GDT: 2019 Traverse Prospect Tournament Game 2 Leafs vs Hawks 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Just started watching, how has simoneau and lopponen looked?
Simoneau seems to be too far down the lines to really have much of an impact. I've noticed him on the ice a couple of times (I was looking very hard though) and he's been neutral. Nothing spectacular good or bad.

Loponen has been good in my eyes. Simple quick passes and has on multiple occasions jumped the rush to set himself up for backdoor passes. Very ballsy moves for a kid. I think we're going to be very surprised by his play in the O. The way he plays usually leads to big numbers in juniors. Not sure how much of a leash he will be playing with or how big of a role he will have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prominence

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Soderlund? has been the Hawks most noticeable player this game.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
If you make the Marlies this year your going to earn your spot because there's some good depth throughout the organization

The Growlers management must be licking their chops right now. They are going to have some serious players this year. Again.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
The Growlers management must be licking their chops right now. They are going to have some serious players this year. Again.

There going to be dangerous, the quality of guys just missing the Marlies will be very very high

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
If I'm not wrong, we just beat a team with a 3rd overall pick, 8th overall pick and a 27th overall pick with a team that has no 1st rounders in sight. Not that it means much but still funny to see.

Robertson >>>>>>> Dach - today

Robertson >>> Dach - so far at this tourny

Reactions: Metroid

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
If I'm not wrong, we just beat a team with a 3rd overall pick, 8th overall pick and a 27th overall pick with a team that has no 1st rounders in sight. Not that it means much but still funny to see.

Robertson >>>>>>> Dach - today

Robertson >>> Dach - so far at this tourny
We did have a lot of matured college prospects though with lower upside though. Robertson did look more dynamic than dach however...

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
We did have a lot of matured college prospects though with lower upside though. Robertson did look more dynamic than dach however...
SDA, Robertson, Korshkov (that's true he's much older), Brazeau (he's old too) and Abramov looked much better than any forward on the Hawks not named Kurashev (he was stellar).

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Pre-season tournament's don't mean **** obviously but it's nice to see the kids doing well

Considering where we're picking now I'm really happy with how we seem to be developing our talent, if we can make kids like Brazeau into productive pros that can only benefit the club in the long term

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Aside from the regulars who we expected to do well today, I really liked what I saw from Abramov. I think we might have a solid project on our hands. He certainly has very good hands. Dude got blindsided like 5 times though. Needs to keep head up. He's a pretty good skater as well.

SDA skating looks much improved from last season.

Reactions: bonjovi0308

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Pre-season tournament's don't mean **** obviously

Obviously.

I don't think he's going to be anything more than an injury replacement, big body that skates ok with ok skill but nothing that's above average enough to help him stick imo

These forwards aren't even in the Leafs discussion but Kivihalme may surprise, he's got tools that will translate well to how we play imo, he's also standing out which is a decent sign

Basically my thinking about him, he hasn't got the tools to stick unless he plays like a Hyman or Brown and can bring something extra to the team

He's huge, he should be bullying these kids like Hyman right now but besides a nice pass he's just there

Not even 24 hour later, lol.

Reactions: Lauro and MyBudJT

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Obviously.

Not even 24 hour later, lol.

Now go back and look at my posts about Korshkov when he was playing for the Marlies last season, in games that did count

He looked like nothing more than injury depth then to unfortunately, he's not tracking to be a good pick

Nice try catching me out though :laugh:

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Are the Leafs guaranteed top spot now unless they get blown out? or how are ties decided? They're 2-0 with a +7 goal differential

Detroit 1-1 +4
Chicago 1-1 -2
St.Louis 0-2 -9

So unless they lose by 3 or 4 to Detroit they should be good right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad