Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part III

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Roma's apparently close to signing Vida.

Not a game changing move, but I hope he can help our terrible defense

He will. Still baffles me people sleep on him. Easily Besiktas' best player since he got there, but the club is in financial trouble, they have to sell most guys on high wages.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The deal was dead last week from Arsenal's power, not Barca

What I read at the time was Barca rejected because they were only interested in selling. Arsenal evidently kept pushing and the re-signing dealt with the issue. I mean, I don't even see what it matters, but what you are saying absolutely goes everything I have read about the deal to date.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I watched him when he got there and he was pretty bad, maybe he cleaned it up lately?

He struggled last season (he got there in the winter), has been very good this season, probably Besiktas' best player (this season).

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Don't think Roma problem is the D. Yeah, the goalkeeper is really a bust but with that midfield every D would be in difficulty.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Arsenal in talks to sign Yannick Carrasco.

Always felt he had mega upside to his game.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yacine Adli to Bordeaux for 5m.

Should've joined arsenal this summer as he'd be starting plenty of games like Guendouzi.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Arsenal in real talks over Nkunku now. Would be nice if they could get that done...

The whole Perisic thing has apparently fizzled out and now Inter are all mad at him for stirring the pot lol

Reactions: S E P H

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Kagawa to Monaco (on loan).
Also Bild reports Julian Weigl wanted to PSG this winter, but BvB denied.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
If you are happy with Zonzi, Pellegrini and De Rossi...

I am. Also Cristante.

Fazio and Juan Jesus are beyond awful. Marcano is somehow worse.Kolarov's legs are shot and he doesn't have much enthusiam towards defending even on his best days. Florenzi is a utility player on a good team , and Karsdorp has finally just returned and no one would confuse him for a defensive stalwart.

How you could think our defense isn't a serious issue is beyond me. Manolas is the only one worth a damn.

mfilipo3

Jan 13, 2017
According to L'Equipe Real is offering 26mil for Dani Olmo. Olmo signed as a 16 year old by Dinamo from La Masia for 200k, if this goes through he will become one of the best investments Dinamo ever made. Hopefully, he stays in ZG until end of the season to help in Europa league.
Do you think he will commit to Croatia NT? I heard rumblings that he was willing to do so befoore, but has since represented Spain for u-21

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Do you think he will commit to Croatia NT? I heard rumblings that he was willing to do so befoore, but has since represented Spain for u-21

I think there's no chance. He said he wants to play for Spain and they are watching him closely. Something unforeseen should happen for him to pick Croatia.

mfilipo3

Jan 13, 2017
I think there's no chance. He said he wants to play for Spain and they are watching him closely. Something unforeseen should happen for him to pick Croatia.

Croatia could really use him. He'd probably be a regular in starting 11 within the next few years if he keeps up, whereas he would never be more than a bit-part player for Spain.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Croatia could really use him. He'd probably be a regular in starting 11 within the next few years if he keeps up, whereas he would never be more than a bit-part player for Spain.

Well yeah, but he's a Spaniard and even though he spent his formative years here he should play for Spain. This isn't a case of Eduardo who came over raw without any real tactical discipline, this is a kid who already had pretty sound foundations which he got in Spain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad