OT: 2019 Winnipeg Blue Bombers Next Stop the 107th Grey Cup vs. the Ti-Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011

I would not be so quick to write Zack off -- win or lose -- the Bombers may try to sign him for a 1 year deal, and a great price to start as a backup to Nichols -- which he'd likely take.

With that being said -- I think they should take a serious run at Arbuckle -- he looks like he's got the whole package to me -- great touch.

Just say no to Nichols.

PegCityJets9

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
twitter.com
Well the thing is that you can only have 2 QB's on the roster starting next season and McGuire is already signed for next year. Lets hope he would be willing to take a PR spot leaving us realistically with these options for 2 active roster QB's:

Streveler
Nichols
Arbuckle
Masoli
Collaros

I think we should absolutely try to bring back Streveler and keep working on him as a passer but I would say Arbuckle is my #1 guy and then Masoli.

Reactions: Mbraunm

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
If you sign Collaros you give up a first rounder, so you would need to have him as your starter.

I like Masoli over Arbuckle, but both of those guys are heads and tails above everyone else on the potential starters list.

Reactions: Mbraunm

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Well the thing is that you can only have 2 QB's on the roster starting next season and McGuire is already signed for next year. Lets hope he would be willing to take a PR spot leaving us realistically with these options for 2 active roster QB's:

Streveler
Nichols
Arbuckle
Masoli
Collaros

I think we should absolutely try to bring back Streveler and keep working on him as a passer but I would say Arbuckle is my #1 guy and then Masoli.

If you don't have an arm you don't have an arm, Streveler is fine for a 3rd string running QB but that's about it!

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think the Bombers defence is very underrated, as shown by the great red zone stands they made against Sask.

I have not seen this QB for Hamilton play that much at all, but he's supposed to have a great arm and threw for over 400 yards against Edmonton.

If the Bombers defence can pick him 1 or 2 times, and Collaros is on his game, like he was against Sask --we should be in for a close game, and if Harris is running well -- we have a great chance to win this game.

GO BOMBERS !!!

Last edited:

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
If you sign Collaros you give up a first rounder, so you would need to have him as your starter.

I like Masoli over Arbuckle, but both of those guys are heads and tails above everyone else on the potential starters list.
Why? How many first rounders even end up making the team. Streveler brings a proven skill set so why gamble?

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Collaros, Grey Cup wise is one and done here, whatever the outcome of the Grey Cup (Bomber win of course), he will in all probability not be back next here

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Why? How many first rounders even end up making the team. Streveler brings a proven skill set so why gamble?

Walter's is 7/8 or so on 1st rounders, including several starters, a couple young guys who are already key contributors pushing for starting roles as rookies/2nd year players. 1st round picks are how Bombers have rebuilt this roster.

Collaros nor Winnipeg are interested in Collaros next year Grey cup or not. Masoli and Arbuckle are both much better than even rejuvenated Collaros and both are available. Only OTT and WPG need starters next year. Collaros will be going back to TOR.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Just curious, how much do individual players receive for winning the Grey Cup?

None

Feb 22, 2012
Just curious, how much do individual players receive for winning the Grey Cup?

As of the 2014 CBA -
$8000 per player for the runners up and $16000 per player for the winners paid from the league's revenue for the game. The winners also get a Grey Cup ring from the team valued anywhere from $15000-30000 each.

It's possible that playoff compensation has gone up with the new CBA, but the details of the new CBA aren't fully public.

Reactions: sipowicz

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I feel like every time we go to the Grey Cup post-Khari, we have a bizarre QB story. Ol' blue eyes in his 1st start, Buck being duck taped together and now the gentleman with impeccable teeth who will be a Bomber for an ephemeral moment in time.

The ghosts of 2001 still haunt me. Marc Boerigter is the name I have given to the monster under my bed.

Reactions: hui43210 and Ggg99

hui43210

Mar 8, 2015
Ottawa, ON
I feel like every time we go to the Grey Cup post-Khari, we have a bizarre QB story. Ol' blue eyes in his 1st start, Buck being duck taped together and now the gentleman with impeccable teeth who will be a Bomber for an ephemeral moment in time.

The ghosts of 2001 still haunt me. Marc Boerigter is the name I have given to the monster under my bed.

That team getting beat by Marcus Crandell of all people is one of the great injustices in CFL history.... And my grade 6 teacher said we would have a party on the Monday to celebrate if the Bombers won, but instead we got regular school just to rub salt in the wound!

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Walter's is 7/8 or so on 1st rounders, including several starters, a couple young guys who are already key contributors pushing for starting roles as rookies/2nd year players. 1st round picks are how Bombers have rebuilt this roster.

Collaros nor Winnipeg are interested in Collaros next year Grey cup or not. Masoli and Arbuckle are both much better than even rejuvenated Collaros and both are available. Only OTT and WPG need starters next year. Collaros will be going back to TOR.

I hope the Bombers sign Arbuckle -- I like his style. From what I've seen, he's everything you want in a quarterback. Not so sure on Masoli tho ? and he's also coming off off injury.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

I hope the Bombers sign Arbuckle -- I like his style. From what I've seen, he's everything you want in a quarterback. Not so sure on Masoli tho ? and he's also coming off off injury.

Arbuckle is under contract. Going to cost a pretty penny in assets from a trade. Calgary going to sit back and see who loses out between Ottawa and Winnipeg in the Masoli sweepstakes and hold the other team up for ransom.

Masoli was a consensus top 3 QB in CFL pre injury. Hes not old, hell be back to 100% next year. His strong arm mobile QB style will complement Streveler better than Arbuckle quick strike immobile version. Style wise Masoli is more Collaros (but better) and Arbuckle is more Nichols (but better). I like the Masoli style better as a complement to the run game and Streveler.

Either way I dont care at all about this right now. We have more important things to think about for this weekend.

Last edited:

Chewmasey

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
Arbuckle is under contract. Going to cost a pretty penny in assets from a trade. Calgary going to sit back and see who loses out between Ottawa and Winnipeg in the Masoli sweepstakes and hold the other team up for ransom.

Masoli was a consensus top 3 QB in CFL pre injury. Hes not old, hell be back to 100% next year. His strong arm mobile QB style will complement Streveler better than Arbuckle quick strike immobile version. Style wise Masoli is more Collaros (but better) and Arbuckle is more Nichols (but better). I like the Masoli style better as a complement to the run game and Streveler.

Either way I dont care at all about this right now. We have more important things to think about for this weekend.

Arbuckle is a free agent come February.

Reactions: GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad