OT: 2019 Twins Playoff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I don’t get it. Do the Twins seemingly only play poorly against teams in pinstripes?

I mean, they won the season series vs the Rays and Astros, they were a great road team for like 3 months... I guess New York is their seemingly eternal kryptonite

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The year that the Twins beat the Yankees in the postseason will also be the year that the Vikings win the Superbowl and the Wild win the Cup. That's how tilted the earth will be.....

I’m convinced that whatever year the Yankees miss the playoffs the Twins will win a pennant

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Severino making history. Throwing four straight balls and getting the strikeout.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
They didn't even show up. That was not a playoff team. They said this team was new and didn't care about the history against the Yanks. BULLS**T! They curled up into the fetal position from the start.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
It’s insane how for whatever reason the baseball gods refuse to throw a bone at the Twins when it is This specific matchup.

seriously, I feel this would be 50 percent less depressing if they got swept by the Astros

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
They didn't even show up. That was not a playoff team. They said this team was new and didn't care about the history against the Yanks. BULLS**T! They curled up into the fetal position from the start.

for whatever reason, the Twins seem to lose all logic against pinstripes.

it’s like that team and uni seem to bring out the worst in them in a way I don’t think even the Astros could.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Twins and Yankees need to go separate ways and play other teams in October

a little variety might make this playoff drought less painful

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I was at the game last night. Amazing atmosphere. Almost as awesome as playoff baseball in the metrodome.

Really sad all year we get to this point and we dont make it a series. I wanted the ALCS very bad. The thing is we weren't expected to do much this season. Everyone had us last place.
This team is loaded for the future and we will be back contending for the division title for years to come.

Rocco and the staff did amazing job and they are not blowing this team up, but only adding to it.

Now lets turn to regular scheduled programming in Wild and Vikings
That's not true at all. Almost everyone had the Twins finishing second in the division.

They clearly benefited from a trio of terrible teams. That's not to say the Twins aren't a good team, because they certainly are still. I just wouldn't expect 100 wins again unless KC, Detroit, and Chicago are this bad again next year.

They need pitching badly. No need to elaborate on their biggest blocker from being a great team.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
This season is a waste if we don't follow it up by taking the next step forward. Just keep building. The offense seems to be good for a while with Buxton, Polanco, Kepler, Sano, Garver, Rosario and Arraez. Pitching is next.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
everyone had them last or second last. winning the division was gravy on a decent year. Some thought they finish 2nd or 3rd but who cares. when you are second and not picked for wild card means likely you are 20GB. This was clevelands season and we out did them.
I literally cannot find a source that had them lower than second. I understand your point, but they weren't as big of underdogs as you think.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Meanwhile the Rays just forced Game 5 against the Astros...

Every divisional series went the distance, except Twins-Yankees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad