2020/2021 Around the League Thread | Part 2

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
Marky hasn't looked great tonight, but A) Three of those goals have been the product of some pretty bad down-low/rush coverage, and B) McDavid?

The fact that the Oilers have been as awful as they have been with... that on their team is one of the most damning indictments of roster construction that you'll ever see.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Jesus christ the flames are awful

They need to fire treliving and this shit coach

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I think we're beginning to see the fatigued version of Marky here after being ridden into the ground...

I really thought the Flames would be the 2nd best team in the division.

Same. I expected them to be better than what they've shown in this recent batch of games, what with having added Markstrom and Tanev to shore up their back end. Having Tkachuk-Lindholm to support their top line with Backlund as 3C should be giving them better forward depth, yet they've looked thoroughly mediocre at 5v5.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Markstroms got worn down playing less consecutive games on the Canucks. The flames are running him like this during a condensed season. It's ridiculous.

As much as markstroms is better, Rittich is good enough to run 1/4 games.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I think we're beginning to see the fatigued version of Marky here after being ridden into the ground...

Same. I expected them to be better than what they've shown in this recent batch of games, what with having added Markstrom and Tanev to shore up their back end. Having Tkachuk-Lindholm to support their top line with Backlund as 3C should be giving them better forward depth, yet they've looked thoroughly mediocre at 5v5.

Never bought the Calgary hype, even with Markstrom and Tanev. The only reason they looked good against us early cause we were shit.

Another Oilers goal, this game is well over.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
The Canucks are now third from the bottom in league winning percentage. The "woosh" we'll hear over the next couple of weeks will be teams passing Vancouver in the standings as they make up games in hand.

Reactions: vanuck

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Flames are joining the Canucks in the depths of hell whether they like it or not...

giphy.gif

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Koskinen saw that all the way because Lindholm ain't doing shit with the puck. No fakes or anything.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
If Oilers make the playoffs Mcdavid cruises to his second hart. If he wasn't on a shit team before he'd have more as well.

2Harts
3 Ross'
3Lindsay's

All at the tender age of 24. When it's all said and done his trophy case is gonna blow Crosby's out of the water.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If Oilers make the playoffs Mcdavid cruises to his second hart. If he wasn't on a shit team before he'd have more as well.

2Harts
3 Ross'
3Lindsay's

All at the tender age of 24. When it's all said and done his trophy case is gonna blow Crosby's out of the water.
All those individual awards are great, but Connor needs to lead his team to a Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad