OT: 2019 Vancouver Whitecaps

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Tweets from GlassCity, citing "multiple sources" – reminder that passing on this information on a public web forum does not constitute any statement as to its veracity or the reliability of the sources:

If anyone is unfamiliar about the "Avid/BASE" issue, a primer is here:

Questions Abound About Whitecaps’ Relationship to Super Agent After Lenarduzzi Radio Appearance.

Are these quotes suggesting the previous Cap’s regime was corrupt? Corruption in soccer?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yes, that the former manager and his agent connection had a vested interest in steering Davies toward one offer rather than another (that would have been more lucrative for the team).
The team is losing on and off the field. They might be in for a big fall in attendance.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
The team is losing on and off the field. They might be in for a big fall in attendance.

Took me 7 years to lose interest in the Whitecaps FC. Loved watching the USL Whitecaps. Organization had more heart and Swanguard bred a more intimate environment. The owners right now do not give a shit about success or quality. The time to win was when they had Davies and they f***ing blew. Bottom 4 in payroll last season in the MLS with Davies. ****ing idiots.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Took me 7 years to lose interest in the Whitecaps FC. Loved watching the USL Whitecaps. Organization had more heart and Swanguard bred a more intimate environment. The owners right now do not give a **** about success or quality. The time to win was when they had Davies and they ****ing blew. Bottom 4 in payroll last season in the MLS with Davies. ****ing idiots.
I wonder if the owner pulled the pin on this team when his downtime waterfront stadium deal didn’t go through?

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Some news. No further moves expected on the Caps front. Expectation this will be a "transition year" and they will be looking to build towards developing the squad for the 2020 season.

Disregard GlassCity post. I hated Robbo and his tactics but the decision to sell Davies to Bayren was made with the organizations approval along with Soccer Canada as they all felt and knew he could develop with Bayren over PSG (would have been disastrous to his development).

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Some news. No further moves expected on the Caps front. Expectation this will be a "transition year" and they will be looking to build towards developing the squad for the 2020 season.

Disregard GlassCity post. I hated Robbo and his tactics but the decision to sell Davies to Bayren was made with the organizations approval along with Soccer Canada as they all felt and knew he could develop with Bayren over PSG (would have been disastrous to his development).

Does the player get any say in his transfer?

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC

They got lucky by having Seattle and the Galaxy at home back to back. This way they'll get good attendance because of their opponents and spin it like they're still relevant in this city.

As long as Bobby Lenarduzzi is apart of this franchise in any way, shape, or form, I'll continue to boycott. He's clearly one of the most incompetent executives in the league.

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
I can’t believe that I’m apathetic towards my favorite sports team of all time

Had season tix at Swangard and was a die hard caps MLS supporter

Fire Dos Santos and start spending some of the Davies money as mandated by Don Garber

I see Garbers point in the Caps needing to spend big on a Euro DP, caps might just be one of the worst road draws in the League.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Garber should fine these asshats if they don't spend the money on actual talent by a certain date.

Forces them to not pocket the money an invest in the on-field product.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..

Larin reportedly has the Caps interested.

Would look nice up top as a target man with Montero in behind him as a 2nd striker. Canadian is always a plus, as well.

Reactions: MS and Tryamkin

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
The whitecaps according to Croatian radio are targeting Alan Halilovic

Pretty decent player

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Caps given a PK, highly debatable lol but they deserve one after the past few games issues.

But the player tried to be fancy with a chip. It didn’t work and was saved.

Reactions: 3rd Sedin

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Vancouver
Caps given a PK, highly debatable lol but they deserve one after the past few games issues.

But the player tried to be fancy with a chip. It didn’t work and was saved.

Early candidate for worst PK of the MLS season. You know it's bad when the keeper dives prematurely, has a moment to look behind him, and scoop the ball off the ground without breaking a sweat.

Perplexing decision by Adnan. I almost wonder if he stubbed his foot in the turf prior to connecting to the ball.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Early candidate for worst PK of the MLS season. You know it's bad when the keeper dives prematurely, has a moment to look behind him, and scoop the ball off the ground without breaking a sweat.

Perplexing decision by Adnan. I almost wonder if he stubbed his foot in the turf prior to connecting to the ball.

Funny thing is that a player has more chance of scoring a goal when he goes down the middle rather either side. He just miskicked it.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Absolutely shameful that the caps have not spent their Davies money on a star dp. Man.., the white caps would be so much bigger it only they would spend money.

It’s time for bobby to go . What a disaster of a franchise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad