2020-2021 available overagers

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
What 00s out there are available that are likely to be back next year but also out of a roster spot? The Fronts right now only have 2 00s, and realistically I only see one of them coming back (Baker). Who's out there for them to look at? Might be relevant for other young teams too.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
ER: Murphy, one of Duff/Henry, MacDougall, Sopa
FLNT: Yule, Bangs, one of Wismer/Roberts
GUE: Stenvenson, Roach
NB: Denault
PBO: Hinz, Little, Parker-Jones, McNamara
SAG: Katic
SAR: Mack and Jakovljevic
SBY: Samuelsson, Robinson, Gilhula
WSR: Playfair, Rupoli

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Bangs is retired. I don’t imagine anybody will be using an OA spot on Yule. On D, the potential OA returnees are Busby, Tucker, Lalonde, and McCourt. I could potentially see ALL of them returning, or I could see only Lalonde returning. I know ALL seems a bit optimistic but with Phillips being returned this year, it’s possible. Optimally they’d hope to keep two D with one of Roberts or Wismer. I like Wismer a little better but they’re gonna need Centers more than Wingers so.....probably Roberts.

Reactions: dirty12

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Bangs is retired. I don’t imagine anybody will be using an OA spot on Yule. On D, the potential OA returnees are Busby, Tucker, Lalonde, and McCourt. I could potentially see ALL of them returning, or I could see only Lalonde returning. I know ALL seems a bit optimistic but with Phillips being returned this year, it’s possible. Optimally they’d hope to keep two D with one of Roberts or Wismer. I like Wismer a little better but they’re gonna need Centers more than Wingers so.....probably Roberts.

I think Tucker gets signed but Busby/McCourt will be back

member 71782

Windsor currently has five potential OAs.

Douglas is 50/50 to return. Drafted but not signed yet.

Corcoran is 50/50 to return. Drafted but not signed yet.

Angle is 60-70% returns. Drafted, unsigned but a late bday so Columbus has another year to sign him.

Playfair and Rupoli are undrafted and the possibility of them returning is dependent on who else returns of the first three and how Windsor looks going into next year. Neither is expected to be their plans but things change. Trade if possible or released the most likely outcome.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Ottowa has Rippon and Andree that should be locks. Groulx is likely our next best option as Bahl/Okhotiuk/Hoelscher are not likely to be back. Hoelscher would be an unexpected bonus like Hoef this year but I think he deserves to be signed and go to the next level

Reactions: BarberPole9

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Spirit have 8 00's on the roster. Jenkins and Giroux both are probably back next year with Antropov as another solid F. Solovyov I can see getting drafted and then it will be up to management to decide where he goes. King sticks around if Solovyov is gone. Leaves Katic, Goldowski and Frappier. Antropov would be the odd F out if they keep Jenkins, Giroux, and King?

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
The Wolves have Purboo, Serensits, Samuelsson, Robinson, Gilhula, Hutchinson, Pekar as potential OA’s . Pekar is signed and won’t be back, they will not waste an OA spot on Purboo, only one of the defencemen will be back along with two of the forwards

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Kitchener has Wale, MacPherson & Pfeil returning for sure.

other 00’s include Damiani (signed by Dallas), Bergkvist (import, probably gone) and Ingham (not signed)

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
No way Erie gets rid of Duff. Look out for it being Henry out of the two. Sopa has talks of going back home next season so he's probably not in the picture although he should be. MacDougall, who knows. Probably will be back but has been injured all year. We might need a better goalie next year so Murphy may be gone, but an off season decision.

I know that post was just pointing out who is available, but I just wanted to give my thoughts for those seeking an Otter next year.

Last edited:

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

You forgot Robertson, and Dudas for Owen Sound, however unlikely for Dudas to return still not out of the realm of possibilities being part of that age group of players who would be eligible to return as an OA next season.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
You forgot Robertson, and Dudas for Owen Sound, however unlikely for Dudas to return still not out of the realm of possibilities being part of that age group of players who would be eligible to return as an OA next season.

Yeah Dudas is gone to the AHL next year

I didn't have Robertson because I assume he'll stay and OAs would be Robertson and 2 of Popov/Kirwin/McMaster with 1 of those 3 being the other odd man out with Pearson

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
Niagara has 4 00"s none are integral to any success the IceDogs may have. FWIW, we only have 4 01's and again, they are not integral players. I don't think any of: Doherty, Bruder, Theriault or Beraldo will be in demand by other teams as overagers next year (Bruder may get picked up as a third or fourth line centre at the trade deadline) and none of: Cook, Betts, Howard or Campbell will be in high demand by other teams next year when we have the same discussion. NIAGARA OUT!

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Are you counting Grondin, York and Maier as the OAs for the Petes to keep?
I think they’ll keep McNamara over Maier and make 2 import picks......maybe a goalie?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Are you counting Grondin, York and Maier as the OAs for the Petes to keep?
I think they’ll keep McNamara over Maier and make 2 import picks......maybe a goalie?

I figured Grondin, York, Kirk and Maier not being in the OHL. I don't think Arizona is going to sign Kirk so unless he decides he wants to go back to Britain, he'd be back in the O, no?

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I figured Grondin, York, Kirk and Maier not being in the OHL. I don't think Arizona is going to sign Kirk so unless he decides he wants to go back to Britain, he'd be back in the O, no?
Yes that makes more sense to me now.
Definitely keep Kirk over McNamara.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Yes that makes more sense to me now.
Definitely keep Kirk over McNamara.

Petes would just need to decide if they want to use an OA and import spot on the same guy on a rebuilding team.

I would because your 2nd round import pick would be in a very low spot so no chance you're getting a high end guy there. Could always trade Kirk at the deadline for mid round pick or keep him to boost McTavish's numbers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad