Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part III

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Maybe, but it was still an asset lost for nothing, along with a bit of a trouble during the season.

I do think the Dybala and cash swap that is being kicked around is a bit funny. I think Liverpool would have to think about that pending on the and cash value. It’s all silly because Salah isn’t moving but whatever sells papers I guess.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Dybala is more talented and younger Than Salah however given how Klopp sets up his team there isn't a better player for it than Salah.Although Klopp is savvy enough to put Dybala where he belongs and get the best out of him.

If they make the move it will be Klopps decision and the kop should trust his judgment.

Reactions: Juve

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Age difference isn’t big enough to matter any in my opinion.

Love Dybala, but I can’t help thinking he will forever be that player that could have been. Of course if Salah for whatever reason wants to leave and Liverpool can get Dybala and some serious cash - then you do the deal. If Salah is happy with staying I wouldn’t do the deal almost regardless. So few players that reaches the level Salah has at any club. If Dybala doesn’t adapt then Liverpool could risk dropping out of top 4 the way the PL is these days.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Dybala is more talented and younger Than Salah however given how Klopp sets up his team there isn't a better player for it than Salah.Although Klopp is savvy enough to put Dybala where he belongs and get the best out of him.

If they make the move it will be Klopps decision and the kop should trust his judgment.

Meh coaches don’t make that much a difference either way :sarcasm:

Reactions: Gecklund

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I also don’t know that Dybala is that much more talented. Salah’s score rate, impact and pure statistics in his short time in Liverpool are absurd. They’re different players, but it’s not like Salah isn’t talented.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Also I'll say as I've said since Torres, Suarez, etc. If a player has their heart set on leaving (I'm sure Salah doesn't) then give them the boot. Team unity and chemistry is so important in today's game that it supersedes the individual talent, and there's so many talented players now that they're, for the most part, easy enough to replace if you have enough money/draw.
I also don’t know that Dybala is that much more talented. Salah’s score rate, impact and pure statistics in his short time in Liverpool are absurd. They’re different players, but it’s not like Salah isn’t talented.
The real question is whether or not Dybala would even have more of an impact than Shaqiri at this point @Duchene2MacKinnon

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I have always had a soft spot for Dybala would love him at Liverpool. But where exactly is his best position? 10? second striker? Not exactly sure where he would fit in Liverpool

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Dybala is so overrated. I've watched the guy since his Palermo days and since moving to Juve he's not even half as good as I thought he'd be. He shows flashes of brilliance followed by long stretches of mediocrity. I don't think he'll ever find that consistency, which is too bad because him and Vazquez were absolutely insane together at Palermo. They singlehandedly saved that team from relegation.

I thought he'd be a Ballon D'or contender by now.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I do prefer Shaqiri’s celebrations.

GettyImages-981446868.jpg

dybala.juve.esulta.occhi.2016.2017.356x237.jpg

It's close but yeah Shaqiri is much much better all things considered.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I have always had a soft spot for Dybala would love him at Liverpool. But where exactly is his best position? 10? second striker? Not exactly sure where he would fit in Liverpool

False 9! He's a striker who can help immensely in the build up play as a creator. 2 jobs at once.

Who knows. At the moment I would say second from the left on the bench.

Yeah, because Allgeri is an idiot.

Dybala is so overrated. I've watched the guy since his Palermo days and since moving to Juve he's not even half as good as I thought he'd be. He shows flashes of brilliance followed by long stretches of mediocrity. I don't think he'll ever find that consistency, which is too bad because him and Vazquez were absolutely insane together at Palermo. They singlehandedly saved that team from relegation.

I thought he'd be a Ballon D'or contender by now.

He's overrated because you watched him at his time in Palermo (playing his natural position) and had unrealistic expectations? Hmm or maybe he's as good as you thought and his new team/coach should play him where they get the best out of him.

Dragged Juve to the finals as their best player and was there best player last year but what ahem you done for me lately I guess.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
He's overrated because you watched him at his time in Palermo (playing his natural position) and had unrealistic expectations? Hmm or maybe he's as good as you thought and his new team/coach should play him where they get the best out of him.
My expectations of him were not unrealistic considering his play and consistency at Palermo. He has yet to show any sort of consistency whatsoever at Juventus and that's got nothing to do with where he's played. He's got too much talent to go missing as often as he does.

Dragged Juve to the finals as their best player and was there best player last year but what ahem you done for me lately I guess.
And then proceeded to have an absolutely abysmal performance in the final. That seems to be a trend with this current generation of Argentinians.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Dybala would take some of his minutes.

Heck, him motivated and into what Klopp sells (that’s a big question for me) would be a fabulous addition.

But this whole discussion is silly

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Meh, just last month, we've seen discussions about PSG being after Mourinho, Neymar faking injury and going under the knife in order to be ready for his sister's birthday, the great Ashley Young shutting down Mbappe, Cavani out being a good thing for PSG, etc...
It's only fair some of that shit spreads to Liverpool :D

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Dybala would take some of his minutes.

Heck, him motivated and into what Klopp sells (that’s a big question for me) would be a fabulous addition.

But this whole discussion is silly

I agree he'd be a great addition (to any club). I'm a big fan.

I'm just saying Bobby has that position tied down. What Klopp asks of Firmino (and what he provides) isn't just a case of talent.

Imo, he makes the whole thing tick.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I agree he'd be a great addition (to any club). I'm a big fan.

I'm just saying Bobby has that position tied down. What Klopp asks of Firmino (and what he provides) isn't just a case of talent.

Imo, he makes the whole thing tick.
He's certainly one of the most important pieces.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
My expectations of him were not unrealistic considering his play and consistency at Palermo. He has yet to show any sort of consistency whatsoever at Juventus and that's got nothing to do with where he's played. He's got too much talent to go missing as often as he does.

Consistent when he played his natural position insanity how that worked out?

And then proceeded to have an absolutely abysmal performance in the final. That seems to be a trend with this current generation of Argentinians.

Abysmal yet conceded 1 goal in 3 finals hmm. Also that whole Juve team was trash that game Buffon,Chellini and everyone included why single out Dybala?

And the one before :DD

1 goal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad