Prospect Info: 201st overall — C Alexander Kadeykin

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
No, you have rights to Euro players for 4 years. He is no longer our property at this point.

We lost him and Vahtalo over this last summer.

Then that means Rangers lost Shestyorkin, are you sure it is not this summer that Kadeykin's rights expire?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'm not sure but Russia could have different kind of rules than other europeans, because they didn't agree with the transfer agreement.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I'm not sure but Russia could have different kind of rules than other europeans, because they didn't agree with the transfer agreement.

I thought you could toll the rights until 26 with the KHL guys.

Not sure we would have done the process, I know we did with Grigorenko for several years in the hopes he might find his way back to NA. I think we also held Dick Axelsson and Johan Ryno for a few years both loaning them back and then holding some option for a period of time if I remember right.

vicehf

Sep 14, 2013
I believe teams hold Russian player's rights until they're 27, actually. Nikita Gusev was drafted by the Lightning in 2012 and has never signed a NHL contract, but the Lightning and Vegas have held his NHL rights, with one more year remaining. Since he was born on July 8th, he won't be eligible to sign with a NHL team until July 1st, 2020.

It would be nice if Shestyorkin or Sorokin were UFA this summer since the Red Wings are one of the teams that need to look for a goaltender of the future and would be able to provide a heavy amount of starts to a young goaltender with great upside.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Almost 2 years later, he is still not signed. He just turned 27, do you reckon he gets signed this year? His KHL contract ends this year and our rights expire after next year.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Didn't notice that he was drafted as an overager, like six years ago he was 20-year old and turned 21 instantly after draft.

Yzerman should empty that contract logjam a bit to make his signing anyhow reasonable. Could think he gets paid too well in KHL to be interested of NHL minimum.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Pretty sure the ship has sailed on this guy. He's 27. There were weird rumors that he was coming to NA this season, but then he didn't. I don't see a 28yo who has never played in NA becoming an NHLer all of a sudden.

Val

Jan 19, 2021
Is this guy even worth signing?
I think that Kadeykin is a good center for 3rd line NHL. I don't know if it makes sense to look for a 3rd liner in Russia o_O He is highly rated in the KHL for some reason. Therefore, he will not go to dangle like Svechnikov

Reactions: lilidk

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Pretty sure the ship has sailed on this guy. He's 27. There were weird rumors that he was coming to NA this season, but then he didn't. I don't see a 28yo who has never played in NA becoming an NHLer all of a sudden.
I think he could be a bottom-6 forward, he has the tools but the adjustment would definitely the biggest question mark. Would help to have some other Russians on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad