2020/2021 Around the League Thread | Part 2

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Stuart Skinner is their hopeful goalie of the future. He had a late Birthday in the 2017 draft, so spent 2 years of pro and this is his final year on his ELC. If he plays well enough this season in the A, could see EDM bring him in as the backup next season and hope he shows well in his 25-30 starts.

Up front, I know the names of guys like Benson, McLeod, their 1st from this draft Holloway (likely to return for his sophomore season at Wisconsin).
Aside from Yamamoto, what other young forwards are expected to be part of a future 2nd line for them next season?
I don’t know. I’m just saying that if he were on a reasonably deep team, it would be dominant. As far as 2nd line forwards go, Raphael Lavoie definitely has a chance. I think the team has to be willing to move futures as well.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
What will change for the Oilers some the off-season? Projected to have around $57 mill in salary cap commitments next season, so leaving them around $24 million in cap space.
UFAs - RNH, Chiasson, Larsson, Barrie, Smith. They will let Barrie and Chiasson walk to free up almost $6 mill. RNH and Larsson, their ice time and production would need to be replaced. Given the flat cap, both would come in around what they are making right now IMO. So, that $24 mill drops by $11 million down to $13 mill with around 6 roster spots to fill. So, they can add 1 really good UFA in the $5-$6 mill range.

Still relying on Koskinen in net.

Was EDM in on Marky? Because it's currently looking like he would have been better off going there instead of Calgary.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Was EDM in on Marky? Because it's currently looking like he would have been better off going there instead of Calgary.

The Rumours were Edm offered 5X7 for 35M. Markstrom didn't see them as that strong of a contender guess he was turned off by their bubble performance. A big mistake you should always bet on talent like Mcdavid.

Reactions: mossey3535

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
The Rumours were Edm offered 5X7 for 35M. Markstrom didn't see them as that strong of a contender guess he was turned off by their bubble performance. A big mistake you should always bet on talent like Mcdavid.

Yeah, maybe we as Canucks fans shouldn't be talking shit about the viability of Monahan/Gaudreau but if you compare them to McDavid/Draisaitl it seems pretty obvious.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Also, I don't like Tippett all that much but this is his second (barely) full year with the team. Not surprising they've started to settle down a bit under him.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

He also might have just really preferred to live in Calgary over Edmonton.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
He also might have just really preferred to live in Calgary over Edmonton.
Kind of seemed like Marky wanted the most dollars and a NMC. If the Oilers offered more total dollars, and the NMC, they’d have Marky.
It looks like the Oilers don’t need Marky to finish ahead of us, but the Flames do. So, if we are in a planned “shocking reboot” and a high pick is the intention, Marky in .calgary helps us with that end.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Oilers are doing fine now, but unless Koskinen improves by A LOT they will fail in the playoffs again.

IMO they are still too thin on general depth and defence.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Omg I love Hogs. He just DESTROYED that little cat Ehlers. :laugh:
Made him cry and whine, or purr.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->