OT: 2019 Vancouver Whitecaps

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Where are you hearing the Moroccan LB information?

This guy has nailed almost every signing before it happened. Though he is quoting someone else for this.

Called the Montero, Ardaiz, Venuto, Lass, Khmiri, Hwang, Rose, Erice, Godoy and Cornelius. Also called the guys leaving (like Blondell) before they happened too. Definitely has a strong source within the Whitecaps.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..

This guy has nailed almost every signing before it happened. Though he is quoting someone else for this.

Called the Montero, Ardaiz, Venuto, Lass, Khmiri, Hwang, Rose, Erice, Godoy and Cornelius. Also called the guys leaving (like Blondell) before they happened too. Definitely has a strong source within the Whitecaps.

Ah that's right.

Yeah Glass City is great.

Thought it was a newer report.

Definitely seems like there's something on the horizon.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Ah that's right.

Yeah Glass City is great.

Thought it was a newer report.

Definitely seems like there's something on the horizon.

GC is now hinting it's Ali Adnan joining the Caps on loan. Not Moroccan (he's Iraqi) but a 25 year old with Serie A experience. If true, looks like a good signing.

Reactions: clunk and lindgren

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
GC is now hinting it's Ali Adnan joining the Caps on loan. Not Moroccan (he's Iraqi) but a 25 year old with Serie A experience. If true, looks like a good signing.
Another guy is saying Marcelo is possible as well.

Exciting times. Adnan would be incredible in his own right.

Marcelo, however, if you could buy Ardaiz/Montero down and add him, it would be a huge acquisition, but the likelihood of it is pretty low I'd say.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Drew Fisher is Canadian, half the games he referees it feels like he wants to avoid being called biased for Canadian teams that he's severe on them. He's not a good referee.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Adnan has signed with the Caps on a 4 month loan with an option to buy.

EDIT: Actually, sounds like there's no option to buy.
No option to buy kind of hurts, but at the very least he'll help us IMMENSELY and give us time to bring in a replacement if he leaves after 4 months.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I felt we genuinely deserved a point there. We were the better team but the chances were there to tie it, and they didn't.

But my god, is Hwang ever impressive. I don't think we've had a player of this quality since Camilo. Morales was a great player for us during his prime, but I think all around, Hwang is an even higher quality #10/#8

Reactions: canadianmagpie

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
They got jobbed on the penalty. Frustrating in an era of VAR – it was as clear as day on the replay, and it reminds me of the NHL's goal reviews where it's unambiguous and yet they still botch it.

I'd be more excited for Adnan if they were getting him more than a couple of months...

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Well, that's 0 points from 3 games. Another controversial penalty (at least this one went to VAR).

I knew that the Caps were going to be weak before the season began but I do think there's potential in the squad. Adnan should hopefully shore up the left side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad