Blue Jays GDT: 2019 v2|Next: vs Atl |Wed, Aug 28 | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Foltynewicz vs Waguespack

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
brave fans enjoy our announce team . in a stream and all they have talked about is how great they are

IIRC the Braves announcer crew is generally regarded among the worst.

Fangraphs used to do crowdsourced broadcast rankings for radio and TV, but the most recent I can find is 2016

2016 Broadcaster Rankings (TV): Complete Table and Notes

Atlanta was ranked 30th of 32 broadcasts (the extra 2 broadcasts came from the Dodgers and White Sox using different home/road crews to accommodate the workloads of Vin Scully and Stone/Hawk respectively)

Awful Announcing appears to have picked up the torch and published results for this year:

Your 2019 local MLB announcer rankings

The Braves clocked in at 21st on that list. The Jays checked in at a shocking 8th with a ranking history that had them yo-yo between the top 10 and the bottom 10, and in part buoyed by the increasing presence of Dan Shulman.

So it might be a case of the Braves fans thinking anything looks good compared to Chip "I'm not my grandfather. Not by a longshot." Carey

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Remember when Hechavarria was the most interesting international free agent prospect the Jays had? Ahead of the likes of Adonys Cardona, Alberto Tirado*, and Nestor Molina? Fun times.

*I remember having irrational dark-horse hopes for Tirado based almost entirely on some scouting reports that he had a decent changeup as a youngster and thinking how rare it was that a prospect arm was anything other than just big velo and big break.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
IIRC the Braves announcer crew is generally regarded among the worst.

Fangraphs used to do crowdsourced broadcast rankings for radio and TV, but the most recent I can find is 2016

2016 Broadcaster Rankings (TV): Complete Table and Notes

Atlanta was ranked 30th of 32 broadcasts (the extra 2 broadcasts came from the Dodgers and White Sox using different home/road crews to accommodate the workloads of Vin Scully and Stone/Hawk respectively)

Awful Announcing appears to have picked up the torch and published results for this year:

Your 2019 local MLB announcer rankings

The Braves clocked in at 21st on that list. The Jays checked in at a shocking 8th with a ranking history that had them yo-yo between the top 10 and the bottom 10, and in part buoyed by the increasing presence of Dan Shulman.

So it might be a case of the Braves fans thinking anything looks good compared to Chip "I'm not my grandfather. Not by a longshot." Carey

guess that puts things in perspective.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Prospect alert:

Adam Kloffenstein pitching for the Canadians on Sportsnet One (and eventually Sportsnet Pacific)

2 Ks, 1 hit through 1.1 innings so far. He looks good in the brief viewing so far in the night.

I implore everyone who can stick it out for the next couple hours to stay up late and watch not just a Jays top prospect, but check out the awesome minor league atmosphere the C's have cultivated here in BC.

Reactions: kb

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Prospect alert:

Adam Kloffenstein pitching for the Canadians on Sportsnet One (and eventually Sportsnet Pacific)

2 Ks, 1 hit through 1.1 innings so far. He looks good in the brief viewing so far in the night.

I implore everyone who can stick it out for the next couple hours to stay up late and watch not just a Jays top prospect, but check out the awesome minor league atmosphere the C's have cultivated here in BC.
Thank you! Just in time to see the Tanner Morris pick at short to end the second, the McGregory Contreras' bomb to lead off the bottom of the second.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Thank you! Just in time to see the Tanner Morris pick at short to end the second, the McGregory Contreras' bomb to lead off the bottom of the second.

It's not the greatest lineup of position players to watch, but a lot of that is on the fact that the C's just don't have an intriguing set of prospects there this season. The most interesting ones are Morris, Will Robertson, and Cameron Eden who were the team's 4th-6th rounders last draft. The big missing piece tonight is Phil Clarke behind the plate (Brett Wright, tonight's catcher, sucks.)

Kloff is worth the price of admission though. He's been on fire all season (except for the one game I went to and saw him pitch live :laugh:)

Reactions: kb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad