4) John Beecher (45.2%)
5) Jakub Zboril (42.9%)
6) Trent Frederic (43.1%)
7) Jakub Lauko (39.1%)
8) Curtis Hall (22.7%)
9) Dan Vlader (37.2%)

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
After a recount we have flipped a vote! Vlader is now the 9th prospect haha! Onto the next and rounding out the top 10 with this vote. Also if you have any suggestions on players to add please do so.
Thank you to everyone for their patience and participation so far.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
For all the criticism Senyshyn gets, he didn't look out of place during his brief stint last year. Unfortunate he got injured.

Ahcan is likely the stiffest competition for that 10th spot based on previous polls. But before voting for Ahcan consider this.......Ahcan and Senyshyn are the exact same age (born 2 months apart).

One guy has NHL experience and 3 years as a pro. The other spent his past 5 seasons in the USHL then NCAA as an undrafted player. I have a hard time justifying Ahcan as the better prospect right here right now. Where's the evidence considering he's never played pro game of hockey despite being the same age as Senyshyn? I don't see it.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don't get the Steen love either. Undersized, not a great first year in Providence. Currently putting up some pretty good numbers.....in the 2nd tier Swedish league. At least Berglund is in the SHL.

Reactions: JOKER 192

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I don't get the Steen love either. Undersized, not a great first year in Providence. Currently putting up some pretty good numbers.....in the 2nd tier Swedish league. At least Berglund is in the SHL.

steen was outstanding at a young age in sweeden. He had a slow start to his time in providence, but had 12 points in his final 19 games to finish the year.

Steen put up 37 points in 46 games in the SHL two years ago.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
steen was outstanding at a young age in sweeden. He had a slow start to his time in providence, but had 12 points in his final 19 games to finish the year.

Steen put up 37 points in 46 games in the SHL two years ago.

Let's not go overboard here. Outstanding is a bit of a stretch. He was a good prospect coming out of Sweden after a solid 20-year old season in the SHL, and that's what he is now. I don't dislike Steen but there isn't much to get excited about. He's a tier below the guys who have already won polls.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
For all the criticism Senyshyn gets, he didn't look out of place during his brief stint last year. Unfortunate he got injured.

Ahcan is likely the stiffest competition for that 10th spot based on previous polls. But before voting for Ahcan consider this.......Ahcan and Senyshyn are the exact same age (born 2 months apart).

One guy has NHL experience and 3 years as a pro. The other spent his past 5 seasons in the USHL then NCAA as an undrafted player. I have a hard time justifying Ahcan as the better prospect right here right now. Where's the evidence considering he's never played pro game of hockey despite being the same age as Senyshyn? I don't see it.
It can probably said that Senyshyn did little to impress in his three seasons in the AHL. Touted as a goal scorer from his Junior days, his highest goal total was 14 in his second pro season.

True, Ahcan went undrafted in his USHL and NCAA years, but Seny was drafted by our GM in the mid first round. A lot more was expected of him.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It can probably said that Senyshyn did little to impress in his three seasons in the AHL. Touted as a goal scorer from his Junior days, his highest goal total was 14 in his second pro season.

True, Ahcan went undrafted in his USHL and NCAA years, but Seny was drafted by our GM in the mid first round. A lot more was expected of him.

It's not like he was terrible, just more was expected.

I just put stock in guys playing at the professional level vs. the amateur level when comparing players of similar ages. Senyshyn was playing against men every night in a harder/better league for a longer/tougher schedule. Level of competition matters when evaluating prospects IMO.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Have to go w/ Senyshyn here. He looked the part in his NHL call up and created chances. I still think he can be a solid complementary scoring winger. It'll take an extraordinary camp for him to stick. He's really fighting for a 4th line RW spot as the first 3 are pretty locked in.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It's not like he was terrible, just more was expected.

I just put stock in guys playing at the professional level vs. the amateur level when comparing players of similar ages. Senyshyn was playing against men every night in a harder/better league for a longer/tougher schedule. Level of competition matters when evaluating prospects IMO.

Which makes it ridiculous to have Curtis Hall in the top ten IMO.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

I like Jack Achan's name. Sounds like the really athletic guy from the Rush Hour movies.

Much better than Senyshyn.

Reactions: CDJ and BruinDust

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Let's not go overboard here. Outstanding is a bit of a stretch. He was a good prospect coming out of Sweden after a solid 20-year old season in the SHL, and that's what he is now. I don't dislike Steen but there isn't much to get excited about. He's a tier below the guys who have already won polls.

He was 10th in the league in scoring and everyone ahead of him was 5+ years older. Not only that but among the top 10 scorers he played the least amount of games.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
probably splitting hairs at this point, but jack ahcan is my guy here and think he's
going to be an excellent pro. the b's do a great job of unearthing these NCAA guys
and then developing them into good pro players, and ahcan will be another example
of that.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Since this is the most current thread about prospects, here is what NHL.com had for the Bruins top 5. I've put where we ranked them in (#) at the end of their name

1. Studnicka (1)
2. Vaak (3)
3. Beecher (4)
4. Swayman (2)
5. Zboril (5)

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Since this is the most current thread about prospects, here is what NHL.com had for the Bruins top 5. I've put where we ranked them in (#) at the end of their name

1. Studnicka (1)
2. Vaak (3)
3. Beecher (4)
4. Swayman (2)
5. Zboril (5)

Pretty close then. Looks like we just thought higher of swayman and moved Vaak and Beecher down a slot

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Somebody who is voting for Jack Ahcan has to explain this to me. A 5'8, 23 year old defenseman that was under a ppg in NCAA his last season and showed no major upward trajectory? Torey Krug was a very rare exception. 99% of players fitting this description are AHL bound at best.

I myself have been toggling back and forth between Berglund and Lohrei for the last 3 rounds. Voted Berglund this time just because 9 points in 12 games in the SHL (second on team) is pretty legit for a 21 year old defenseman. I like Lohrei's tools better though.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Going to be an interesting 4-6 votes. I like what the bruins have built.

Nice to see some Hughes love. Forgotten player. Injury issues last year so fell off the radar.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Going to be an interesting 4-6 votes. I like what the bruins have built.

Nice to see some Hughes love. Forgotten player. Injury issues last year so fell off the radar.

He is easily forgettable. Looked like a total JAG at the NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad