GDT: 2019 Traverse Prospect Tournament Game 2 Leafs vs Hawks 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Now go back and look at my posts about Korshkov when he was playing for the Marlies last season, in games that did count

He looked like nothing more than injury depth then to unfortunately, he's not tracking to be a good pick

Nice try catching me out though :laugh:

You mean a 9 game sample size? His first games in North America and in a playoff setting with a new team and linemates.

Well that changes everything... my apologies.

horner

May 22, 2007
You mean a 9 game sample size? His first games in North America and in a playoff setting with a new team and linemates.

Give the kid time.

It must be tough not knowing the language as well.
Lots of new things for this kid to get used to.

Reactions: teddygmr

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Have you actually watched him? Looked at his KHL stat line? Watched KHL video of his game?

Anybody that's watched him play and sees an NHL player is entitled to their opinion and I'm more than happy to discuss his game with them but I don't see an NHL player and i'm not going to play pretend I do

Last edited:

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Gotta say with what we have on the Marlies, current NHL tweeners and what I saw from some of these kids I am pretty happy.
As I understand it, the plan is the lock up our core guys and have a pipeline of NHL level guys. From what I am seeing it looks like thats to be the case. I am not seeing any high high end guys but a ton of good guys. Guys who look like they can and will be NHL capable some day.

ZippityDooDa

Dec 22, 2018
Give the kid time.

It must be tough not knowing the language as well.
Lots of new things for this kid to get used to.

Normally I'd agree but Korshkov isn't making the NHL at least not with us. Average in every area except size..terrible pick.

Reactions: Jeypic

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Do not forget that Nick Robertson was 2 months premature when born in September 2001. He's the youngest player in this tournament!

Reactions: Lauro

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
if you didn't know the age or history of the players (throw away your bias) is there anyone you watched that you would think has a chance to make the team?

pretend they are all 22 years old.

based on their play alone.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Gotta say with what we have on the Marlies, current NHL tweeners and what I saw from some of these kids I am pretty happy.
As I understand it, the plan is the lock up our core guys and have a pipeline of NHL level guys. From what I am seeing it looks like thats to be the case. I am not seeing any high high end guys but a ton of good guys. Guys who look like they can and will be NHL capable some day.
U mean like every NHL team

Reactions: ULF_55

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Lines if they make it to the finals?

Robertson - SDA - Korshkov
Abramov - Stotts - Conrad
T.Bradley - Elynuik - Brazeau
Woods - Simoneau - Estephan

Kivihalme - Hollowell
Kral - Duszak
Rubins - Lindgren

Scott
Zhukov

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
if you didn't know the age or history of the players (throw away your bias) is there anyone you watched that you would think has a chance to make the team?

pretend they are all 22 years old.

based on their play alone.
Robertson looks like he could. Kivihalme. Everyone else could use some more development time.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Robertson's gonna be our 3rd line C in a couple years and Kivihalme is in the lead for the #3 LD spot imo.
Robertson has never played center, could be the third line LW maybe, and are you assuming Dermott or Sandin moves to the right side? Because if not no way he surplants one of Rielly/Dermott/Sandin.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He probably won’t, because newly drafted guys never really do, but it would be neat to see Robertson get some pre-season games in

ZippityDooDa

Dec 22, 2018
Robertson has never played center, could be the third line LW maybe, and are you assuming Dermott or Sandin moves to the right side? Because if not no way he surplants one of Rielly/Dermott/Sandin.

Oops thought he was C/LW. Either way he's gonna be at least in the top 9 in a few years and Kivihalme will likely take the #3 LD spot until Dermott is back, unless Babcock lobbies for Big Ben.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Dermott is hurt and Sandin isn't making it.
We have guys that require waivers though and there is no way Babcock is letting Harpur off the roster. After that Marincin is still probably ahead until camp starts as well probably, again because of waivers mostly.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Robertson has two noticeable traits that make him a good bet. His shot release is already NHLesque and his drive is elite. I never bet against heart and desire.

Reactions: Smif and kb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->