the Liiga playoffs begin? Seems like IFK is a good team. Idk if Lundell will be in Panthers training camp. I think we may just let him have his offseason, continue to train, and then be ready to bring him in in 21-22.

This regular season concludes on March 30th, 2021.
Playoffs in 2018-19 started March 16th and finished in May 4th (7 weeks).

So unless they go to finals (3rd week of May 2021), he may have the chance to play 15+ games if NHL regular season runs until mid/late May. It would burn a year off his deal of course, which may make it more unlikely.
Right now Lundell's team is 4th overall but with wins equaling 3 pts, nothing is set in stone with a good portion of the year left.
They have 7 reg wins - 3 OTW's - 2 OTL - 5 reg L's in 17 games, nothing amazing imo.

More meant for 2021-22 year with Tippett, Lundell and Saarela providing 15-20 goals each.
We will still have chance to have multiple 20 goal guys going forward and some consistent depth scoring through 4 forward lines.

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
This regular season concludes on March 30th, 2021.
Playoffs in 2018-19 started March 16th and finished in May 4th (7 weeks).

So unless they go to finals (3rd week of May 2021), he may have the chance to play 15+ games if NHL regular season runs until early June. It would burn a year off his deal of course, which may make it more unlikely.
Right now Lundell's team is 4th overall but with wins equaling 3 pts, nothing is set in stone with a good portion of the year left.
They have 7 reg wins - 3 OTW's - 2 OTL - 5 reg L's in 17 games, nothing amazing imo.

More meant for 2021-22 year with Tippett, Lundell and Saarela providing 15-20 goals each.
We will still have chance to have multiple 20 goal guys going forward and some consistent depth scoring through 4 forward lines.

Oh yeah, I think Lundell, Tippett and Saarela should all be around 20 goals in 21-22. I wouldn't be surprised to see Luosto or Noel get some games. Deni should also break in by then and provide some goals. I'm not worried about our depth scoring going forward. My only concerns are how long it will take for our blueline to get to the median of the league and if Bob bounces back.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Oh yeah, I think Lundell, Tippett and Saarela should all be around 20 goals in 21-22. I wouldn't be surprised to see Luosto or Noel get some games. Deni should also break in by then and provide some goals. I'm not worried about our depth scoring going forward. My only concerns are how long it will take for our blueline to get to the median of the league and if Bob bounces back.
I don't see our defense turning around within the next two season, there is still way to many expensive 3rd pairing vets. Once we start shedding some of those deadweights, we'll be able to, hopefully, bring in some talent.
We'll see if Keeper and Priskie can't crack the lineup or what they do with their opportunity when someone gets injured.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I don't see our defense turning around within the next two season, there is still way to many expensive 3rd pairing vets. Once we start shedding some of those deadweights, we'll be able to, hopefully, bring in some talent.
We'll see if Keeper and Priskie can't crack the lineup or what they do with their opportunity when someone gets injured.

I'm not necessarily talking about the next two seasons, but going forward. I'm not worried about our forward group, is what I'm saying. I think we already have the pieces within the organization to have a strong group for years to come. I'm not so sure about the defense. We have some decent prospects, but in order for the team to really take a big step forward, we're gonna have to either draft a blue chip defense prospect, or trade for a top 2-3 defenseman in his prime.

It's also up in the air as to whether Bob bounces back, although it's likey he will. It's also not a huge concern because we also have Knight in the system so he should arrive on the scene soon enough. Driedger could also be re-signed next offseason, although if he has another good season he might price himself off the team. All in all though, goaltending is easier to fix. Look at Ottawa acquiring Murray and the Flames getting Markstrom. The blueline is really my main concern. Will Weegar extend here beyond the next 3 seasons? Will we lose Stillman in the expansion draft? Still a lot of questions when you look a few years down the road.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I'm not necessarily talking about the next two seasons, but going forward. I'm not worried about our forward group, is what I'm saying. I think we already have the pieces within the organization to have a strong group for years to come. I'm not so sure about the defense. We have some decent prospects, but in order for the team to really take a big step forward, we're gonna have to either draft a blue chip defense prospect, or trade for a top 2-3 defenseman in his prime.

It's also up in the air as to whether Bob bounces back, although it's likey he will. It's also not a huge concern because we also have Knight in the system so he should arrive on the scene soon enough. Driedger could also be re-signed next offseason, although if he has another good season he might price himself off the team. All in all though, goaltending is easier to fix. Look at Ottawa acquiring Murray and the Flames getting Markstrom. The blueline is really my main concern. Will Weegar extend here beyond the next 3 seasons? Will we lose Stillman in the expansion draft? Still a lot of questions when you look a few years down the road.
I don't see it. For years and years people on here have been saying that so and so is a steal and will come up to fill in the lineup. Every draft, there are 2 or 3 late selections that people go gaga over and think they'll make the team and be our 3C or whatever. It just doesn't happen. We got Malgin and that's it. (on D we got Weegar, Brown, and Stillman)

Talking further than 2 years down the road is really iffy. Are you really confident in the forward group if Barkov just pack his shit and leave à la Tavares? Contract wise, Weegar&Ekblad is a better situation than Huby&Barkov.

I'm more confident that Koly, Gildon, Priskie, Ludwigg, and Keeper can, as a group, manage to fill in spot #3-4 than I am confident in Lundell, Tippett, Denisenko, Saarela, Noel, Hutsko, Borg, etc. to fill line 2 & 3. But if Huberdeau and Barkov leave, then this group need to fill the top 9. That's and even more dubious prospect.

Yeah, we don't have a blue chip dman, but we didn't have a blue chip center either before this past draft. Next year seems to be a good dman class, so we should be able to nab one of them in the top 10. Can you honestly say that prior to this draft you were confident in our forward prospect pool? Saarela #1C in two years? That's a hard sell.

Goalie is an easy fix? We spent 10M and got AHL level goaltending. I guess you can easily fix goaltending when you don't have a 10M anchor and are not name Tallon.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
We spent 10M and got AHL level goaltending. I guess you can easily fix goaltending when you don't have a 10M anchor and are not name Tallon.
That’s too easy to blame Bob for everything. Not trying to say he was stellar, and that we don’t need him to be better, but it was a shitshow in front of him many nights. He was too often left out on the clothesline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->