OT: 2019 Vancouver Whitecaps

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
But he’s still employed with the WC? Rolls eyes

But you have to wonder how much of this is ownership issue and not wanting to send money.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Cavani to Miami FC. 18-19 mil. They are trying to bring in another world class piece as well. Fellaini/D Silva?

No way smaller markets are going to survive in this league much longer. VWFC is in serious trouble. Cant be going forward with such a small budget.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
What a joke this club is..

What a keeper Crepeau is. If I was still willing to give this organization a dime, a Crepeau jersey wouldn't be out of the question. Too bad, though.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Friendly reminder the caps were just outshot 43-5.

That's not a typo. 43 shots to 5. In a soccer game. That's almost a shot every 2 minutes. Beyond pathetic and unbelievable.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Friendly reminder the caps were just outshot 43-5.

That's not a typo. 43 shots to 5. In a soccer game. That's almost a shot every 2 minutes. Beyond pathetic and unbelievable.

Good news is Don Garber is going to force the ownership to do something if this lasts another year. The Whitecaps are a garbage team to watch and do little to further the league. There is 0 excuse to have a team this bad.

Again...the ownership group is going to heavily promote VWFC as a Canadian team next season. They are heavily pushing Bair...and Baldisimo and Colyn will be promoted more down the stretch. Henry, Cornelius and Teibert are garbage but will continue to get playing time. I am hoping a new ownership group buys the franchise. I will NOT support a CPL VWFC franchise if the current ownership has any involvement in it.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
Rachel Lewis needs to go, along with the owners, she's been lucky to avoid a lot of criticism. Ive gone from a Season ticket holder, to following Pacific FC. Hate the fact that Vancouvers team is a dumpster fire.

Reactions: clunk

joelCAMEL

Apr 17, 2018
Vancouver

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Though Vancouver is a smaller market as an MLS city, it is a very good soccer market. TV viewership for Whitecap games was over 100 000 most times, which was more than a lot of American TV broadcasts in a country with 10x the population. And crowds were pushing over 20 000 and forcing some seating expansion. The Whitecaps could easily be one of the richer teams in the league. It's just that ownership has been running this team into the ground, and finally the fans are starting to give up.

I still hold out hope that we can get a soccer specific stadium, because I believe this is an important step in growing soccer culture and tradition in Vancouver. Swangard would be a perfect site for a stadium. Very centrally located, still in a very urbanized area. I'm afraid though, that with current ownership, this team is going nowhere.

Reactions: Jyrki21

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Though Vancouver is a smaller market as an MLS city, it is a very good soccer market. TV viewership for Whitecap games was over 100 000 most times, which was more than a lot of American TV broadcasts in a country with 10x the population. And crowds were pushing over 20 000 and forcing some seating expansion. The Whitecaps could easily be one of the richer teams in the league. It's just that ownership has been running this team into the ground, and finally the fans are starting to give up.

I still hold out hope that we can get a soccer specific stadium, because I believe this is an important step in growing soccer culture and tradition in Vancouver. Swangard would be a perfect site for a stadium. Very centrally located, still in a very urbanized area. I'm afraid though, that with current ownership, this team is going nowhere.
The B.C. taxpayers are on the hook for a half billion dollars worth of upgrades to B.C. Place Stadium, but nothing's changed. Soccer was always meant to be played outdoors on natural grass. That's just the way it is.

Reactions: Luckylarry

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Desperate times, desperate measures I guess.

Attachments

• FE4CC17B-2612-4B11-9186-F14B6D1B2DD6.jpeg
    FE4CC17B-2612-4B11-9186-F14B6D1B2DD6.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 9

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
They are getting desperate. The front of the pamphlet says "We miss you."

I was thinking, if they did in fact miss us, why did they treat season ticket holders so badly? Have personally not spent a penny on the team this year as protest, and may do so for at least another season.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Lots of smoke on the inside. Apparently ownership have given MDS the green light to get a marquee DP. Not surprised as ticket renewals are at an all-time low.

Knowing this franchise "Marquee DP" will probably be a 37 year old Atiba Hutchinson...lol

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Lots of smoke on the inside. Apparently ownership have given MDS the green light to get a marquee DP. Not surprised as ticket renewals are at an all-time low.

Knowing this franchise "Marquee DP" will probably be a 37 year old Atiba Hutchinson...lol
I'd sooner renew Canucks season tickets. At least with the Canucks, you have some stars to watch. Whitecaps? Anybody they stumble upon will be just sold for transfer fees with the owners putting the cash in their wallets

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Canada beat the US 2-0 in CONCACAF Nations League today. First time we've beat the US in 34 years.

The US is definitely on a downward trend with mostly their coaching being a disaster but they're still a top 30 team in the world.

Davies was unreal today - hard to believe he's still only 18.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If Canada returns to relevance in the FIFA World Cup conversation, I really could care less what the Whitecaps do. As long as they're bringing along some younger prospects like Davies for the national program, then I'm apathetic about whatever happens at B.C. Place.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
A new Sporting Director is absolutely useless unless this team wakes the f*** up and decides to actually spend money on established talent, rather than ruffling through the bargain bin. They can name whoever they wanted but until that happens this team will continue to be the joke of the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad