Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part III

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I’m just wondering if there might be a change coming. BVB have already indicated there is. I’m not arguing the case - more curious as there are users on here knowing a lot more about the Bundesliga than I do.

Bayern's financial advantage over other Bundesliga clubs has grown considerably in even the last 10 years. As long as they have that, they can afford to make a ton of mistakes and not lose their long-term superiority over other German clubs. More likely, this is just a down stretch and they will bounce back with a force once they bite the bullet and spend a lot of money to revamp their squad and management group.

Reactions: Dabeast and YNWA14

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah I suppose it's better than the nothing I was coming to expect and I always try to stay optimistic about incoming players, plus one imagines he could have something to prove, but there's always an asterisk beside any move where the motivations seems to largely be "well, I've coached him before".
Agreed, but better than the direction we were going with Wenger and Ivan the Terrible. Which reminds me, there is a rumour floating out there that Juve might potentially want Mustafi as a replacement for Benatia.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Bild says that Leverkusen and Bayern are after BVB U19 midfielder Tobias Raschl, whose contract expires in the summer. Gladbach were previously rumored to be interested as well. BVB are letting him train with the senior team, in an apparent effort to convince him that he will get his opportunity to develop with them.

Reactions: Dabeast

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Agreed, but better than the direction we were going with Wenger and Ivan the Terrible. Which reminds me, there is a rumour floating out there that Juve might potentially want Mustafi as a replacement for Benatia.
They already signed Caceres as their Benatia replacement.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Good test for MLS as a feeder league.

I'm not sure how well it's gonna work for him there.

He's gonna be going from being the focal point on a team that was the best offensive team in their league, to chasing long balls from Jonjo Shelvey and trying to take on 3 guys himself. We'll see I guess.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm not sure how well it's gonna work for him there.

He's gonna be going from being the focal point on a team that was the best offensive team in their league, to chasing long balls from Jonjo Shelvey and trying to take on 3 guys himself. We'll see I guess.
Agreed, I'm not sure it's a great fit, but if it does work, I bet we see a lot more SA talent going to MLS, Atlanta specifically, like Pity Martinez recently, and then moving to Europe.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bild says that Leverkusen and Bayern are after BVB U19 midfielder Tobias Raschl, whose contract expires in the summer. Gladbach were previously rumored to be interested as well. BVB are letting him train with the senior team, in an apparent effort to convince him that he will get his opportunity to develop with them.

I’ve never seen this lad play, but I’ve read good things about him. Send Weigl to PSG in the summer, and he can replace Weigl’s role in the squad.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Well he came here pretty young, he as much of a product of Dinamo’s school as of La Masia if not more. Furthermore they let him him because Zubi thought he wasn’t going to make it. He’ll be a great player in the future.

As for position, he never played RB, he’s a winger.

He spent seven years in La Masia and left Barça at 16. I'd say he's pretty firmly a product of La Masia. That's not to discount his development at Dinamo, but it looks as though that's probably more down to playing time at a particular level than coaching alone. He was already playing for the Spain U-16s before leaving La Masia.

I wouldn't put his departure at Zubi's feet. Maybe he thought he wasn't going to make it, I don't recall, but that sort of decision would have rested more in the hands of La Masia's technical staff. Also, the player himself says he took the decision to leave.

I'm confusing him with somebody else who was a RB and who looked similar. Can't for the life of me think of who that was. Hard to keep them all apart when there's essentially a new class every year.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
No joke, lol. Dead last week and it seems that Arsenal had a better poker face than Barca did. He's a solid BxBer who's probably a jack-of-all-trades that does nothing amazing. Supposed to be Ramsey's replacement, but I see him more of an upgrade on El Neny personally. He's not a sexy get by any means, but considering that our midfield is bad I will gladly take him. We really to get Nkunku though, he's my first target after some defencive help (which we might not be getting, lol).

I'm not going to bother with the rest of it, but you're completely wrong about the "poker face" nonsense. The deal would have never happened had Barça not agreed an extension with the player. That way if Arsenal pass on him the contract situation doesn't make it more difficult to get a good fee for him.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm not going to bother with the rest of it, but you're completely wrong about the "poker face" nonsense. The deal would have never happened had Barça not agreed an extension with the player. That way if Arsenal pass on him the contract situation doesn't make it more difficult to get a good fee for him.

The deal was dead last week from Arsenal's power, not Barca, Barca wants him off the club as soon as humanly possible. Arsenal on the other hand can't buy players this winter so they must wait until the summer to make an official decision. Barca didn't want that, they wanted him gone as soon as possible as they have a private jet on their speed dial, but Arsenal said no. Barca caved in, signed him to an extension and bought into Arsenal's demands for a loan with just an option to buy instead of an actual transfer fee. Not sure why you hated the "poker face" comment so much for such a secondary player for you guys'? He didn't do anything for you and probably won't be a difference maker even on our team.

Jardim is trying to dump Tielemans to an EPL team. Leicester seems interested.
Wait who? Did I miss something or have I been living in a parallel universe the past month?

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Roma's apparently close to signing Vida.

Not a game changing move, but I hope he can help our terrible defense

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
The deal was dead last week from Arsenal's power, not Barca, Barca wants him off the club as soon as humanly possible. Arsenal on the other hand can't buy players this winter so they must wait until the summer to make an official decision. Barca didn't want that, they wanted him gone as soon as possible as they have a private jet on their speed dial, but Arsenal said no. Barca caved in, signed him to an extension and bought into Arsenal's demands for a loan with just an option to buy instead of an actual transfer fee. Not sure why you hated the "poker face" comment so much for such a secondary player for you guys'? He didn't do anything for you and probably won't be a difference maker even on our team.

Wait who? Did I miss something or have I been living in a parallel universe the past month?

You absolutely do live in a parallel universe my friend.

If they wanted him out of the club as soon as humanly possible they would have taken the deal last week and not bothered with an extension. Simple as that. They're looking to make some money off of him when a transfer to wherever materializes. And I didn't "hate" much less "dislike" the poker face comment. Just setting you straight, again. Denis costs us very little in the grand scheme of things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad