• Matias Mantykivi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pavel Shen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Very close race for the #2 overall with Swayman beating out Vaak by 2 votes. Now onto #3!

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Also for those that wanted Lantosi added, I originally said anyone 25 and older wouldn’t be listed. If we are getting down to the wire and he’s clearly better than the remaining might add him, for now he’s off.

Reactions: Blowfish

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
In Cameron Hughes

Hes next, I was about to put him in but gave label shen the benefit of the doubt for being 21 as opposed to 24. Neither are getting selected 3rd overall so figured it didn’t matter what order I brought them in

Reactions: Blowfish

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Frederic is a lock to be a quality glue guy

reminds me of the third Foligno brother who’s skillset is between the two

no knock on Marcus Foligno I love him more than life

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Frederic is a lock to be a quality glue guy

reminds me of the third Foligno brother who’s skillset is between the two

no knock on Marcus Foligno I love him more than life

I just don’t see him having a very high ceiling. At best I see him as a lower end 3rd liner or really good 4th liner.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
My issue with swayman at 2 is he hasn’t played pro hockey. This year will define his value imo. He is super exciting tho. He tore up college hockey which is nice. But pro hockey is on another level. The defence prospects seem to be nhl ready. Three of them imo. To me that instantly makes them rank higher.
So for me top 3 is probably something like studnicka, vaak, zboril.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
My issue with swayman at 2 is he hasn’t played pro hockey. This year will define his value imo. He is super exciting tho. He tore up college hockey which is nice. But pro hockey is on another level. The defence prospects seem to be nhl ready. Three of them imo. To me that instantly makes them rank higher.

Depends on how you want to grade prospects. Some put more weight in NHL ready players other out more into how high their ceiling could be.

Swayman winning the richter award and being a honey baker finalist puts him in rare company.

Reactions: PlayMakers and Kegs

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I try and base these on floor, ceiling and how close to NHL ready they are. Based on that my numbers come out to Vaak at #3, but I'm leaning towards Beecher for this one. Good size, good hands and can skate.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Depends on how you want to grade prospects. Some put more weight in NHL ready players other out more into how high their ceiling could be.

Swayman winning the richter award and being a honey baker finalist puts him in rare company.

I didn't know Barry Richter had an award named after him :naughty:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I try and base these on floor, ceiling and how close to NHL ready they are. Based on that my numbers come out to Vaak at #3, but I'm leaning towards Beecher for this one. Good size, good hands and can skate.

I base it off who I believe will be the best player when they make it to the NHL. So combo of ceiling/floor. Doesn’t matter to me really if they are a year away or three years. Obviously everyone else’s opinions differ. Just my view.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I base it off who I believe will be the best player when they make it to the NHL. So combo of ceiling/floor. Doesn’t matter to me really if they are a year away or three years. Obviously everyone else’s opinions differ. Just my view.

I like to include years away because how close a prospect is to being an NHL player has value. A NHL ready prospect typically is more valuable then a guy 2-3 years away. In my equation though it only carries a 10% weight, so its not a huge advantage.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
I totally hear ya but can we call it a concern and not an issue? Really no fault of his own obviously but the uncertainty makes your point valid

Reactions: Kegs

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I just don’t see him having a very high ceiling. At best I see him as a lower end 3rd liner or really good 4th liner.
None of their guys have high ceiling - but they could use a dependable washing machine or dryer.

Frederic can absolutely put up 15 goals and be a hard hitting dependable PK who can fight

I want at least a couple of these guys

every draft if I was in charge of my picks 3-5 would be hard nosed players who can drop them

you go 1 for 6 over two drafts and grab a Rick Tocchet or a Bob Probert you are way ahead of the game

Bruins need to combine skill with guys with that dont f with us and Frederic can be a nice cog in a handful of these types

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
None of their guys have high ceiling - but they could use a dependable washing machine or dryer.

Frederic can absolutely put up 15 goals and be a hard hitting dependable PK who can fight

every draft if I was in charge of my picks 3-5 would be hard nosed players who can drop them

you go 1 for 6 over two drafts and grab a Rick Tocchet or a Bob Probert you are way ahead of the game

Bruins need to combine skill with guys with that dont f with us and Frederic can be a nice cog in a handful of these types

Trent Frederic hasn’t even been able to put up 15 goals in an AHL season yet. What makes you think he’s going to be able to do that when the competition gets harder and he’s playing in a lesser role in the NHL?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Trent Frederic hasn’t even been able to put up 15 goals in an AHL season yet. What makes you think he’s going to be able to do that when the competition gets harder and he’s playing in a lesser role in the NHL?
Just watching him in Providence

he averaged 16 goals per 82 G in Providence and hit an absurd amount of posts

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Just watching him in Providence

he averaged 16 goals per 82 G in Providence and hit an absurd amount of posts

So you think 16 goals per 82 games is going to continue into the NHL with tougher competition and a reduced role?

I Really hope so and it would be a very welcomed surprise. I just don’t see it. With studnicka, Beecher and coyle down the middle in the future, Frederic is either going to be the 4th line center or have to carve out a winger role.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So you think 16 goals per 82 games is going to continue into the NHL with tougher competition and a reduced role?

I Really hope so and it would be a very welcomed surprise. I just don’t see it. With studnicka, Beecher and coyle down the middle in the future, Frederic is either going to be the 4th line center or have to carve out a winger role.
He could be 4th line center or third line LW

but he offers flexibility and toughness

has a very good shot

can play special teams

he may not be a candidate for Miss America but you can do a lot worse on prom night

I want a bad ass big bottom 6 with skill

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

Jake DeBrusk wasn't able to put up a 20 goal season in the AHL, but he scored 27 when the competition got harder.

I'm still a believer in Frederic. He's averaged 17 goals per 82 in his first two AHL seasons. He's big, strong, smart, he skates well, he's scored goals at lower levels and is legitimately tough. I'm hoping he can be a Boone Jenner, Sam Bennett, type of 3c for us.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Can you even find players anymore that are hard nosed, will drop the gloves and can play at the NHL level?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Can you even find players anymore that are hard nosed, will drop the gloves and can play at the NHL level?
Columbus knocked skill teams Boston and Tampa all over the place
Dubois
Anderson
Foligno
Jenner

they hammered the Bruins every step

my strategy would be rounds 3-5 take kids like that - some of the toughest players in the game cams from those rounds

You also try and get a guy like Dubois who has both if you get the chance

I know Studnicka and Frederic have balls I’m hoping Beecher does

there are plenty of tough kids out there - Ridly Greig was in the draft but the Bruins traded their pick - he’s very skilled and a mean prick - he projects top 6

that’s what I want

so pissed off they lost the Cup to Blues team and got run by Oskar Sundqvist and Barbashev. Are you shitting me

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Jake DeBrusk wasn't able to put up a 20 goal season in the AHL, but he scored 27 when the competition got harder.

I'm still a believer in Frederic. He's averaged 17 goals per 82 in his first two AHL seasons. He's big, strong, smart, he skates well, he's scored goals at lower levels and is legitimately tough. I'm hoping he can be a Boone Jenner, Sam Bennett, type of 3c for us.
I’d like to build a deal around getting Hanifan/Bennett back

I’d put Debrusk and Vaakanainen On the scale

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Columbus knocked skill teams Boston and Tampa all over the place
Dubois
Anderson
Foligno
Jenner

they hammered the Bruins every step

my strategy would be rounds 3-5 take kids like that - some of the toughest players in the game cams from those rounds

You also try and get a guy like Dubois who has both if you get the chance

I know Studnicka and Frederic have balls I’m hoping Beecher does

there are plenty of tough kids out there - Ridly Greig was in the draft but the Bruins traded their pick - he’s very skilled and a mean prick - he projects top 6

that’s what I want

so pissed off they lost the Cup to Blues team and got run by Oskar Sundqvist and Barbashev. Are you shitting me

Dubois is a top 3 pick.

Only Anderson was taken after the 2nd round.

Besides, these guys all played junior in Canada when dropping the gloves was a must.

I don't think there are many of these type of players to be drafted anymore.

Bruins don't seem to draft many Canadians lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad