Prospect Info: 2020 186th Overall Pick | G Amir Miftakhov

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Aw jeez, another Russian goalie. Just what will we do in 5 years when he is ready.:rolleyes:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
from instagram

KL8qiYz.png

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
First career KHL shutout for Miftakhov in his first KHL game of the season. This was his 3rd career KHL game, all with Kazan.

I'm not sure what's going to happen with Miftakhov this year. He's spent the past 2 seasons in the VHL but Ak Bars seems to be full in net. Miftakhov's back up today, and yesterday's starter, was 18 year old and 2020 Leafs draft pick Artur Akhtyamov. They also have veteran goalie Adam Reideborn and Timur Bilyalov, who started 36 & 32 games for them last season.

Last edited:

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Dude looked good on previous WJC. Totally outplayed Askarov,was pretty good at the net. But....BUT....this loss in final,last goal was like 75% on him,yeah there was a tough situation and Dman played bad,but dude wasnt able to make a decision quick and Canada scored. I still see that goal in my nightmares. Russia was so close to win :(
But if he progresses he could be NHL goalie,most of games i saw him he looked confident. Good pick for us,he can be very valuable if we someday trade him,or he can be good goalie for us,dont think that he will be as good as Vasy,but he will be strong at net

DeeVeeUss

Apr 12, 2017
Naples, FL
Undersized goalie but plays technical game well. Will be interesting to see how he grows into the game. That said, he'll need more opportunities than AK can give currently

Reactions: Peacefool

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Miftakhov with a 1-0 OT loss in his 2nd game. Kazan did score earlier in the game, but the goal was reviewed and taken off the board. Otherwise, it could have been back-to-back shutouts.

Miftakhov has made 47/48 saves combined in his first 2 KHL games of the season.

Амир Мифтахов: «Не замечаю, кто бросает. Я просто должен ловить каждый бросок»
google translated: You haven't missed more than 120 minutes. Can you call your game successful?

- I can't say anything yet, I have to watch my game. Watch mistakes, they are always there.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Rough day for Miftakhov. Head coach Dmitri Kvartalnov said that after starting the last 3 games they wanted to give him a rest so 18 year old Akhtyamov was set as the starter. That lasted only 4 minutes and 14 seconds into the game before he was pulled after giving up an early goal. Kvartalnov said post game he didn't look ready and had Miftakhov replace him. So much for rest. Miftakhov let in 6 goals on 27 shots the rest of the way and essentially had to play a full game.

Miftakhov and Ak Bars had shutout this same team a week ago 4-0 on the road.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Miftakhov back in net today as the starter for the win.

Of the 4 games he has started, he's only let in 2 regulation time goals.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad