2020/2021 Around the League Thread | Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I watching the Leafs v Flames and I’m getting the impressions Matthews is going to get injured. Already hurt his foot blocking a shot, and crashed into the boards. JUST seems it’s inevitable he suffers a nasty injury, especially if his coach keeps playing him on the Pk.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Wild put a beating on the Avs tonight. Kadri somehow -5 don't think I've ever seen that before. Fiala looks like a shell of his former self not sure what wrong with him but the slack is being picked up by kaprizov who looks like a star.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Naw. Tavares has fallen off a cliff they need a speedy gritty Centre that could move him to wing. Too slow 5on5 to be a threat as a centre.
I mean.....wouldn't Matthews be that speedy gritty centre? And Nylander moves into the 2c spot?

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Ducks blow 3-0 lead too, but at least got a point. Pretty incredible we look pretty solid with 3rd best chance to get the top pick. Watch us win it the year no one wants to win.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Woke up to Twitter and the leafs organization suddenly talking about Matthews dealing with a wrist injury all season.

spare me that BS narrative because he hasn't scored in two games.

You want to see a Public Relations, massive corporate undertaking in action. Look no further.

Last edited:

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Bergevin is a weird GM.

He's probably been the best trader in the NHL over the past 5 years - going hugely against popular wisdom in most of those cases - but he can't turn it into any tangible results.

Domi for Anderson is another that went against the consensus and looks like a home run.

Crawford effect maybe? At least that would fit the timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad