2020/2021 Around the League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I still prefer it now because there's no way I can watch a game while my kids are still up (or if I do, I'm going to miss half of it for the 27 hours it takes to get them to bed). It's one of the reasons I happily join the outrage crew for EST starts of HNIC games in Vancouver.

imo all saturday games should be eastern road games with 4 pm starts so i can actually watch with my kid

Reactions: supercanuck

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
See Tkachuk is getting attention from Montreal d. Love his competitiveness but can he battle every game like it is a playoff game and survive the season? He use to take off some non division games but now he seems to play every game full out. I do not think him or Calgary will last playing that physical. They need to out talent some teams.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I can’t help but feel the Senators, while not good, wouldn’t look nearly as bad with good goaltending.

Wow, John Gibson has been ridiculous. Sucks that he's being wasted in Anaheim, imagine him behind a good team.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
See Tkachuk is getting attention from Montreal d. Love his competitiveness but can he battle every game like it is a playoff game and survive the season? He use to take off some non division games but now he seems to play every game full out. I do not think him or Calgary will last playing that physical. They need to out talent some teams.
Yeah, I wondered about that myself. With these teams seeing each other so often, the games will get more emotional and Tkachuk will be in the middle of it on most nights, either because he's stirring it up, or someone's trying to get a piece of him and he retaliates. I wonder how he'll hold up over the season. He's a young guy so I'm sure he'll be fine, but I think later in the season he's going to have some nights where he might think twice about being the center of attention.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Oilers remind me of a guy who lives in a trailer but drives a Bugatti.

One (two in this instance) unbelievable assets they invest in and the rest is trash. Should sell Leon and fix up the rest.

Oiler management, team and fans just cant give up 1 really nice thing so everything else in life can become better too

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Flames just had a players’ only meeting to vent. Going to be a serious meltdown in Cowtown if their guys don’t support Tkatchuck’s battles. God, I hope they keep losing.

Reactions: Mister Wolf

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

One (two in this instance) unbelievable assets they invest in and the rest is trash. Should sell Leon and fix up the rest.

Oiler management, team and fans just cant give up 1 really nice thing so everything else in life can become better too
Maybe keep LD and sell McDavid to balance the lineup?

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015

I think instead of getting rid of one of the big two you need to walk away from RNH and try to spread that money throughout the lineup. If they look like their out of the playoffs I would look to trade him to get some assets back too.

Last edited:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I don’t think trading Draisaitl is the play. Top 5 player in the world on a very good contract. I don’t believe you are going to get proper value back. You can build a decent bottom 6 for cheap, you just gotta be a bit savvy and mostly don’t fall into the trap of paying for names. The backend is obviously more complicated and they have a couple of good pieces (imo- Bear and Nurse) but really need some help on that front, and in net obviously.

I think they just need to get to an adequate level and the talent up front will take over. I think they’re closer than likely many here believe and can make it work with roughly this core.

Mister Wolf

Jan 25, 2021
Flames just had a players’ only meeting to vent. Going to be a serious meltdown in Cowtown if their guys don’t support Tkatchuck’s battles. God, I hope they keep losing.

I’ve always had the feeling there is more than meets the eye in terms of behind the scenes/locker room stuff with them, seems to fail the smell test for me.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I’ve always had the feeling there is more than meets the eye in terms of behind the scenes/locker room stuff with them, seems to fail the smell test for me.
Wonder if Marky,Tanev, and Leivo are saying, “what the hell is this crap?”

Reactions: mathonwy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->