2020-2021 FA Cup:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
It’s on sportsnet if ur in canada

Chelsea should have had a pen tho

Tammy has to score today.

This barnsley backline is bad on the ball and slow... no reason he shouldn’t be able to get free multiple times

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Barnsley are actually gegenpressing Chelsea with everyone around the ball like they are a Jurgen Klopp team or something. 51% of the game has been played in Chelseas defensive third, 35% in central areas, according to the broadcast.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Looked offside live

Yea that replay they showed he was clearly off. Assistant was too far behind the play to see it though, but that's hardly her fault given it was a break.

Hard for Barnsley to feel too bad about it though given with VAR they'd have given up a pen in the first half.

Reactions: Peen

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Yea that replay they showed he was clearly off. Assistant was too far behind the play to see it though, but that's hardly her fault given it was a break.

Hard for Barnsley to feel too bad about it though given with VAR they'd have given up a pen in the first half.
Looked a lot closer on replay tbf especially from her angle

Seemed obvious from the tv angle

Barnsley were vulnerable to that kind of garbage the whole game

Just that chelsea could never get anything going to capitalize on those mistakes

Until then.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I just watched the replay of the Chelsea game and that was complete shit. We didn't deserve to even win it, and we're lucky we did.

Tuchel has been getting wins and that's great, but we're barely attacking or scoring, and we're not going to stay lucky forever with these 1-0 wins where the other team has more good chances than we do.

Abraham today is the first attacking player to score since Tuchel took over.

Ziyech was f***ing horrible, he won't get to play at all putting in performances like that.

Reactions: gary69

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Watching Pulisic play like this is just painful. Shadow of the player he was last season.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Watching Pulisic play like this is just painful. Shadow of the player he was last season.
Heard it observed on a podcast recently that both Pulisic and Havertz are young guys who live alone with no family in a locked down city, which is bound to have a psychological impact. I do wonder if part of both of their struggles can be attributed to that

Reactions: robertmac43

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Heard it observed on a podcast recently that both Pulisic and Havertz are young guys who live alone with no family in a locked down city, which is bound to have a psychological impact. I do wonder if part of both of their struggles can be attributed to that

I’m an extreme introvert and even I’d be having issues if I was single and lived alone for the last year.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I’m an extreme introvert and even I’d be having issues if I was single and lived alone for the last year.
I am too, and I have been for most of the past six months (was able to get home for a bit for Christmas, thank god) and it's truly awful! I think we do often forget that footballers are also human beings doing a job, and for these young guys living alone and locked down, with football being really the only thing they have going on now, that's probably gonna put you in a not good place.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Probably is taking a toll, I don't think you can assume otherwise in this situation. I know it's taken a toll on me, being in the same place for a year now, barely leaving, and not seeing people very often has really worn me down.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Probably is taking a toll, I don't think you can assume otherwise in this situation. I know it's taken a toll on me, being in the same place for a year now, barely leaving, and not seeing people very often has really worn me down.
Absolutely. This is where the international break might actually be a boon - Pulisic is really close with and relishes his time with the guys in the USMNT set-up, which could have a regenerative impact

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad