Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I actually really like Cavani. It's easier for me to look past finishing issues from a striker if he contributes to the rest of the game.

In Cavani's case , he goes above and beyond what you could ever expect from a big time striker in terms of work rate. The guy is an animal , and plays with a rare energy/edge to his game. Even when he plays "badly" he still makes a positive impact with his selfless attitude and will to win. His movement/positioning is tremendous, as well.

He may not be the most gifted striker in the world , but he never shies away from a big game. Which certainly was an issue for his successor in Naples. I'm never worried about Cavani's mentality when the chips are down. Missing sitters or not , he's always ready to battle.

He's a total gamer and a good leader. There's not a lot of 9's I'd take over him.

Last edited:
Reactions: ecemleafs

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I was certain Martial was gone and then suddenly there’s rumors of him negotiating a 5 year extension. So I have no idea what to believe.

They have to get him signed even if he's not the long term plan. He's got one year as an option left. That's not gonna bring in much in a transfer.

Even if he signs a 5 year deal tomorrow, he could be gone in the summer. Depends on Mourinho's future I think.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
They have to get him signed even if he's not the long term plan. He's got one year as an option left. That's not gonna bring in much in a transfer.

Even if he signs a 5 year deal tomorrow, he could be gone in the summer. Depends on Mourinho's future I think.

I meant if he wants to force a move out, not signing a deal is the way to do it.

Him signing a deal doesn’t mean he’s staying, but it does indicate he’s not hellbent on forcing his way out.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Milan need a CEO who can increase revenue to allow Leonardo to do his work on transfers. It's not Gazidis' fault that Wenger and the board didn't want to spend any money.

He got us a shit kit deal compared to rival teams, relied on Wenger's brilliance until he went senile, didn't push to make a signing when they should've won the league in 2016, and said that Arsenal are following the Leicester City model of trying to win a title (His actual words!). The tweet you provided is due to the natural growth of the PL market in recent years. He is a fraud.

Reactions: S E P H

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
He got us a **** kit deal compared to rival teams, relied on Wenger's brilliance until he went senile, didn't push to make a signing when they should've won the league in 2016, and said that Arsenal are following the Leicester City model of trying to win a title (His actual words!). The tweet you provided is due to the natural growth of the PL market in recent years. He is a fraud.
Arsenal's new kit deal with Adidas is the third biggest in the world behind Barca and United. How is that shit?

And Wenger was in charge of transfers, not Gazidis. Gazidis' job was to make the club sustainable on their own revenue, and he succeeded.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Arsenal's new kit deal with Adidas is the third biggest in the world being Barca and United. How is that ****?
All the teams behind them will get more lucrative contracts after a year or two.

Utd got £75m a year from Adidas, Chelsea £60m a year from Nike, while Arsenal were making £30m on the deal that Gazidis orchestrated with Puma.

The commercial growth of Arsenal is mainly due to the overall growth of the PL. I guess Gazidis is gonna fool people for a few years longer as Serie A is also having a natural growth due to CR7 and all. He'll take the credit for the numbers there.

Same shit will happen with this rumored Adidas deal. I

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
All the teams behind them will get more lucrative contracts after a year or two.

Utd got £75m a year from Adidas, Chelsea £60m a year from Nike, while Arsenal were making £30m on the deal that Gazidis orchestrated with Puma.

The commercial growth of Arsenal is mainly due to the overall growth of the PL. I guess Gazidis is gonna fool people for a few years longer as Serie A is also having a natural growth due to CR7 and all. He'll take the credit for the numbers there.

Same **** will happen with this rumored Adidas deal. I
Arsenal's new deal with Adidas is worth £60m and at the time their Puma deal was signed £30m was a lot of money. In fact, that Puma deal would still be the 6th largest in the world. Chelsea signed their kit deal 3 years after Arsenal signed their Puma deal, and you can't even compare United and Arsenal because the difference between the two clubs is massive. You can make any excuse you want, but for a club of Arsenal's stature getting a top 3 kit deal in the world is a coup. Great job moving the goalposts though.

Arsenal's revenues were growing even before the TV deal (which accounts for less than half of their revenue increase). They don't have an owner pumping money into the club like City or the global reach like United. Sustainable growth is important and if you don't believe me, just look at where Leeds and Portsmouth are right now.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Arsenal's new deal with Adidas is worth £60m and at the time their Puma deal was signed £30m was a lot of money. In fact, that Puma deal would still be the 6th largest in the world. Chelsea signed their kit deal 3 years after Arsenal signed their Puma deal, and you can't even compare United and Arsenal because the difference between the two clubs is massive. You can make any excuse you want, but for a club of Arsenal's stature getting a top 3 kit deal in the world is a coup. Great job moving the goalposts though.

Arsenal's revenues were growing even before the TV deal (which accounts for less than half of their revenue increase). They don't have an owner pumping money into the club like City or the global reach like United. Sustainable growth is important and if you don't believe me, just look at where Leeds and Portsmouth are right now.
Gazidis didn't do anything special to ensure that. Tottenham are a self-sustaining club as are Everton, Liverpool, etc.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Gazidis didn't do anything special to ensure that. Tottenham are a self-sustaining club as are Everton, Liverpool, etc.
And Arsenal rakes in more revenue than all of those clubs, as well as every other Premier League club with the exception of United and City.

Their success on the field has been questionable, but Gazidis wasn't responsible for transfers. Blame the board and Wegner for lack of spending.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
And Arsenal rakes in more revenue than all of those clubs, as well as every other Premier League club with the exception of United and City.

Their success on the field has been questionable, but Gazidis wasn't responsible for transfers. Blame the board and Wegner for lack of spending.

Gazidis implementing StatDNA played a part in the mediocre signings of Welbeck, Elneny and Gabriel.

Swiss Ramble exposed how much of a fraud Gazidis was.

Reactions: S E P H

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
A week or two back Rakitic mentioned something about a new contract despite the fact he just signed one last season. Then Bartomeu came out and said that the club wouldn't be revisiting his contract this season. Rakitic has now said that the important thing is that he's happy and that he and his family are currently very happy.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008

Milan need a CEO who can increase revenue to allow Leonardo to do his work on transfers. It's not Gazidis' fault that Wenger and the board didn't want to spend any money.

Are you sure Wenger didn't want to spend money? I would flip it and say it's not Wenger's fault Kroenke and Gazidis didn't want to spend money.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Are you sure Wenger didn't want to spend money? I would flip it and say it's not Wenger's fault Kroenke and Gazidis didn't want to spend money.
Arsenal have spent money, though not at Liverpool, Man City, or United's level...

- Spent 79 million Euros compared to 6.4 million of income in 18/19.
- 63.8 million for Aubameyang
- 53 million for Lacazette
- 45 million for Xhaka
- 41 million for Mustafi
- 14 million for Perez
- 42.5 million for Sanchez
- 20.2 million for Chambers
- 20 million for Welbeck
- 50 million for Ozil

That's why I am not as anti-Kroenke as most Gooners, but some of these buys have been awful and Arsenal under Gazidis/Wenger era never got that "one other big player" as Liverpool have done. In Liverpool, they got Mane, Salah, and got that next big player in Keita. The next season they bought VvD and got the next big player in Jorginho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad